PDA

View Full Version : Problems with developmy.mobi

gverdugo
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
$10 each, or $100 takes em all! well dave i guess this is round 2 , you still have not responded to email i sent you about my 300.00 that i paid you and you still havent gave me **** , the zip files for home plate and cpanel info ALSO,, and the finished product for renta. IF ANYONE DOES BUSINESS WITH DEVELOPMY PLEASE DONT PAY HIM STRAIGHT THROUGH PAYPAL HAVE HIM DO AN EBAY PURCHASE SO THIS WAY HE IS HELD DOUBLE ACCOUNTIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS, I AM SOO ****** OFF AT YOU DAVE . YOU ARE FULL OF **** AND EMPTY PROMISES.:mad2: IT BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW, THIS IS BULLCRAP TO THE FULLEST.

developmy.mobi
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I've sent you the zip files twice to your email. I told you I cannot give you a full refund as the site is half done, and I cant refund you for a site I completed.

Here is a screenshot of the email. Check your email and stop hijacking my posts. Maybe your forwarder doesnt work.

http://dvw.mobi/jorge.png

Andres Kello
11-11-2009, 10:59 PM
well dave i guess this is round 2 , you still have not responded to email i sent you about my 300.00 that i paid you and you still havent gave me **** , the zip files for home plate and cpanel info ALSO,, and the finished product for renta. IF ANYONE DOES BUSINESS WITH DEVELOPMY PLEASE DONT PAY HIM STRAIGHT THROUGH PAYPAL HAVE HIM DO AN EBAY PURCHASE SO THIS WAY HE IS HELD DOUBLE ACCOUNTIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS, I AM SOO ****** OFF AT YOU DAVE . YOU ARE FULL OF **** AND EMPTY PROMISES.:mad2: IT BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW, THIS IS BULLCRAP TO THE FULLEST.I reiterate (http://mobility.mobi/showpost.php?p=128718&postcount=26).

AND THIS IS FOR ANDRES , I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU RUN THIS FORUM AND NOT ADDRESS THE ISSUEFirst of all, if you have something to say to me personally, then use the Private Message facility. Second, if you think criticizing me or my forum in public is going to somehow pressure me into getting involved with this private matter, then you don't know me very well. You have provided no evidence that you were wronged by developymy.mobi and so it is your word against his. Before you complained, he had a 100% positive feedback rating, so I wasn't going to take any action just because you said so.

I WILL THOUGH ON DNFORUM ALSO , AT LEAST OVER THERE THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS.Feel more than free not to use Mobility again in the future.

DAVE HAS MADE THIS FORUM NOT TRUSTWORTHY PERIOD. This forum is more than just one member.

AND YOU ANDRES WERE SO QUICK TO "PM" ME IF I WANTED TO TAKE THE NEGATIVE MARK I LEFT ON DEVELOPMY , THIS IS INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's only because I had understood in this post (http://mobility.mobi/showpost.php?p=128772&postcount=29) that Dave had returned your money, which obviously wasn't the case. If you consider your proficiency in English and read that post quickly, it sounds like you were stating that he had sent you your money back, which is why I PM'd you asking if you wanted to remove your Negative Feedback:
Hi,

Since developmy.mobi returned your money, let me know if you'd like me to remove the Negative Marketplace Rating you left him.

Thanks,
Andres Caring about members is not a defect, I can assure you.

I CANT BELIEVE THAT HE IS STILL DOING BUSINESS HERE.Ask the 22 people (http://mobility.mobi/itrader.php?u=151) who left Dave positive feedback whether he should be allowed to continue doing business here. I believe they will have a different view.

gverdugo, I think your post says more about you than Dave or Mobility or myself.

gverdugo
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I reiterate (http://mobility.mobi/showpost.php?p=128718&postcount=26).

First of all, if you have something to say to me personally, then use the Private Message facility. Second, if you think criticizing me or my forum in public is going to somehow pressure me into getting involved with this private matter, then you don't know me very well. You have provided no evidence that you were wronged by developymy.mobi and so it is your word against his. Before you complained, he had a 100% positive feedback rating, so I wasn't going to take any action just because you said so.

Feel more than free not to use Mobility again in the future.

This forum is more than just one member.

That's only because I had understood in this post (http://mobility.mobi/showpost.php?p=128772&postcount=29) that Dave had returned your money, which obviously wasn't the case. If you consider your proficiency in English and read that post quickly, it sounds like you were stating that he had sent you your money back, which is why I PM'd you asking if you wanted to remove your Negative Feedback: Caring about members is not a defect, I can assure you.

