PDA

View Full Version : pcb.mobi $4,995 Plains Capital Bank

Pred
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Today on sedo reported sales section on sedo homepage

pcb.mobi $4,995

whois: Plains Capital Bank

their com site: http://plainscapitalbank.com (http://plainscapitalbank.com/)

watch this space: pcb.mobi :coo2l:

noonoo1
04-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Rep big boy!

HipHop.mobi
04-08-2008, 06:23 AM
thats a clean transaction, they can do the clean write ***. after not buying it during sunrise for 10 bucks!

You repped again pred

newdomainer
04-08-2008, 08:39 AM
OOOh I like that.... I have a couple of acronyms for banks & multinationals... Anyone know how the sale was handled?

(i.e. did the bank approach the owner or was the name put up for sale?)

I only ask because I have school fees to pay! ;(

photoman
04-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Bang! another bank gone .mobi- anyone else!!!
oh.. and you're repped pred!..

Pred
04-08-2008, 08:50 AM
OOOh I like that.... I have a couple of acronyms for banks & multinationals... Anyone know how the sale was handled?

(i.e. did the bank approach the owner or was the name put up for sale?)

I only ask because I have school fees to pay! ;(

no-one knows who the seller was yet, but is a domainer somewhere as was sold on sedo, so unless they sold privately and used sedo for escrow which i doubt very much, it was just listed for sale on sedo

the price is strange at 4.995

my gut feeling is this was listed at a buy it now price on sedo. im guessing no bidding took place, they just went straight in and bought. no evidence, just gut feeling

lesson there. if you're not worlds best negotiator and you think you may bottle it or send to auction foolishly on 400 say, then set reasonable prices , low-mid xxxx as the buy it now on sedo and let people nail at will .
not having any prices set often puts many buyers ***, including domainers

oh.. and you're repped pred!..

music.mobi to my ears

namelot
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Wonderful news for mobi. Looking forward to seeing the site in due course.

namelot
04-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Wonderful news for mobi. Looking forward to seeing the site in due course.

MOB1
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Nice post Pred - great to see banking going .mobi.

I didn't see this .mobi in the Sedo auctions over the past few days, so I think it was a 'buy now' purchase. Good news all round.

Rep.

photoman
04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
make no mistake ppl, big banks/big companies are now after their acronyms as they can see value in mobile banking. Lets see which other ones hop onboard eh!

noonoo1
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe i should put BofE, BofS and BofW up for sale, it would be nice if they followed BofA initiative.

Well for me that is!

acc
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Pred gets double rep for getting most of it right.

When they ended up at SEDO (parked name), the buyer took the initiative and smartly SECURED an easy to remember and very inviting front door for their mobile web based business segment. I wish PCB the best and look forward to see their new .mobi in use.

I am happy with it - another successful Sedo listing with a very quick, smooth transaction. Experiences with SEDO can be very good especially when the buyer pays in a timely fashion. It takes good communication with the account rep and quick responses to required actions by both parties. Ends result = smooth transaction. And pred was also right that including a price on the listing can be a plus to getting serious and fair ***ers.

Go .mobi.

coast
04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Woof Woof - double rep for the rep hound, once for the eagle eye and the other for the pricing advice.

TLD
04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
pcb, rep+

music.mobi to my ears

:thumbsup:

Pred
04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm feeling the love :coo2l:

It's a given now the continuing momentum of the banking sector adopting mobi :adore:

My prediction is next up property, ie. estate agents etc. will follow suit. Inside 18 months, in numbers