PDA

View Full Version : Can u do something similar?

Pred
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Someone came across this other day:

www.mogg.mobi

I would like something similar. Am after a vid , social networking thang.
Like design of this and gets a 5/5

Full blown on pc and cool on mobile too a must

If you can do this pm me................

Pred

Wedge
03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I would start the bidding at $50,000 USD ... so... are you certain you want to compete with such an established service which has obviously had a great deal of time, expertise and money invested in it?

Pred
03-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I would start the bidding at $50,000 USD ... so... are you certain you want to compete with such an established service which has obviously had a great deal of time, expertise and money invested in it?

LOL
are you talking about the site i quoted or something else?

Page rank 1 Alexa rank 10 million+ :biggrin:

It's a nice site, but that's all.

Plus most of us are entrepreneurs on here, i'll take on anyone. This is exactly the platform mobi gives us, its a fresh start, we CAN take on anyone, we gotta clear run, but we gotta start now.

Okay, onto the original post, anyone?

Wedge
03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
You've... just dismissed me? I see.

The website you've shown us as an example has had more than just 'sweat equity' invested into it. Please don't lecture me about how the web allows us all to create; I have successfully launched a charity thank you, and we're in our sixth year, all thanks to 'sweat equity' and the opportunities of the web - I know how to create something from nothing.

But there are limits, and the website you've shown us has had some considerable time and money spent on it, if you think it was made for free in people's bedrooms then that is your opinion, but please don't dismiss mine.

Pred
03-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi wedge,
i ahven't dismissed you. Read what you wrote and what i wrote.
I correct you on it being established by showing you its pr and alexa which CLEARLY show it isnt.
Also look what i ask for.

If you are seriously asking $50k to develop a site???? :confused2:
If u are, yes i am dismissing you!

I too run a registered charity so do not assume things about people, and i try not to either.
Kudos to you for being involved in charity work, but you are taking this thread in a bizarre direction.
I ewant a developer or someone who can do a job for me at a reasonable ocst.
I will show what is possible in a few months for a very reasonable cost, trust me.
I can develop basic sites myself quite easily.

Now this thread is for people who think they can develop something similar to the site i mentioned, just something that gives a similar feel as i like it, at a resasonable cost.

Ok?

Wedge
03-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I meant only to suggest that the example site may well cost around $50k and that to develop a site of a similar sort might well take some capital investment, I was not putting forward a quote for development. I do not think that it is bizarre to discuss perceived worth of a site. Thank you for replying to me, and I shall leave your thread to matters that you prefer talking about. Ciao.

Pred
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
No worries dude
we're all brothers (and sisters) here :coo2l:

MrMobi
03-10-2008, 12:28 PM
well this is a great place for my 2cents, unless someone objects to my jargon..Wedge i can spell .mobi as you, but Pred is a Jedi Knight...i for 1 dont know exact costs for dev, but im leaning toward Pred on this one cost wise as i understand it(without knowing the complexities involved, 50k just seems way out there...whats this include? Also u said Quote"I know how to create something from nothing" I believe that in itself isn't true or possible, for creation in itself is to create...it is in fact to have nothing, then have something materialize(stuff, matter) by definition, so what you said contradicts itself.
So you design sites? You visualize it? design,then Dev it?.....and if u can build a site like that then maybe you might like to clarify where the costs are and whats involved more. Help us see IT the way you see IT, give us your humble opinion please, cost wise where the $50k would go, as i too have many names relating eg storevideo.mobi STOREVIDEOS.MOBI
STOREVIDS.MOBI etc and i have a .com webmaster who seems to think xhtml is even easier and cheaper to develop. I"de love to know why and what it entails, articulating.mobi and more.
Ps Pred pm sent.

developmy.mobi
03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Not sure how they use videos on phone/website.. Maybe for the website they are .flv files and 3gp files for the phone?

If you can find more details on which file formats they use, I may be interested.

Thanks,
DMM

Pred
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
well, its got a full blown com site, scripts for that sort of thing are ten a penny.
only tricky bit is getting the 5/5 for the separate, al important mobi site

i checked out the whois beofre, the guy owns only that domain, there is no online marketing, no alexa rank to speak of or pr to speak of, my guess is its someone quite talented doing it out a back bedroom , yup tbh

it may even be a modified script
question is where did he get it?

i originally asked for a pm lol in my first post and that got ignored, but i guess we are all after same answer. if we all have one of these lol it can only help the 'eco system' :biggrin:

i'll let 'y'all' :biggrin: know how i get on.
if anyone can do the mobile site by adaptation, economicaly :biggrin:, pm me

Scandiman
03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Not sure but I think our very own rob is doing some stuff with vids and mobi's.

Pred
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Not sure but I think our very own rob is doing some stuff with vids and mobi's.

the Robster was my first thought. i pm'ed him before thread but heard nothing back :eek2:

he is a busy guy tho, and has helped me enough in past, so .......:coo2l:
i would be paying tho! :biggrin:

rob
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Pred :)
Sorry we've been really busy lately, Yes we can do the same thing except we'll make it better looking ... more interesting .. and we will guarantee 5/5 at ready. We are currently back logged with premo names right now though. Right now we are in the middle of developing http://hiphop.mobi which has you can tell is going to be a butt kicking site. Here is the site on a nokia emulator http://mtld.mobi/emulator.php?emulator=nokiaN70&webaddress=hiphop.mobi&Submit=Update
The demand for a cutting edge developers is on the rise.
Anyways if you like what you see at hiphop.mobi pm me with your details and we'll quote you a price

Cheers
Rob

Pred
03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Thankyou Rob :adore::adore::adore:

noonoo1
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Awsome dudes

texasgamer
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Just had a peek at hiphop.mobi
Rob that site is awesome looking!

coast
04-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Yes, Rob can do this.

HipHop.mobi
04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
yep rob is the 5/5 man

GijsZePa
04-22-2008, 07:50 AM
yep rob is the 5/5 man

That's why I submitted the site in the motm contest. It's great ! (although I should watch out with the colors...they are not the best reading on a phone)

Martin

Maguire
05-07-2008, 07:23 AM
That is some great stuff, Rob.

Doc

coast
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
That's why I submitted the site in the motm contest. It's great ! (although I should watch out with the colors...they are not the best reading on a phone)

Martin

Martin, the hiphop.mobi isn't finished yet. When it is, look out! It's the site that will bring .mobi to the masses, you can believe it.