Ask the 22 people (http://mobility.mobi/itrader.php?u=151) who left Dave positive feedback whether he should be allowed to continue doing business here. I believe they will have a different view.

gverdugo, I think your post says more about you than Dave or Mobility or myself.
payment sent on the 9th of aug for 300.00 DO YOU WANT PAYPAL TO CONTACT YOU !!!!! I DONT CARE IF DAVE HAS 22 POSITIVE FEED BACKS HE HAS SCREWED ME ... AND I LEFT YOU A MESSAGE ON YOU PROFILE MONTHS AGO , HOW MUCH CLEAR IS THAT! AT DNFORUM THEY HAVE MODS OVER SEEING ISSUES LIKE THIS , AND HERE NOBODY GIVES A CRAP. I HAVE CONTACTED DAVE ON MANY OCCASSIONS, WITH NO RESPONSE, I SEE HIM TRYING TO SELL HIS MOBI 'S ALL DAY LONG AND DOESNT RETURN NOT EVEN AN EMAIL. HE JUST STARTED BECAUSE I STARTED SHARING WITH EVERYONE AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE TALKED TO OTHERS HERE THAT HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE BUT DIDNT SAY NOTHING, WELL I WILL PM YOU THE PAYPAL PROOF AND I WILL ALSO PM YOU ALL THE EMAILS I SENT HIM , I WANT MY MONEY BACK PERIOD. CHECK YOUR PROFILE ANDRES AND CHECK DEVELOPMY PROFILE YOU WILL SEE THAT I TRIED TO CONTACT HIM MONTHS AGO. I GIVE PERMISSION TO YOU AND GO INTO MY IN BOX YOU CAN READ EVERYTHING ABOUT DEVELOPMY

developmy.mobi
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Apparently you didnt read my post, George.

developmy.mobi
11-11-2009, 11:34 PM
and once again STOP hijacking my threads george.

gverdugo
11-11-2009, 11:38 PM
well give me my 200.00 for renta .mobi and i will leave you alone !!!!!

gverdugo
11-11-2009, 11:46 PM
AND STOP HIJACKING MY MONEY. PAY UP OR SHUT UP!

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM

First of all, if you have something to say to me personally, then use the Private Message facility. Second, if you think criticizing me or my forum in public is going to somehow pressure me into getting involved with this private matter, then you don't know me very well. You have provided no evidence that you were wronged by developymy.mobi and so it is your word against his. Before you complained, he had a 100% positive feedback rating, so I wasn't going to take any action just because you said so.

That's only because I had understood in this post (http://mobility.mobi/showpost.php?p=128772&postcount=29) that Dave had returned your money, which obviously wasn't the case. If you consider your proficiency in English and read that post quickly, it sounds like you were stating that he had sent you your money back, which is why I PM'd you asking if you wanted to remove your Negative Feedback: Caring about members is not a defect, I can assure you.

Ask the 22 people (http://mobility.mobi/itrader.php?u=151) who left Dave positive feedback whether he should be allowed to continue doing business here. I believe they will have a different view.

gverdugo, I think your post says more about you than Dave or Mobility or myself. Sent (Unique Transaction ID #4PV817293C408561L)
Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Aug 9, 2009Payment To West County Web Completed ...-$300.00 USD
Related Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Aug 9, 2009Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed $300.00 USD

Business Name:
West County Web Payment Sent to:

[email protected] ([email protected])siness Contact Information
Customer Service URL:https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../scr/pixel.gif (https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-600-20091109-1/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif)http://westcountyweb.com (http://westcountyweb.com)Customer Service Email:https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../scr/pixel.gif (https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-600-20091109-1/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif)[email protected] (MAILTO:[email protected])Customer Service Phone:https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR.../scr/pixel.gif (https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-600-20091109-1/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif)413-522-8088
Amount sent:
-$300.00 USDFee amount:
$0.00 USDNet amount:
-$300.00 USD

Date:
Aug 9, 2009Time:
15:27:24 PDTStatus:
Completed
Subject:
You've got money! here the payment and no finished product 100.00 was for homeplate.mobi and 200.00 for renta.mobi

tophatter
11-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Hi Dave, well maybe after you sell some more names/sites you can also refund me the $$$ I sent you months ago without any results from you.I won't go into anymore detail but I am very surprised at your pure irresponsible attitude when a job is given out to you.
Enough said, Have a Nice Day!!!!

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 03:34 AM
WHERE IS MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Hi Dave, well maybe after you sell some more names/sites you can also refund me the $$$ I sent you months ago without any results from you.I won't go into anymore detail but I am very surprised at your pure irresponsible attitude when a job is given out to you.
Enough said, Have a Nice Day!!!! WOW tophatter we are in the same boat.. dave owes me 200.00 for months ago also..

Tim
11-12-2009, 06:49 AM
...interesting debate...

rob
11-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Ive personally done lots of business with developmy and have never had a problem. ...

