Thread: facebook.mobi

Default facebook.mobi

so i knew thay had it, that it wasn't developed and been on my list of people to contact.

well i typed facebook.mobi and lo and behold i was brought to my fb homepage.

yes they have the mobile app for smart phones and lower stage devices, but perhaps people will learn of facebook.mobi in some capacity? by press release?

It's a step in the right direction.

one step from goliath is a giant leap for mobikind

http://facebook.mobi/

put that sucker up on the list mr. K
    http://why.mobi/brands.php
    Last edited by TLD; 02-17-2009 at 05:14 AM.

I'll be more impressed once I see Facebook.mobi being advertised hehe...

But this is of course good to know that anyone who tries Facebook.mobi will actually be sent somewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by Egnited View Post
    I'll be more impressed once I see Facebook.mobi being advertised hehe...

But this is of course good to know that anyone who tries Facebook.mobi will actually be sent somewhere now.
    I recently had a meeting with Marketwire, I will see what i can do

everyone's sleeping?

Paul,

Thanks for pointing out the FaceBook.mobi activation.

Lets remind all the restless naysayers that neither MySpace, YouTube nor FaceBook have active sites at MySpace.net,MySpace.info, YouTube.net, YouTube.info FaceBook.net, or Facebook.info.

I like the direction dotMobi is travelling.

-Michael

Valid points there Michael:-)

Pred

doesn't resolve anymore

this i don't get
    so ok, don't use, but why stop the redirect

if someone gets them to fix, a r1mming will be in order

It will be the state of happiness for me to see the Facebook.mobi being advertised

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    doesn't resolve anymore

this i don't get
    so ok, don't use, but why stop the redirect

if someone gets them to fix, a r1mming will be in order

Tim's "Pi55 meet wind" quip and various others including "water, uphill & pushing" would be apt enough.... I'm afraid the train has left the station and I now believe that my 20 or so .CO domains are of more value that the 1,000's of .mobi domains that I once owned...

I think the critical mass of developed domains in existence prior to .mobi and the availability of auto-detect software was simply too much of a challenge.... maybe it could have been different, but that would have taken $millions in advertising - which was never made available... a lost opportunity maybe but almost certainly one that won't get a second chance!

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    I think the critical mass of developed domains in existence prior to .mobi and the availability of auto-detect software was simply too much of a challenge.... maybe it could have been different, but that would have taken $millions in advertising - which was never made available... a lost opportunity maybe but almost certainly one that won't get a second chance!
    ND you have a lot to learn about social media. This could change overnight if the will were there by Afilias. All it would take would be a few well-placed advocates and an appeal to end users. That has not and will not happen with the current strategy of no marketing dollars (which is really a non-issue because interns would do it for free for college credit* here in the States) and Business to Business (B2B) emphasis.

With even a fraction of a typical company's marketing budget spent on properly evaluated advertising channels, we could see it trending on twitter and facebook directly from the "people" and not top-down. Read Meatball Sundae from Seth Godin, it's a bit dated but a lot of it is in there. If you want any more, you'll have to hire me

I am not pointing fingers because I don't know who sets strategy, but it seems to me the quickest way to get domain names sold is to get individuals -- not companies -- excited about them. At $14.99 a pop, you don't need a purchase order and the decision costs less than what you and your date will have for lunch.

That is now and has for three years been my stand on the matter.

*Think I'm joking? I'm not. Had I decided to move forward with my tech blog this summer, I had 4 interns and a professor ready to get started.
    Last edited by coast; 01-09-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Mobility Regular

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    ND you have a lot to learn about social media. This could change overnight if the will were there by Afilias. All it would take would be a few well-placed advocates and an appeal to end users. That has not and will not happen with the current strategy of no marketing dollars (which is really a non-issue because interns would do it for free for college credit* here in the States) and Business to Business (B2B) emphasis.

With even a fraction of a typical company's marketing budget spent on properly evaluated advertising channels, we could see it trending on twitter and facebook directly from the "people" and not top-down. Read Meatball Sundae from Seth Godin, it's a bit dated but a lot of it is in there. If you want any more, you'll have to hire me
    Mtld did the usual thing when it comes to social media...get a facebook page, get a twitter ID etc. But they didn't leverage these assets or do anything creative, engaging, viral.

Every couple of months I see a blog post somewhere on how to mobilize your site, dotmobi is seldom mentioned.

I would be curious to hear from Vance: What is the strategy to boost awareness of the TLD?

Previously they say they were targeting small companies, although no specifics were given. Maybe goMobi was their secret weapon?

I didn't ever understand the strategy of going after the small companies. Sure if you have an army of devout followers you can build a grassroots movement, but they don't have that. So for me what makes more sense is to actively go after the big fish and the new tech startups, a few facebook.mobis flickr.mobis or other startups being actively marketed, is IMO far more effective.