PDA

View Full Version : Sedo Parking - Losing out on CT's from PC's?

Mobitunist
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I have just been informed by Sedo that a payment of 20 Euros is due to me! :adore:

This comes after I have parked many .mobi domains at Sedo since April 2008 and I now have almost 400 listed with Sedo. Wow, what a return on my investment! I am sure that even my wife will buy this ....

Needless to say, I am getting some unique visitors, but a very low CTR. If I access a mobi site parked at Sedo from my PC, i see a mobi compliant page, which is great for mobile visitors, but not for PC visitors.

My question is this: Are we not losing out on PC CTR's because the site is displayed in "mobi format"? I just had a look at www.neighborhood.mobi (http://www.neighborhood.mobi) to see what happens there after I recently regged the British spelling version of it. This made me think that if I had parked at Smartname for eg, maybe I would have earned more PPC money than the occasional 0.02 cents at Sedo.

My key objective of parking at Sedo is to have it available for end-users to make offers and guess this is the same objective as many other members here.

If www.mobilty.mobi (http://www.mobilty.mobi) is displayed as proper PC site, why can't Sedo do the same?

Looking forward to views and comments from other members. And ideas of where to park mobi's and earn a bit more money. I have a couple non-mobi's parked at WhyPark?

PS I am also not sure to tell where my traffic (PC or Mobile) comes from on Sedo?

gogo
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Good point. Sedo could very easily automatically serve up a full PC parking page to PCs and then they would make more money. Do they rneed someone to suggest this to them? Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

check this out http://mobisitetrader.com/

Mobitunist
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Would be interesting to hear if other member also share this view? Or do we think that a .mobi as full PC page is a bad thing for the cause?

I have dealt with some brokers at Sedo, but guess one needs to take suggestion to the top.

blitzpotz
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I mailed to my SEDO consultant. Told her of the possibility to create a PC and a mobile site with one mobi and that the correct variant will automatically be accessed by the terminal. Told her of the real chance to improve earnings for client and SEDO.
Her answer:
- The style of the parking websites matches the mTLD requirements. (Ok, but there is no requirement not to build a parallel PC site.)
- SEDO isnīt able to recognize if the click comes from a PC or a mobile phone. (No comment ...)

I have to add that this woman is very busy and helpful everytimes.

I invited her to post into this thread and discuss the item but she said not to be competent for that. She wants to inform the dot.mobi project manager. Ok, I will ask her about his response in a few days.

blitzpotz
02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I have just been informed by Sedo that a payment of 20 Euros is due to me! :adore:An addition: Last night I received my first click with more than $1,- on a mobi site at SEDO. 1,03 € = $1,30 (housesale.mobi). :adore:

gogo
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Would be interesting to hear if other member also share this view? Or do we think that a .mobi as full PC page is a bad thing for the cause?

It could be a bad thing if people assumed that either Sedo was breaking the mobi rules or that the site wouldn't work on a phone.

Technically, Sedo could set this up in a matter of minutes and if on the pc and mobi pages they have a link (as some sites do) saying "see pc version" or "see mobile version" the public will see for themselves that the pages suit the device.

To follow up - and help their sales - Sedo could have a link to a brief page explaining that mobi is amphibious ie gets the best of both worlds. IMO mobi sales will be boosted when more people realise that they can get a great keyword at a modest price, set up a full PC site on it, AND have a huge advantage in search and recognition on the mobile web. Win - Win.

newton
02-16-2009, 11:59 PM
- SEDO isnīt able to recognize if the click comes from a PC or a mobile phone.

Oh dear ..