Yeesh Dave i forgot which name i wanted to buy. I'll get back to you
http://bmx.mobi/funny-pictures-beware-of-the-cute-duckling-scam.jpg

Andres Kello
11-12-2009, 10:08 AM
That's now two members having a problem with developmy.mobi.

His very positive feedback rating suggests not many people have had problems with him, but I'm starting to receive private messages that suggest otherwise.

If we have conclusive evidence that a member has screwed over another member, the offending member will receive an immediate and permanent ban (this has only happened once before). It is trickier when it becomes an issue of one member's word against another, particularly if we have to make a judgment call regarding how "well" a job was done, so in these cases it is easier to look at whether there is a history of problems.

Therefore, if you've experienced problems with developmy.mobi in the past, please post or PM your experience.

If we determine that there is a pattern of abuse by developmy.mobi, then we will be forced to take action to protect the community.

We are also working on new rules to ensure the Feedback System does a better job of reflecting the reality on the ground, such as prohibiting Developers from leaving retaliatory Negative Feedback against a client who has paid them.

developmy.mobi
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I will refund your money as soon as possible.

newdomainer
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I will refund your money as soon as possible.

I think that is sensible investment.... without prejudice... this is turning into a very immature playground spat over a couple of marbles! :confused2:

I have conducted myself well & ethically in all my business activities but still I have managed to really **** some people off!... it's the way things go sometimes; you can't always predict outcomes however good the intentions! Close the matter & move on... :smile:

kiwi
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
To be fair,as the overall nature of this thread reflects otherwise - in my biz dealings with develop my, he is busy but he has followed up.

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
That's now two members having a problem with developmy.mobi.

His very positive feedback rating suggests not many people have had problems with him, but I'm starting to receive private messages that suggest otherwise.

If we have conclusive evidence that a member has screwed over another member, the offending member will receive an immediate and permanent ban (this has only happened once before). It is trickier when it becomes an issue of one member's word against another, particularly if we have to make a judgment call regarding how "well" a job was done, so in these cases it is easier to look at whether there is a history of problems.

Therefore, if you've experienced problems with developmy.mobi in the past, please post or PM your experience.

If we determine that there is a pattern of abuse by developmy.mobi, then we will be forced to take action to protect the community.

We are also working on new rules to ensure the Feedback System does a better job of reflecting the reality on the ground, such as prohibiting Developers from leaving retaliatory Negative Feedback against a client who has paid them.
thanks so much andres , i went months trying to resolve this issue , there are more members that i not saying due to there request to keep it private that have the same issue. but they are not saying anything.. so if you want me off the forum i will leave, i did not want to go this route believe me ..thanks again for addressing the issue.

coast
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I know the last few months have been exceptionally rough for Dave outside the forum in real life. I am quite sure that he will make every effort to complete work owed or give refunds.

I would hope that before a lynch mob forms, Dave can be given the opportunity to make it right, and to hire someone for client contact and remain on the forum. He's done a lot of things for a lot of people and I personally think the forum would be poorer for his loss.

This is a clear example of why every developer needs a partner who will handle the client communications and keep track of who is owed what and keep on top of things. There are virtual assistants who can do this kind of work for not a lot of money.

Last year I was approached to do this for a developer and had no idea why he wanted me to do it. Now I fully understand.

Tim
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
You don't need to hire out talking - it's not a tough skill. It's a matter of priorities. I agree Dave has done a lot of good here, but you can't discount what several members are saying either. Let's not draw up sides here. If the facts are presented a business decision will become evident - amiable resolution or not.

coast
11-12-2009, 05:50 PM
You don't need to hire out talking - it's not a tough skill. It's a matter of priorities. I agree Dave has done a lot of good here, but you can't discount what several members are saying either. Let's not draw up sides here. If the facts are presented a business decision will become evident - amiable resolution or not.

As always, Tim, I am looking to keep the peace and help prevent things like this in the future. :)

developmy.mobi
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Dear Mobility Members,

I am writing to apologize for any communications problems I have caused my clients. I run an honest business and never intended to rip anyone off.

The fact of the matter is that due to where I live, I do not always have a good internet connection. So, when people sent me pm's and I was offline, I didn't know it. It is very important that I keep your confidence, and so I have done the following:

1.) Effective within one week, I will have a dedicated cell phone number for mobility members and other online clients.

2.) Effective immediately, all mobility pm's are being forwarded to my email. I just learned how to do that.

3.) Also effective immediately, I have purchased a wifi anywhere card for increased uptime.

Next, to prove my apology is sincere, (a) I will either refund outstanding payments on uncompleted projects when funds are available or (b) keep payments already issued and complete the work, plus provide a similar site at 50% off, whichever the client chooses.

If I owe you money or a project, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for your business and again, I apologize if I have kept you waiting.

Also, any new clients will be required to sign a contract (both parties), and won't be required to pay until work is completed to their satisfaction.

Anyone involved, or concerned can email me directly at:

support @ developmy . mobi

Sincerely,
Dave
developmy.mobi

Tim
11-12-2009, 05:59 PM
That's the way to do it, Dave. Nice move. Rep+

rob
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Dave,
That is a good way forward which eliminates any miscomunication with project deliverables and clients.

Good luck moving forward :)

Rob

Andres Kello
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
thanks so much andres , i went months trying to resolve this issue , there are more members that i not saying due to there request to keep it private that have the same issue. but they are not saying anything.. so if you want me off the forum i will leave, i did not want to go this route believe me ..thanks again for addressing the issue.I don't ban members I don't like (or ask them to leave), I simply ignore them and don't do business with them. Feel free to stay, but don't expect to have any kind of relationship with me in the future. I still don't know about your accusations of developymy.mobi, but your accusations of me both here and on DNF were inexcusable and unwarranted, regardless of what actually happened between you and Dave. Having said that, I'm always glad to see things worked out between two Mobility members, and this is no exception.

Dear Mobility Members,

I am writing to apologize for any communications problems I have caused my clients. I run an honest business and never intended to rip anyone off.

The fact of the matter is that due to where I live, I do not always have a good internet connection. So, when people sent me pm's and I was offline, I didn't know it. It is very important that I keep your confidence, and so I have done the following:

1.) Effective within one week, I will have a dedicated cell phone number for mobility members and other online clients.

2.) Effective immediately, all mobility pm's are being forwarded to my email. I just learned how to do that.

3.) Also effective immediately, I have purchased a wifi anywhere card for increased uptime.

Next, to prove my apology is sincere, (a) I will either refund outstanding payments on uncompleted projects when funds are available or (b) keep payments already issued and complete the work, plus provide a similar site at 50% off, whichever the client chooses.

If I owe you money or a project, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for your business and again, I apologize if I have kept you waiting.

Also, any new clients will be required to sign a contract (both parties), and won't be required to pay until work is completed to their satisfaction.

Sincerely,
Dave
developmy.mobiWell done, Dave. Rep+

Reputation is everything in this business and I think you just did a helluva job repairing any doubts about yours.

On our side, we're going to be working with the Mod team to create new rules to avoid these kinds of misunderstandings in the future.

It's sometimes difficult to walk a flawless path, and this kind of course-correction is always healthy.

:thumbsup:

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Dear Mobility Members,

Sincerely,
Dave
developmy.mobi
well dave let get down to business..

gverdugo
11-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't ban members I don't like (or ask them to leave), I simply ignore them and don't do business with them. Feel free to stay, but don't expect to have any kind of relationship with me in the future. I still don't know about your accusations of developymy.mobi, but your accusations of me both here and on DNF were inexcusable and unwarranted, regardless of what actually happened between you and Dave. Having said that, I'm always glad to see things worked out between two Mobility members, and this is no exception.

Well done, Dave. Rep+

Reputation is everything in this business and I think you just did a helluva job repairing any doubts about yours.

On our side, we're going to be working with the Mod team to create new rules to avoid these kinds of misunderstandings in the future.

It's sometimes difficult to walk a flawless path, and this kind of course-correction is always healthy.

:thumbsup: :dancing:

gogo
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
thanks so much andres , i went months trying to resolve this issue , there are more members that i not saying due to there request to keep it private that have the same issue. but they are not saying anything.. so if you want me off the forum i will leave, i did not want to go this route believe me ..thanks again for addressing the issue.

Looks like a solution has been offered that everyone can live with. Best of luck putting it into practice. I agree with Tim the point is not to take sides but for the involved parties to find a solution.

For anyone that doesn't know, this has come up more than once before and for better or worse people have been reluctant to name names:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...hlight=excuses (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=30105&highlight=excuses)

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=20062&highlight=glowing+review)

gverdugo
11-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Looks like a solution has been offered that everyone can live with. Best of luck putting it into practice. I agree with Tim the point is not to take sides but for the involved parties to find a solution.

For anyone that doesn't know, this has come up more than once before and for better or worse people have been reluctant to name names:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...hlight=excuses (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=30105&highlight=excuses)

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=20062&highlight=glowing+review)
http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review[/QUOTE (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review[/QUOTE)] well gogo i have been crucifed for this and maybe black balled on this forum. from now on if people dont want to do business no more with me thats fine. BUT it's OK that i had to take it to this level , if i could post all the emails i got on my personal email you would have been blown away, there are a lot of unhappy people here that are scared of addressing the issue because they are afraid that some people here and im not going into names will black ball them, or they might get responses like " i do not want to do business with you no more" or "I think that is sensible investment.... without prejudice... this is turning into a very immature playground spat over a couple of marbles! :confused2:"or "but don't expect to have any kind of relationship with me in the future " end quote , and that's a problem that the big dogs will give a :thumbsup: to delevopmy and i end up with a black eye
for speaking out, good job dave for your new plan , i hope you come through with it , but saying and doing it are to things. im going to give my business to elance.com everything goes to escrow and all complaints by your word and and emails are taking care of . So lastly i want to say thanks who in your heart knew i was right , you have conviction and you are in right THANKS for your emails.

Tim
11-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Quit being so dramatic...it sounds like you took a gun to a knife fight and that made people question your credibility.

You can spend your money here just fine still. Just remember to COD. Now just settle down, wait for your refund from Dave and tell us when you've moved on so everyone here knows that Dave kept his word. That's all that needs to happen.

Let's lower the volume of the debate here.

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review[/QUOTE (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...glowing+review%5B/QUOTE)] well gogo i have been crucifed for this and maybe black balled on this forum. from now on if people dont want to do business no more with me thats fine. BUT it's OK that i had to take it to this level , if i could post all the emails i got on my personal email you would have been blown away, there are a lot of unhappy people here that are scared of addressing the issue because they are afraid that some people here and im not going into names will black ball them, or they might get responses like " i do not want to do business with you no more" or "I think that is sensible investment.... without prejudice... this is turning into a very immature playground spat over a couple of marbles! :confused2:"or "but don't expect to have any kind of relationship with me in the future " end quote , and that's a problem that the big dogs will give a :thumbsup: to delevopmy and i end up with a black eye
for speaking out, good job dave for your new plan , i hope you come through with it , but saying and doing it are to things. im going to give my business to elance.com everything goes to escrow and all complaints by your word and and emails are taking care of . So lastly i want to say thanks who in your heart knew i was right , you have conviction and you are in right THANKS for your emails.

tophatter
11-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Dave, I hope you are sincere with the statement you have made because you are a very talented individual.
I want you to remember one thing , "a person's reputation is worth the weight of gold "& you could be the Best Developer in the world but once your reputation is tarnished all that goes out the door.

I will be one of the members here who will hope you do the right thing as I also will be waiting patiently for the follow through.

Good Luck & Have a Nice Day!!

Dear Mobility Members,

Sincerely,
Dave
developmy.mobi

MyWebSearches
11-14-2009, 06:14 AM
This forum has had a few members with developers not living to up to their word. I find it hard to believe that a customer will come and open a thread just because she/he wants to make false accusation.

I have never done business with developmy.mobi, but I would like for developmy.mobi to make a public statement if he have ever done anything of what he has been accused of. If he has done these things, there is nothing wrong to start on the right path.

As it is right now some are on developmy.mobi side and others on gverdugo side. One person must be lying or there is a big comunication problems that could not be fix in a reasonable time.

But it would be nice to read that both of you are happy with the final outcome so we can move on and do business with any one of you in the future.

To me ONE true accusation would mean a lot more than 100,000 positive rating from other customers.

I must say this is one my favorite forum, I used to be a very active member at Dp but I left because it became an unpleasant place to speak up mind. Most of you know or can read my post that I like to discuss and share my ideas. But sometimes I have written unpopular views regarding .mobi and a few members took issues on something that I thought it was "constructive".

I know that most of the active members here are very friendly and helpful, but if you desagree with someone why not give that person the benefit of doubt? specially when there are two unhappy customers.

Let's have MAJORITY rule with minority RIGHT

coast
11-14-2009, 04:44 PM
In case anyone does not know this about me, if I back someone up in public you can be d*mn sure I am letting them know they had better take care of their customers in private. I don't think that is taking sides. Ask any developer on this forum what I do if people complain about paying and not getting their work. Just because I won't call them out in public, please make no mistake -- even though this is an unpaid position, I consider my number one client to be mobility, and that means keeping people accountable behind the scenes when necessary and if they are open to it. So far, most people have been open to me suggesting very strongly to fix things when people complain, even if I don't talk to the person doing the complaining. I hope that clarifies things a bit for everyone.

capt. ahab
11-14-2009, 05:40 PM
In case anyone does not know this about me, if I back someone up in public you can be d*mn sure I am letting them know they had better take care of their customers in private. I don't think that is taking sides. Ask any developer on this forum what I do if people complain about paying and not getting their work. Just because I won't call them out in public, please make no mistake -- even though this is an unpaid position, I consider my number one client to be mobility, and that means keeping people accountable behind the scenes when necessary and if they are open to it. So far, most people have been open to me suggesting very strongly to fix things when people complain, even if I don't talk to the person doing the complaining. I hope that clarifies things a bit for everyone.

