Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Mobility.mobi!

Welcome, Eric!

Make yourself at home here, we're a pretty friendly bunch. (for the most part! )

See you around!

Tom

Welcome Eric.

Certainly look forward to your comments and visions. If you get a tiny bit of what I have since I've been here, you'll find your time well vested. Lot's of old threads out there of interest as well, so get used to the search feature

Kudos to you stepping up on the development front. You've come to the right place for everything mobi!

See ya around!
    Mark

Default Introducing me...

Hi everyone,

My name is Caryl and I work in Melbourne Australia as a consultant primarily in education and training for those who want to learn about or embrace mobility in all its forms.

I spend a lot of time helping teachers understand the digital world so that they can prepare their material in such a way that it can work on mobile phones, wifi, PDAs and other handheld devices.

I found this site because I am putting together a mobile web quest and wanted some really interesting mobile sites to direct people to look at - any suggestions?

I shall look forward to joining in with this community now that I have found you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caryl Oliver View Post
    I found this site because I am putting together a mobile web quest and wanted some really interesting mobile sites to direct people to look at - any suggestions?
    Welcome to Mobility! You can take a look in this section here for some existing sites http://mobility.mobi/forumdisplay.php?f=9 and also consider looking through some of the directories like DIR.mobi. More of those can be found here http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=546 Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Welcome to Mobility! You can take a look in this section here for some existing sites http://mobility.mobi/forumdisplay.php?f=9 and also consider looking through some of the directories like DIR.mobi. More of those can be found here http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=546 Happy hunting!
    Thanks for that I will go have a look.

Hi Caryl

A big hardy welcome to Mobility. I'm certain you'll find what you're looking for here. On top of the mobile adoptions by major companies widely known, you'll find many of our members have a wide variety of developed sites (including myself...see signature) you might find interesting.

Best of luck in your quest and don't be a stranger.

Welcome to mobility! If you have any questions, just ask. We're on all different time zones here, so if you don't get an answer within 24 hours, write another post on the thread and say "bump," someone will get back to you.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Smile Hello

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited about the endless possibilities of using .mobi what is the difference between .me and .mobi ?

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by thehappyrealtor View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am very excited about the endless possibilities of using .mobi what is the difference between .me and .mobi ?
    Greetings Happy Realtor,

You might want to start a thread to introduce your self just so people get a chance to meet you here. We are always glad to see new members join

The big difference between Dot Me and Dot Mobi is Mobi is designate for mobile web design so that sites fit the screens on mobile phones, pages are made to load quickly on cell phones, and hopefully the information provided is more targeted to searches made mobiliy.

Dot Me is like the other extensions ie Dot Com etc in that it is a basic TLD aimed at the personal computer user market. Any site can have a mobile site version of it's main site but it is not mandated and at this time most don't focus on the needs of the mobile internet.

If you bring up Mobility.mobi on your cell phone you will see that the site loads quickly and is easier to navigate in your phone than other non mobile sites. Any domain can be made to produce results tailored to the type of device you are accessing however Dot Mobi mandates that sites built with Mobi names be designed to work well for mobile users but you can also have a Mobi site detect PC users and render a full screen site for those users.

I hope that helps. Anyhow welcome to Mobility. I suggest taking time to read and learn about Dot Mobi on this site and others if you are thinking about investing in domains. Although domain investing looks easy, developing sites and selling domain names is pretty difficult and should be given the same respect you would give in considering entering any kind of business.

Ask lot's of questions as forum users try to help each other learn and grow in their efforts.

Hope to see you around here

Best wishes,

C..T.
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Pred

just a little extra info, think wasn't 100% accurate when he said .me was a tld like .com

it's not
    it's a cctld, so its a country extension for montenegro. it won't rank well outside the country unless it has a great site and seo etc. the main appeal is it's brandable as obviously 'me' or hacks. ie. meet.me etc.

its quite cute, but i have 3 and thats 2 too many if you know what i mean. its had some good sales and is better than the ghastly .asia but up to you.

more reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.me

basically for .mobi, go explore the forum and read, read , read. there is more info and links here than anywhere else. now go and read for 3 weeks, im not joking, and come back when you have learned some stuff

dont reg anything until you have done this.

btw, hi

Default Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the advise. What I am trying to accomplish is building websites to generate internet leads for my company. IT seemed a great idea to use the .me and the.mobi. Do these sites get good rankings with the search engines? I understand the mobi is for cell phones and .me is like an extenstion or another type of domain name

Smile

I also just joined the forum!!!

Pred

Talking

well, .me offers an opportunity for a startup imo , brandable new etc, doesnt really go with a company that already has a .co.uk say

however companies that have a .com site, or .co.uk etc are finding they need a mobile site and that offers a great opportunity for a new branding tool that compliments their existing site and taps into all that new mobile traffic.
    step up .mobi.

also if you are a start up, your .mobi site can be a fullblown site on a pc and a mobile site on mobile, 2 for 1 if you like.
    whats more you can more often than not, handreg the mobi or pick up for a reasonable sum, whereas the .com maybe unobtainable or cost the earth, literally.

btw, welcome to the forum. anymore advice and it's $150 an hour, but you do get hot towels with that

Default Marketing

Hello

Currently I have a dot.com website and purchased a .me and .mobi last night with the same domain name.

First time poster!

Hi i (manas mahodaya ) am a new member to this mobi forum , looks as it was the place i was looking for . i am from india .

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by thehappyrealtor View Post
    Hello

Currently I have a dot.com website and purchased a .me and .mobi last night with the same domain name.
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi i (manas mahodaya ) am a new member to this mobi forum , looks as it was the place i was looking for . i am from india .
    Welcome to Mobility, Enjoy your stay around
    ERP.MOBI | LOG.MOBI | BROADCAST.MOBI | SHARES.MOBI | RFP.MOBI

Hello and how are you?

Default newby

just following the instructions and saying hello with my first post. i am just developing my new mobile site, freomob.mobi

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by freomob View Post
    just following the instructions and saying hello with my first post. i am just developing my new mobile site, freomob.mobi
    Welcome to Mobility, enjoy your stay here

Banned

Default hi

hi everybody

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunjoy79 View Post
    hi everybody
    Welcome to Mobility

Mobility Regular

Thumbs up Welcome!

Lots of new introductions in this thread, my warmest welcome to: Caryl Oliver, thehappyrealtor, manasmahodaya, freomob, sunjoy79!
    (hope I didn't forget anyone)

It's great with new members and I hope you will like it here.

Best regards,
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by freomob View Post
    Hey!

Someone I know face to face, it aint a pretty face but it's good to see you here!

LOL

Folks - Simon taught me a few things about WML in the early days, pretty much he helped me build my first WAP site years n years ago, since then there's been no looking back.

Simon's inviting people to exchange links on this post http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=30112 as Tesco say every little helps so get over there!
    Andy Moore
    i don't do tech / mobi anymore - why do something that annoys and stresses lol

New: Most Minty Tooth Oil - GMO and fluoride free toothpaste alternative

100% natural botanical extracts to whiten teeth, freshen breath and strengthen gums
    Used, recommended and sold by Harley Street private dentists

My other websites:

http://sellyoursongs.info/ - Sell Your Songs using Mobile Payments
    http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ - Detect Mobile Browsers
    http://andymoore.info/m-commerce-php/ - M-Commerce PHP (sell stuff on the mobile web)
    http://locationdetection.mobi/ - Detect a mobile browser's latitude & longitude
    http://andymoore.info/mysql-lyrics-database/ - Half a million lyrics

Welcome everyone!
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

hello everyone....

i am here to share my thoughts and knowledge about Nokia's newest launch of touch screen mobile phone- Nokia 5800..

thanks

Default future

I am glad to be a part of a process that I consider necessary to business. Thanks for letting me in, I would like to prove to everyone I work with it is the future.

domainitrix

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lacrioxdog View Post
    I am glad to be a part of a process that I consider necessary to business. Thanks for letting me in, I would like to prove to everyone I work with it is the future.
    Welcome to Mobility lacrioxdog. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the forum!

Greetings, im Rosh.

First time poster!

Default cancellation

not sure what I was doing but please cancel my regristration

Pred

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jogwilli View Post
    not sure what I was doing but please cancel my regristration
    lol

interesting username.............

suffer from chafing?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast