Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Developed .mobi sites from well-known companies.

.mobi's from well-known companies and brands (more here):

Banking
    BofA.mobi (Bank of America)
    Chase.mobi
    Deutsche-Bank.mobi
    Wachovia.mobi
    Barclays.mobi
    RBC.mobi (Royal Bank of Canada)
    HSBCfrance.mobi

Financial Services
    Fidelity.mobi
    Ing.mobi
    AXA.mobi

Insurance
    StateFarm.mobi

Automotive

BMW.mobi
    Mercedes-Benz.mobi
    Rolls-Royce.mobi
    VolvoCars.mobi
    JaguarXF.mobi
    Opel.mobi

Travel
    Priceline.mobi

Hotels
    Marriott.mobi
    AccorHotels.mobi

Airlines
    Iberia.mobi
    Lufthansa.mobi
    AirNZ.mobi (Air New Zealand)
    SAS.mobi

Rental Cars
    Hertz.mobi

Transportation
    Amtrak.mobi
    AAA.mobi (American Automobile Association)
    Thalys.mobi

Logistics
    DHL.mobi

Sports
    ESPN.mobi
    NBA.mobi
    WNBA.mobi
    Patriots.mobi
    DSports.mobi (Dick's Sporting Goods)

Magazines
    Time.mobi (Time Magazine)
    BusinessWeek.mobi
    CNNMoney.mobi
    Entrepreneur.mobi

Beverages
    Smirnoff.mobi

Hollywood
    UniversalPictures.mobi

TV

Fox.mobi
    Disney.mobi
    NGC.mobi (National Geographic Channel)
    USAnetwork.mobi
    TBS.mobi (Turner Broadcasting Systems)
    Univision.mobi

Video Games
    Xbox.mobi
    IGN.mobi

Internet

MSN.mobi

Domains
    Sedo.mobi / SedoPro.mobi
    GoDaddy.mobi / TDNAM.mobi
    Netsol.mobi (Network Solutions)

Technology
    Oracle.mobi
    Cisco.mobi
    TexasInstruments.mobi

News
    FoxNews.mobi

Newspapers
    NYPost.mobi
    TheTimes.mobi
    TheSun.mobi

Guides
    Zagat.mobi

Mobile Operators

T-Mobile.mobi
    Three.mobi
    Vodafone.mobi
    TIM.mobi
    Orange.mobi

Mobile Manufacturers
    Nokia.mobi
    SonyEricsson.mobi
    BlackBerry.mobi

Telecommunications
    GSMWorld.mobi (GSMA)
    3Skype.mobi

Weather
    Weather.mobi (The Weather Channel)

Department Stores
    JCP.mobi (JC Penney)
    Nordstrom.mobi

Clothing
    Polo.mobi
    BenettonPress.mobi (United Colors of Benetton)

Pet Food

Oil
    Castrol.mobi
    Eni.mobi

Airports
    Schiphol.mobi (Amsterdam)

NGO's

WWF.mobi (World Wildlife Fund)
    NWF.mobi (National Wildlife Federation)

Cities, States & Countries (Official Sites)
    Barcelona.mobi
    Frankfurt.mobi
    Dublin.mobi
    Helsinki.mobi
    InformNY.mobi (New York State Department of Transportation)

I want to keep track of all the large, multi-national companies and brands that have launched their .mobi (if they use their .mobi to forward to another domain, then they must be advertising their .mobi site to be included), and categorize them by industry to organize it better. After all, these large companies have the power to make .mobi mainstream by simply advertising their .mobi site to their millions of customers.

I'll start the list and will edit it as it grows. Let's try to stick to very large, well-known corporations and important organizations that most people know.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

FordCA.mobi

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

How legit does TDNAM.mobi and GoDaddy.mobi appear on a mobile device?

Also, SAS? Scandanavian Airlines...don't they have mobi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    How legit does TDNAM.mobi and GoDaddy.mobi appear on a mobile device?
    They look pretty good.

Also, SAS? Scandanavian Airlines...don't they have mobi?
    Yes indeed, forgot about them, thanks for the reminder.

Pred

are we including the rfp process names? or are we gonna wait until the weather channel have finished with www.weather.mobi ?
    still, a biggie & it's live

Mobility Regular

Hi Andres,

I posted a list of mobi sites here if you want to go thru and sort out into categories.
    http://www.mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=109

James

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Hi Andres,

I posted a list of mobi sites here if you want to go thru and sort out into categories.