That's why we love ya Coasty.:adore:

proton
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
but nonetheless wish to express my experience with Dave has been nothing short of exceptional. I won't beat an already dead horse. There are always two sides to every story, and Dave's solution (and resolutions) demonstrate a customer-focused approach. Well done.

gverdugo
04-13-2010, 01:10 AM
hey dave where are you????? is renta almost done???

gverdugo
04-16-2010, 01:37 AM
HEY DAVE HAVE YOU FINISHED RENTA??????????????

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
OK I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE , I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT HIM THROUGH EMAIL , PHONE CALLS , AND HERE ON MOBILITY. I DONT KNOW WHY HE IS NOT RESPONDING AND I WONDER IF HE EVER RESOLVED EVERYBODY ELSE'S ISSUES.. THIS IS NOT COOL . I KNOW ME AND HIM HAVE GOING BACK AND FORTH ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF RENTA.MOBI . iTS ALMOST HAS BEEN 9 MONTHS NOW WITH NO FINISHED PRODUCT. I DONT KNOW WHY DEVELOPMY DOES THIS??? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ON HERE WERE MAD AT ME FOR SPEAKING UP WHEN I TRIED TO SETTLE THIS ISSUE LAST YEAR , ALL I KNOW IM OUT OF 350.00 U.S.D BECAUSE I POSTED THAT I NEEDED MY MOBI SITE DEVELOPED, THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILTY ON THIS FORUM , I HAVE POSTED THE LAST 2 DAYS WITH NO mods IN SIGHT:( I EVEN POSTED ON THE CHAT ROOM LOOKING FOR DEVELOPMY WITH NO RESPONSE. SO IF ANYBODY COULD HELP ME LOCATE DAVE FOR DEVELOPMY IT WILL BE VERY WELL APPRECIATE ANY HELP. THANKS GVERDUGO

andymoore
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Why should the forum be accountable?

You the one who hired someone without due dilligrence so why should the forum be accountable for that?

SHOUOTING ALL THE WAY THROUGH A POST IS SHOUTING AND MAKES FOR HARD READING.

Just cos Dave screwed you don't shout at us.

$350 is a little to lose. I'd suggest you deal with it and move on. There are folks here who' ve lost much more on .mobi names and I don't hear them cry like girls about it.

</harshreality>

Scandiman
04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
ALL I KNOW IM OUT OF 350.00 U.S.D BECAUSE I POSTED THAT I NEEDED MY MOBI SITE DEVELOPED

Actually you're out the money because a developer hasn't delivered on a promise and you were gullible enough to think a quality site could be had for $350. A few things I learned a long time ago are that there are two sides to a story and that you get what you pay for. I'm not aware of the specifications of your site, but I don't know any serious developer who would touch a serious project for $350, and expecting a quality site development for $350 is completely unrealistic.

THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILTY ON THIS FORUM , I HAVE POSTED THE LAST 2 DAYS WITH NO mods IN SIGHT:(

There used to be some accountability prior to the upgrade in the form of trader ratings, but regrettably that is now gone and only Andres can comment if it will ever return.

But beyond that I'm not sure what you are hoping the mods would do for you...they can't retrieve your payment or mediate the situation, they are volunteers who were not a party to your business dealings. So any issues you may have with the forum should be directed to Andres specifically, and in this situation I would say the same applies as the mods, Andres has no authority to retrieve your payment, isn't a mediator, nor was he a party to your business dealings with DMM.

I sympathize for you in this situation but this is a harsh lesson learned a lot cheaper than it has cost others. You can wait another 9 months waiting to get water from a rock, or you can move on to the more important matter of developing your project in another manner.

coast
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Scandiman is correct, we are not mediators. I did look at renta.mobi, I see that it is not developed, and I don't see an answer from the developer. The most I can do as a moderator is issue a temporary ban, but then he won't be able to answer your post. Andres is the forum owner here, I suggest you pm him and let him make the decision on what to do next.

It is also true that there are two sides to every story. Did you provide the developer with all the information he needed? Is he waiting for anything from you? I recall some heated exchanges a few months ago, so please also ask if you did everything you needed to do to get the site developed, too. If you did, and he isn't waiting for anything, then I'd say Andres ought to talk to him and get his side of the story before taking measures to remove the developer from the forum.

andymoore
04-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Escrow is the way to go.

Good luck with elance.

coast
04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I HAVE POSTED THE LAST 2 DAYS WITH NO mods IN SIGHT

Moderators do not read every single post, and we cannot see chat from mobile phones. In the future, to alert a moderator, please click on the "alert" button below your post. It has a triangle with an exclamation point in it. You may flag your own post and make a short note to let the moderators know what you want done.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Why should the forum be accountable?

You the one who hired someone without due dilligrence so why should the forum be accountable for that?

SHOUOTING ALL THE WAY THROUGH A POST IS SHOUTING AND MAKES FOR HARD READING.

Just cos Dave screwed you don't shout at us.

$350 is a little to lose. I'd suggest you deal with it and move on. There are folks here who' ve lost much more on .mobi names and I don't hear them cry like girls about it.

</harshreality> well andy its not about cryin about this little buddy, but when youi have someone ask you for money for a project AND THEY DONT COME THROUGH I THINK THIS IS B.S , Plus its on the development on the domain ,not in losing a mobi.... so what your are saying is let anybody and everybody jus screw who ever they want and no big deal!!! RIGHT?? I THINK YOUR STATEMENT IS OF BIG TIME IGNORANCE LITTLE BUDDY , it shouldnt be that a developer here on this forum should be able to screw people for small amounts of money , you add that to a lot of people and thats a lot of money period..... well i learned a BIG lesson here , never do business with and developers here on this forum.. I believe in your word is everything and your when you say that you can do something and cant do it, just refund the money .... THIS JUST SHOWS ME THAT DEVELOPMY.MOBI HAS NO BUSINESS INTEGERTY.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Actually you're out the money because a developer hasn't delivered on a promise and you were gullible enough to think a quality site could be had for $350. A few things I learned a long time ago are that there are two sides to a story and that you get what you pay for. I'm not aware of the specifications of your site, but I don't know any serious developer who would touch a serious project for $350, and expecting a quality site development for $350 is completely unrealistic.

There used to be some accountability prior to the upgrade in the form of trader ratings, but regrettably that is now gone and only Andres can comment if it will ever return.

But beyond that I'm not sure what you are hoping the mods would do for you...they can't retrieve your payment or mediate the situation, they are volunteers who were not a party to your business dealings. So any issues you may have with the forum should be directed to Andres specifically, and in this situation I would say the same applies as the mods, Andres has no authority to retrieve your payment, isn't a mediator, nor was he a party to your business dealings with DMM.

I sympathize for you in this situation but this is a harsh lesson learned a lot cheaper than it has cost others. You can wait another 9 months waiting to get water from a rock, or you can move on to the more important matter of developing your project in another manner.
OK scandi im gulliable. To believe that if you cant do the job , JUST REFUND THE MONEY!!!! why does someone earn a paycheck for doing nothing , just refund keep your integerty , my integerty is everything to me without that, you are screwwed.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Dear Mobility Members,

Sincerely,
Dave
developmy.mobi THIS WAS NOTHING BUT BULLS*IT PERIOD.

Scandiman
04-17-2010, 03:46 PM
OK scandi im gulliable. To believe that if you cant do the job , JUST REFUND THE MONEY!!!!

DMM clearly posted that if you want a refund it will be refunded. Did you wait until now to ask for a refund or was that the decision you made last year and the refund has not happened since then?

why does someone earn a paycheck for doing nothing...

This is EXACTLY my point about many govt social programs, except my money is taken by force, but I digress...

, just refund keep your integerty , my integerty is everything to me without that, you are screwwed.

I suspect integrity is lost at this point regardless of the outcome. I understand the desire to get your money back, but if that's your priority then your site will go nowhere for another 9 months. If your site is your priority then lick your wounds and move on.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
DMM clearly posted that if you want a refund it will be refunded. Did you wait until now to ask for a refund or was that the decision you made last year and the refund has not happened since then?

This is EXACTLY my point about many govt social programs, except my money is taken by force, but I digress...

I suspect integrity is lost at this point regardless of the outcome. I understand the desire to get your money back, but if that's your priority then your site will go nowhere for another 9 months. If your site is your priority then lick your wounds and move on. Well scandiman i told dave i wanted a refund last year and then he told me he would finish the site, and we were in communication back and forth and evrything was cool until the last contact i had with him was in feb 2010, i guess i got suckerd again. and Yes i will move on but its weird to me that NO ONE has said anything about dave in this issue !!!! almost every comment is to just shut me up or belittle the situation, I GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO SPEAK AGAINST DEVELOPMY, for whatever reason , Nobody has told dave nothing !!!!! LETS JUST DEVELOPMY JUST KEEP RUNNING THIS FORUM AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND EVERYBODY AGREEING WITH HIM.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Hello Andres my situation with developmy has not been resoved , can you help???? thanks Gverdugo

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Dave, I hope you are sincere with the statement you have made because you are a very talented individual.
I want you to remember one thing , "a person's reputation is worth the weight of gold "& you could be the Best Developer in the world but once your reputation is tarnished all that goes out the door.

I will be one of the members here who will hope you do the right thing as I also will be waiting patiently for the follow through.

Good Luck & Have a Nice Day!! Hey Topp has dave resolved your issue yet?????

