PDA

View Full Version : Parked.com now has a mobi template

texasgamer
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
First Sedo, then Namedrive and now Parked!
Parked.com now has a template for parking mobi sites.
(It scores 4/5 at ready.mobi).
Here is what it looks like:
www.MusicCharts.mobi (http://www.MusicCharts.mobi)

The primary objective is to develop our mobi sites. But if your like me, and have tons of domains, there just isn't enough time in the day or resources to develop them all. So parking will have to suffice for now!

Scandiman
01-24-2008, 06:28 AM
thanks for the heads up. Never used them before, anyone here have previous experience with parked? Btw, site looks good on my phone

Dave
01-24-2008, 06:56 AM
thanks for the heads up. Never used them before, anyone here have previous experience with parked? Btw, site looks good on my phone
I've been gradually moving all my non-.mobi names over to Parked, and have been with them since last May. I'm quite pleased with them -- fantastic selection of name-specific images that it automatically puts up with the keywords in the domain name. But there are also many customization options as well. The revenue has been better on the whole for me than Sedo, and on top of that, they pay you for multiple clicks by the same visitor!

I just might have to give my .mobis a try there now...

GijsZePa
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
First Sedo, then Namedrive and now Parked!
Parked.com now has a template for parking mobi sites.
(It scores 4/5 at ready.mobi).
Here is what it looks like:
www.MusicCharts.mobi (http://www.MusicCharts.mobi)

The primary objective is to develop our mobi sites. But if your like me, and have tons of domains, there just isn't enough time in the day or resources to develop them all. So parking will have to suffice for now!

The main question is...do the ads go to a mobile website ...(and looking at it..they don't)

Who will be the first parking company who provides that ?

Martin

vikrantjain22
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM

I had moved all my non-mobi names there and the exp. has been pretty good.
Unlike the others, they pay twice in a month and on time and multiple clicks on the same names are allowed.
They have 2 ad feeds. For the Major Markets like the US, canada etc they use a Yahoo Feed and for the Secondary markets like India or China they use a secondary feed from Ask.com
Overall very good and Customer Service is very Good and the Owner Donny he works almost like a robot non-stop.
Ping him a PM on any of the Forums and he would get back to you in 24 hours if not 12.
I am yet to put my Mobi names as Sedo pays me Excellent rates there. Some of the names get as much as 3.5 Euros a Click.:biggrin:

Scandiman
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all the input, reps all around.

Pred
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
sweet.
thanks for heads up.
repped texas

time to move hundreds away from sedo :coo2l: lol

actually btw you can view source and rip that code and alter if anyone is looking for a simple template.

wonder if you can change style from within parked too hmmm

Pred
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
i just saw.

one of mine has a slightly different style to yours, this looks more mobile friendly. maybe we can edit. im off to find out.

www.aftershaves.mobi

There doesnt seem to be a facility to add your for sale link.
be nice if we could edit logo too.

suggestions for Donny me thinks? :dontknow: :coo2l:

Gerry
01-24-2008, 03:57 PM
actually btw you can view source and rip that code and alter if anyone is looking for a simple template.
That called hacking.

Negative rep x 2

Pred
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
That called hacking.

Negative rep x 2

lol
i'll be checking bitch

actually called 'practice' for those that need practice developing... hint hint :coo2l:

:biggrin:

Dave
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
i just saw.

one of mine has a slightly different style to yours, this looks more mobile friendly. maybe we can edit. im off to find out.

www.aftershaves.mobi (http://www.aftershaves.mobi)

There doesnt seem to be a facility to add your for sale link.
be nice if we could edit logo too.

suggestions for Donny me thinks? :dontknow: :coo2l:
You got the 1-click lander rather than the 2-click. You don't get to pick, it gets picked for you -- usually for good generics.

Pred
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
You got the 1-click lander rather than the 2-click. You don't get to pick, it gets picked for you -- usually for good generics.

ah, thanks dag.

i checked on edit function in parked cpanel as its still showing up as if was a com parked page.

i emailed donny about it to see when and if we can edit logo, get sales site link, blah blah

no rep necessary

ah, go on then :biggrin:

coast
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
This is excellent news. Parked is the only company that has actually ever issued me a check - I'm accumulating on Godaddy but haven't been paid yet. And Sedo parking? Ha, don't make me laugh.

Looks like I'll need to dig up the old username and password. And yes, the goal is to develop them all, but this is a good stopover.

Repped.

TMM
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi guys,

I recently signed up with Parked.com and just started moving some .com's into the account. Today I also tried a .mobi, but I can't seem to find the .mobi templates... nor does the help center mention anything about it.

Could you point me in the right direction...?

Regards,

TMM

Scandiman
02-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I applied showing only some of my better .mobi's and they turned me down. LOL.

domainitrix
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I applied showing only some of my better .mobi's and they turned me down. LOL.

No way!!! You have awsome geos --what are they thinking?:dontknow:

@TMM

You wont see the templates on your user CP. But, once you point the name to parked ( your mobis) it will automatically adapt to the "mobi " template--wait a few min & see. You can adjust the keyword ( it usually understands the last word or so: i.e. Keywords: bread, fruits, trains= it will show train related things on the page most likely.)

Scandiman
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
No way!!! You have awsome geos --what are they thinking?:dontknow:If I had to guess they didn't like the tld on the end :laugh:

Dave
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
If I had to guess they didn't like the tld on the end :laugh:
Well, just apply with your .COMs (you do have some of those, don't you? :wink:) and then park your .mobis instead when you get accepted....

TMM
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Domainitrix, thanks - I'll give that a try and see what happens :)

Scandiman, I'm afraid you're probably right about your last post - I applied using 15-20 .coms of rather mediocre quality, but had no problems. Let's hope they will come around and realize .mobi is nothing to laugh about. By the way, what is your .scandi affiliation, so to speak? I'm a Norwegian myself...

Scandiman
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, just apply with your .COMs (you do have some of those, don't you? :wink:) and then park your .mobis instead when you get accepted....
Or just continue with my dev plans. Parking isn't my goal so ultimately it just doesn't matter to me, even with my .coms.

Dave
02-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Or just continue with my dev plans. Parking isn't my goal so ultimately it just doesn't matter to me, even with my .coms.
Well, sure...if you're into that kind of thing...

:wink:

texasgamer
02-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi guys,

I recently signed up with Parked.com and just started moving some .com's into the account. Today I also tried a .mobi, but I can't seem to find the .mobi templates... nor does the help center mention anything about it.

Could you point me in the right direction...?

Regards,

TMM

If you add a .mobi name, the system will set the mobile template by default.