PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive's sorry excuse for RPC

Dave
08-20-2007, 04:19 AM
I've received more clicks this month than any previous at NameDrive (13 clicks), but it's only added up to a big ol' 33 cents. That is lousy...

It would be sweeet if a place like Bodis offered a nice .mobi lander.

Scandiman
08-20-2007, 04:26 AM
I've received more clicks this month than any previous at NameDrive (13 clicks), but it's only added up to a big ol' 33 cents. That is lousy...

It would be sweeet if a place like Bodis offered a nice .mobi lander.
Boy is that the truth. Just checked my ND and the views are WAY down except for 2 names that have skyrocketed, CampusAlert(s).mobi 50/55 views respectively (sure would like to know why specifically) but zero clicks all around. Sedo is outperforming on the views but only a 3 clicks on mobi names. A Bodis type system for .mobi would be awesome, especially considering some of the great keyword domains many of us possess.

Dave
08-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Just checked my ND and the views are WAY down except for 2 names that have skyrocketed, CampusAlert(s).mobi 50/55 views respectively (sure would like to know why specifically)...

Weird...I'm having exactly the same situation: while all my other .mobi names at NameDrive are still in single digits this month, two of them have "skyrocketed" as well: TubeStation(s).mobi, with 77 and 70 views respectively. And I sure would like to know why too! :hmmmm2:

coast
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Weird...I'm having exactly the same situation: while all my other .mobi names at NameDrive are still in single digits this month, two of them have "skyrocketed" as well: TubeStation(s).mobi, with 77 and 70 views respectively. And I sure would like to know why too! :hmmmm2:

I have the same thing with some of my non-.mobi names. I was thinking of unparking them, giving them a header with google analytics, and then making my own subcategories on them just to see who clicks on what. When I know the answer to that, I can re-park them with better keywords or keep them where they are and change the links to affiliate hoplinks.

That's a little ambitious for me right now but if you have less on your plate and are curious that might be a good way to go.

Work In Progress
08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Something weird sure seems to be going on alright.
Again, no rhyme nor reason as to why one of my names is now at 80 views (and 0 clicks) while the remainder are single digit views(mostly, 3, a couple of 4's and one 5 6 ). :dontknow:

It's as if they've unleashed a bot on 1 name (baptize) and skipped the others. From what I'm seeing from others, I'm not alone.

I do have 6 clicks (equaling $.72) :dancing:

Just inspires me to keep on developing

Dave
08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Something weird sure seems to be going on alright.
Again, no rhyme nor reason as to why one of my names is now at 80 views (and 0 clicks) while the remainder are single digit views(mostly, 3, a couple of 4's and one 5 6 ). :dontknow:

It's as if they've unleashed a bot on 1 name (baptize) and skipped the others. From what I'm seeing from others, I'm not alone.

I do have 6 clicks (equaling $.72) :dancing:

Just inspires me to keep on developing
Yeah, I'm now up to 104/86 on those two names I mentioned above...but unfortunately, still no clicks on them, even though I've since optimized the keywords to take advantage of the new traffic. Makes me wonder whether it's real people or not.

texasgamer
08-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I am so sick of parking companies ripping domainers off. I think if people knew how much they were sucking from us, they would revolt. I moved all of my non-mobi names to Bodis, and have not regretted it since. I wish there was someone else besides ND and Sedo for mobi parking. I do not have the ways or means to develop all of my mobi names. But I am working on it. When the day comes, that I can finally rid my life of NameDrive once and for all, I will drink a bottle of champagne, flip my middle finger at them, and call it good riddance.

Work In Progress
08-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I am so sick of parking companies ripping domainers off. I think if people knew how much they were sucking from us, they would revolt. I moved all of my non-mobi names to Bodis, and have not regretted it since. I wish there was someone else besides ND and Sedo for mobi parking. I do not have the ways or means to develop all of my mobi names. But I am working on it. When the day comes, that I can finally rid my life of NameDrive once and for all, I will drink a bottle of champagne, flip my middle finger at them, and call it good riddance.
Yeah...have to agree. I don't have much love for parking. I'd rather see a service like whypark or 1plus for mobi's myself. I just love what adsense is doing for me at 1plus on my other domains. :coo2l: If I had the expertize, I would jump all over this. But, alas....I don't and we FIRST have to wait for mobi compliant adsense anyway. I'm looking forward to that day. :biggrin: