PDA

View Full Version : A quick question?

keithmt
03-01-2008, 06:15 PM
If I want to respond to a sentence in a post, how do
I take only a portion of the quote instead of the whole post?

reps for help. Thanks

coast
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Click the quote, then backspace or delete to take out the part you don't want.

think
03-01-2008, 06:57 PM
If I want to respond to a sentence in a post, how do

reps for help. Thanks

Just edit the text in the quote after you start your response. It's the same as editing your own writing. No difference unless you touch the brackets that contain the "quote" command and the function is no longer recognized.

Example. I copied, pasted, and edited your quote below:

If I want to respond to a sentence in a post

Now I am responding to just this sentence. You can add the [ and ] brackets and "quote= user name" and "/quote" commands inside the main quote to respond to a single question that ends up like this:

If I want to respond to a sentence in a post, Nice sentence.
how do

reps for help. Thanks

This way you can respond to each sentance and keep the original poster in a quoted format.

Hope this helps :)

Scandiman
03-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Also you can toggle between editor modes by clicking this icon on the top right http://mobility.mobi/images/editor/switchmode.gif

keithmt
03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys. reps coming

domainitrix
03-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Make sure it starts with this (*it will say who ever's name that you're quoting automatically-->[ QUOTE=keithmt;37486 ] delete whatever you don't want here[ /QUOTE ]<--and be sure to end with this at the end.

This might not be the best way to do it but, if I wan't to split what you're saying I keep the 1st part and cut and paste the end quote( w/ brackets)

[ QUOTE=keithmt;37486]If I want to respond to a sentence in a post [ /QUOTE ]<--(*I've cut/copy & pasted this)
and you get this-->
If I want to respond to a sentence in a post

and , if I want quote latter part of your question,paragraph or a sentence.
(*I've cut/copied and pasted this)-->[ QUOTE=keithmt;37486]I take only a portion of the quote instead of the whole post?

reps for help. Thanks[/QUOTE]

and then you get this -->

reps for help. Thanks

Gerry
03-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Hope this helps :)Awesome response and time spent to help fellow members. Very Cool!