Scandiman
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Well scandiman i told dave i wanted a refund last year and then he told me he would finish the site, and we were in communication back and forth and evrything was cool until the last contact i had with him was in feb 2010, i guess i got suckerd again. and Yes i will move on but its weird to me that NO ONE has said anything about dave in this issue !!!! almost every comment is to just shut me up or belittle the situation, I GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO SPEAK AGAINST DEVELOPMY, for whatever reason , Nobody has told dave nothing !!!!! LETS JUST DEVELOPMY JUST KEEP RUNNING THIS FORUM AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND EVERYBODY AGREEING WITH HIM.

I have no fear about speaking out against someone, what I'm not going to do is pick sides when I know I don't have the full story. I wasn't a party to your business dealings with Dave so I can't comment on that. But I can comment that a refund was publicly offered by Dave, and apparently requested by you yet not delivered. If it went down that way then that is wrong and you're entitled to get your money back. But there is nothing I or a mod or Andres can do to make that happen. We don't tell Dave what to do any more than Dave or the mods or Andres tells me what to do.

I fully support your right to air this laundry, if Dave hopes to grow his business he will need to clear this up.

Andres Kello
04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello Andres my situation with developmy has not been resoved , can you help???? thanks GverdugoI have asked Dave for his side of the story. Keep in mind that he has not posted at Mobility in 6 months and hadn't logged in for a couple of months until yesterday.

As soon as I hear back from him, I will make a decision and let you know.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I have asked Dave for his side of the story. Keep in mind that he has not posted at Mobility in 6 months and hadn't logged in for a couple of months until yesterday.

As soon as I hear back from him, I will make a decision and let you know. Thanks Andres...

developmy.mobi
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
George, Do you actually read the messages I send you? And also, if your going to post all of this crap, dont call my phone and try to act so gingerly about it. I'm very busy, working monday through saturday at a full time web job now. I dont have time to be on here, I logged in and had 20 something messages. Apparently the email notifier doesn't work either. Check your PM.

developmy.mobi
04-17-2010, 11:01 PM
And why are you still offering me money to add more to this site? I'll gladly give you the files and call it a day. Take your files and move on. There are other developers out there. Email me and address to email them to. Thanks.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 11:36 PM
George, Do you actually read the messages I send you? And also, if your going to post all of this crap, dont call my phone and try to act so gingerly about it. I'm very busy, working monday through saturday at a full time web job now. I dont have time to be on here, I logged in and had 20 something messages. Apparently the email notifier doesn't work either. Check your PM. this is the last time i heard from you:
"02-13-2010 04:10 PM" ***********
<LI id=post_ class="postbitlegacy postbitim postcontainer">
developmy.mobi (http://mobility.mobi/member.php?151-developmy.mobi)

http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/profile.png View Profile (http://mobility.mobi/member.php?151-developmy.mobi)

http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/forum.png View Forum Posts (http://mobility.mobi/search.php?do=finduser&userid=151&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)
http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/message.png Private Message (http://mobility.mobi/private.php?do=newpm&u=151)
http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/blog.png View Blog Entries (http://mobility.mobi/blog.php?u=151)
http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/homepage.png Visit Homepage (http://dvw.mobi/)
http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/article.png View Articles (http://mobility.mobi/list.php/author/151-developmy.mobi)
http://mobility.mobi/images/site_icons/add.png Add as Contact (http://mobility.mobi/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=buddy&u=151)

http://mobility.mobi/images/statusicon/user-offline.png
Senior Member http://mobility.mobi/images/ranks/motm.gifhttp://mobility.mobi/images/ranks/dev.gif http://mobility.mobi/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://mobility.mobi/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://mobility.mobi/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://mobility.mobi/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://mobility.mobi/image.php?u=151&dateline=1258034968 (http://mobility.mobi/member.php?151-developmy.mobi)
Join DateAug 2007LocationWestern MassPosts1,070

http://mobility.mobi/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: renta

The 50% off was for the added services. I'll cut you off $100, so when it's finished it'll only be $100.

This is the last time i heard from you dave feb 13 2010 that more than 2 months ago. so i dont know what you are talking about.

gverdugo
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM
And why are you still offering me money to add more to this site? I'll gladly give you the files and call it a day. Take your files and move on. There are other developers out there. Email me and address to email them to. Thanks. well yea !!! you told me what you charged me for the site minus 50% off so yes i did to get the dam thing done , all you were to do is connect to the CL feeds for every state. you never fininshed it. Look dave just refund my money if you dont want to, thats on you. this has been on going for 9 months now with no remedy i tried of trying to connect with you on this forum with no response for month's. YOU have my money now and either do the right thing or tarnish your image. Im sorry to andres for dragging him into this that was a big mistake on my part. I want the files for homeplate.mobi with the cpanel info and the rest of renta.mobi . DONE !!!!