James
    Incredible list. I spent alot of time in there looking.

I would like to see more on the list actually using the .mobi rather than redirects. Time will tell.

There were some surprises on there. Ferrari.mobi. Big whoop, I thought. How many people can afford a Ferrari.

Then it hit me with the Formula 1 racing network. One good ad or sponsor or even signage at a race with .mobi could be huge. F1 is so international and perhaps gets as much coverage globally during it's season as does soccer (football).

So GO FERRARI GO!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Hi Andres,

James
    Hi James, thanks for that. However, I'm only interested in listing .mobi's from well-known companies that either 1) do not redirect to another TLD or 2) if they do redirect, the company is promoting the .mobi address. Anything else will be considered solely a "defensive registration" by a company, which I'm not interested in.

For example, Cisco has their .mobi. But if you go to their .mobi, it redirects to a .com. However, I did a google search for "cisco.mobi" within Cisco's .com site (Google: site:cisco.com cisco.mobi) and found a mention of Cisco.mobi/cn. That was good enough for me.

Do you know which ones on your list fit this criteria? Let me know and I'll categorize them and add them to my list.

Cheers,
    Andres
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Old news, new news:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/19371521
    Money Talks: Banks Start to Offer Mobile Service on Cell Phones

A great plug on CNBC regarding banks and the mobile internet. The old new is it specifically mentions BofA.mobi (which is still GREAT news to be run on CNBC) and the new news is it is the first time I have ever seen mention of WACHOVIA.MOBI.

However, the Wachovia.mobi is a redirect to what appears to be a mobile looking site. I still consider this good news as helping to get the brand awareness going. Thinking outside a domainers perspective, if i am an ordinary citizen and I am told to go to Wachovia.mobi, how many are going to look at the URL? If they land on the right page, that is all that really matters.

So, it is good news on two fronts (mentioning wachovia.mobi and actually using wachovia.mobi) but no so good new on the redirect. But I think we're getting there. These giants will help brand the extension and these stories will help pass it along to the people on the street.

I want my boy Michael (Boca Vision) to remember the Monday Morning boardroom meeting scenario at Wachovia. He'll get a big chuckle out of this.
    Last edited by Gerry; 06-29-2007 at 08:59 PM.

I'd like to know which phones actually display URL's, mine doesn't and actually records the URL I entered for the bookmark, not the actual URL of the page. Redirects don't matter one bit to me, I care what is advertised. This is a branding war not a redirect war.

my blackjack shows the url, but i agree with you, scandi. if the mobi is being promoted and/or people are typing the domain in as a mobi, we're doing great. most people have no idea what a redirect is anyway.

Andres,

Please include these 4 well-known brands:

Barclays.mobi - 4th largest financial service provider in the world; $45 billion revenue

Orange.mobi - 88.6 million people around the world use Orange Mobile; largest ISP in Europe

Ing.mobi - 10th largest company in the world; $120 billion revenue

Polo.mobi - largest clothing retailer in the U.S; $4 billion revenue

Thanks,

Michael

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

LOL!!

Gerry, you are either prescient or Ken Thompson, CEO Wachovia read your artful storyline....

Here is Gerry's (Circa1850) April mobisode which will be shown on a mobile phone near you......
    Of my nearly 350+ mobis, only a few are developed.

The rest are parked.

When you type in the domain, you will go to the parked page. The parked page is 5/5 mobi compliant. All the ads are a redirect to a dot com site. Why is that you ask?

The rest of the world has not caught up to .mobi yet.

In time, I would like to have all my mobi's up and running as sites.

So why is Wachovia redirected?

Let's use the same old worn out argument that mobi is a failure and all they are doing is protecting their brand.

Or lets use this argument...

DAMN WACHOVIA! You better get on the ball. Bank of America and Deutshe-Bank got their portable web sites up and promoting banking via mobile device. And look! The pages work!

Geeky kid places call to dad who works at the Wachovia Headquarters in Charlotte NC, which by the way is in close proximity to the Bank of America building and the Bank of America Stadium where the Carolina Panthers play (they are still smarting over that since Ericsson Phones dropped the name and B of A beat them to it while First Union and Wachovia were in merger talks...a North Carolina founded organization from the 1800's beat by out of towners).

Monday morning, May 21, 2007 meeting at Wachovia Headquarters, Charlotte NC.

Get my development team in here right now! It's bad enough we have to be literally in the shadows of BOFA with them having the tallest building in Charlotte and having the distinction as the tallest building in both the Carolinas, and the tallest between Philadelphia and Atlanta. Now we have to look out of my penthouse window on a NFL stadium that carries their name. We are letting a bunch of California surfer dudes kick our ass in our own backyard.

All of you, have a seat. Hope you had a good weekend. Nice weather we're having. I'd offer you some coffee and doughnuts but this won't take long and you will be on your way shortly.

Takes cell phone out of hands of geeky kid's father and slides it across the corporate board's mahogany meeting table.

I thought you said this **** wasn't going to work and it was years away! Look at this! Our competition is beating us to the punch and in the meantime you idiots that are being paid 6 figures a year to sit on your ass. I want this PRIORITY ONE! We are one of the largest banks in the world. I don't care if it takes 24 hours, seven days a week. I want this site up and running pronto. In the meantime, let our customers know that we are mobile. Even if that means releasing a PR statement letting them know its out there. The important thing is to let our customers know we offer the same services and more.

And if you can't do the job, I'll hire someone who can.

Old news, new news:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/19371521
    Money Talks: Banks Start to Offer Mobile Service on Cell Phones

A great plug on CNBC regarding banks and the mobile internet. The old new is it specifically mentions BofA.mobi (which is still GREAT news to be run on CNBC) and the new news is it is the first time I have ever seen mention of WACHOVIA.MOBI.

However, the Wachovia.mobi is a redirect to what appears to be a mobile looking site. I still consider this good news as helping to get the brand awareness going. Thinking outside a domainers perspective, if i am an ordinary citizen and I am told to go to Wachovia.mobi, how many are going to look at the URL? If they land on the right page, that is all that really matters.

So, it is good news on two fronts (mentioning wachovia.mobi and actually using wachovia.mobi) but no so good new on the redirect. But I think we're getting there. These giants will help brand the extension and these stories will help pass it along to the people on the street.

I want my boy Michael (Boca Vision) to remember the Monday Morning boardroom meeting scenario at Wachovia. He'll get a big chuckle out of this.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-30-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BocaVision View Post
    Andres,

Please include these 4 well-known brands:

Barclays.mobi - 4th largest financial service provider in the world; $45 billion revenue

Orange.mobi - 88.6 million people around the world use Orange Mobile; largest ISP in Europe

Ing.mobi - 10 largest company in the world; $120 billion revenue

Polo.mobi - largest clothing retailer in the U.S; $4 billion revenue

Thanks,

Michael
    Awesome Michael, thanks!

Let's keep growing that list.

www.StateFarm.mobi - Largest Insurance provider in North America; $60 billion revenue; 75 million insurance policies; their dotMOBI was advertised on their dotCOM site

Rolls-Royce.mobi

sina.mobi

Mega Chinese search engine. Redirects to their dot com. But home page shows mobile phone dead center. That has got to be a huge awareness campaign, imo.

Perhaps not well known, but international and definitely high end usage in the business sector and international trade, shipping, logistics, and packaging.

http://www.rfidnews.mobi/

Look on their own news site and look at the mega companies as well as nations mentioned:

http://www.rfidnews.mobi/content/category/1/1/33/

Cardinal Health is perhaps the largest medial supplies supplier in the US. Who has not heard of Wal-Mart.

So if companies, countries, organizations, can track their shipments and get updates on a mobi site, what kind of boost could that potentially have?

To me, this is big as it is a global enterprise and technology that encompasses durable goods, valuables, perishables, etc. It is used as a means of security, anti-theft, tracking, anti piracy and counterfeiting, and national security. UPS, DHL, FedEX, and all the others are using this technology.

Bring it on, baby, bring it on! One at a time...it is all good!

I would like to see the following category and .mobi added to the list. Extremely popular in the U.S. and soon to be going international. They're a great company.

Driving Directions
    Pilot.mobi

Hi guys,

Thanks for your recent input, but I want this list to be of well-known companies so that the average Joe can understand the wide-spread adoption of .mobi by companies they're familiar with.

Thanks anyway!

http://businessweek.mobi/
    Very Nice

www.buongiorno.mobi/
    Italy's Largest Daily

http://schiphol.mobi Maybe under transportation? (Amsterdam International Airport)

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your recent input, but I want this list to be of well-known companies so that the average Joe can understand the wide-spread adoption of .mobi by companies they're familiar with.

Thanks anyway!
    Well-known companies? I'd say that at least three people (Me, my fiancee, and Jack our dog) have heard of Creative LLC. I'll try adding it to the list again once more people have heard of it! I'll be back!! Count on it!!

Choice.com.au and choice.mobi

I don't know how big of a company / presence they are, but they are nonprofit and reg'd their .mobi aug 11, so they are end users for sure....

I went through Choice, nice to see them having a site for mobile too!, They are big but not what i think Andres means! say just doing a quick browser type in for http://www.klm.mobi Royal Dutch Airlines, it reverted to their .com, but at least they're using their mobi!

Do I get brownie points or has someone before me posted this already? sorry if overlooked!
    Last edited by photoman; 08-01-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: put in link for members

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Choice.com.au and choice.mobi

I don't know how big of a company / presence they are, but they are nonprofit and reg'd their .mobi aug 11, so they are end users for sure....
    photoman's right. Although I'm familiar with Choice.com.au since I live in Australia, most people aren't. Let's try and stick to multi-billion dollar companies. Having said that, I was not aware that Choice had their .mobi, so this is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by photoman
    I went through Choice, nice to see them having a site for mobile too!, They are big but not what i think Andres means! say just doing a quick browser type in for http://www.klm.mobi Royal Dutch Airlines, it reverted to their .com, but at least they're using their mobi!

Do I get brownie points or has someone before me posted this already? sorry if overlooked!
    Nice find, photoman, but sorry, no brownie points because it looks like a defensive reg since they are redirecting their .mobi to a .com and are not advertising their .mobi...once they either stop redirecing or start advertising their .mobi, I'll add them. Still a good find because a redirect is better than not resolving (e.g. cnn.mobi).

Not sure if this is the "official" site, but it is noteworthy for major US colleges and Universities:

U Texas - University of Texas - http://utexas.mobi

I also found this to be quite interesting:

http://live.mobi/
    Live.mobi - MSN Mobile @ http://live.mobi

Is this a second MSN.mobi site??? It certainly looks like it and it is a redirect which is a shame for such a great word. And, it is copyrighted by Microsoft. It appears to be a Windows Live Beta test site which is quite nice, very promising, imo.

Also, the international online dating site FlirtBox.com is now mobile:
    Flirt Box - Flirtbox.mobi – Mobile dating service - http://www.flirtbox.mobi
    Last edited by Gerry; 08-01-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Not sure if anyone has seen this?

http://wapedia.mobi by these guys http://www.taptu.net/index.html
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Have not seen this posted yet, but this is quite a BIGGIE for the folks in the states.

Triple A - aaa.mobi (american automobile association)

Wonderful that someone actually took a reserved name and made it into a .mobi site.

Have not seen this posted yet, but this is quite a BIGGIE for the folks in the states.

Triple A - aaa.mobi (american automobile association)

Wonderful that someone actually took a reserved name and made it into a .mobi site.
    Nice find, Gerry, they're huge! No redirect, either!

Well this part of the AAA saga is puzzling:

Domain ID: D29526-MOBI
    Domain Name:AAA.MOBI
    Created On:12-Jun-2006 14:00:23 UTC
    Last Updated On:05-Feb-2007 05:05:04 UTC
    Expiration Date:12-Jun-2009 14:00:23 UTC
    Last Transferred Date:07-Dec-2006 04:15:06 UTC
    Trademark Name:AAA
    Trademark Country:CN
    Trademark Number:123456
    Date Trademark Applied For:2005-01-01
    Date Trademark Registered:2005-01-01
    Sponsoring Registrar:Encirca, Inc. (455)
    Created by Registrar:Beijing Innovative Linkage Technology Ltd dba dns.com.cn (633)
    Last Updated by Registrar:Afilias Ltd. (4000017)
    Registrant ID:420141755630329
    Registrant Name:HULA CHU
    Registrant Organization:Guangdong Prometheus Advertising Ltd.Co
    Registrant Street1:9th floor No 533 Tianhe Road ,Guangzhou.P.R.C China
    Registrant City: GUANGZHOU
    Registrant State/Province:GD
    Registrant Postal Code:510630
    Registrant Country: CN
    Registrant Phone:+86.2061212828
    Registrant Phone Ext.:5040
    Registrant FAX:+86.2087532313
    Registrant Email:[email protected]

Founding Member

they just never changed the whois... it was awarded to them during the sunrise challenge period... fake chinese TM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast