PDA

View Full Version : Searching for available .mobi's

-GF-
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
What is the most efficient way to search for available .mobi's? :dontknow:

Any advice to give to someone new like myself?

Thank you in advance!!

GF

keithmt
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Go to a registrar and just start typing
in words. That's the way I do it.

nombre
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
you can also just create a simple text file with a name that interests you and add .mobi
so you get:

test.mobi
run.mobi
car.mobi

etc

then go to godaddy (i use them) and find the bulk checker

that way you can check dozens or hundreds of names at a time

Scandiman
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I try and avoid searching at registrars because of the possibility they sell your query to someone else who regs the name if you don't pick it up. My preferred search is via http://mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

Andres Kello
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I try and avoid searching at registrars because of the possibility they sell your query to someone else who regs the name if you don't pick it up. My preferred search is via http://mtld.mobi/whois/index.php:bingo:

You can even do this right here from Mobility by clicking on "Quick Links" at the top right, entering the name you want in the first text field that drops down, and hitting Enter. That will open a new window and if the domain is available, it will tell you, without any risk of it being registered by someone else since it's coming directly from mTLD. Plus, you don't even have to type in '.mobi' at the end of the domain since it already assumes you're searching for .mobi's.

Try it out.

nombre
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
You can even do this right here from Mobility by clicking on "Quick Links" at the top right, entering the name you want in the first text field that drops down, and hitting Enter. That will open a new window and if the domain is available, it will tell you, without any risk of it being registered by someone else since it's coming directly from mTLD. Plus, you don't even have to type in '.mobi' at the end of the domain since it already assumes you're searching for .mobi's.

Try it out. very nice andres, i guess i should look around every now and then :biggrin:

Tim
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I've had good luck with Domain Name Analyzer from idotz.net - it's free and I've never had a name poached. I've pinged a watch list for months without change as a matter of fact.

nrmillions
02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
What is the most efficient way to search for available .mobi's? :dontknow:

Any advice to give to someone new like myself?

Thank you in advance!!

GF

There is nothing available. If you absolutely must search then take the advice above and DONT use any registrars and use either the mTLD whois site or this forum. I would recommend sticking to the aftermarket though.

Dave
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
There is nothing available. If you absolutely must search then take the advice above and DONT use any registrars and use either the mTLD whois site or this forum. I would recommend sticking to the aftermarket though.
And with that in mind, I've got a very nice sale going on right now...just click on my signature... :)

Mobite
02-08-2008, 07:02 PM
mobi?
Apple is making sure that tld .mobi is passe

Tim
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
That has nothing to do with this thread and is an ignorant statement besides.

mobi?

vikrantjain22
02-08-2008, 07:44 PM
mobi?

Please refrain from making such absurd comments.

pilot
02-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Terror, a few .mobi's are on the apple site. I would think that if it was passe, they wouldn't allow them?

mobi?

yourguide
02-09-2008, 07:07 PM

There are still .mobis out there

Today I regged

timeserver
timeservers
turbocars
turboprops

I use an avail domain finder program modified to search the .mobi whois with a dictionary filter.

There are tons of dictionary words still avail but most aren't very good.

bricio
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
we have to search evereyday

i think it was two days ago or yesterday... a NP member found a geo name; the city is in ukraine, its spelling is correct and it has about 1 million inhabitants :eek2:

yourguide
02-09-2008, 09:19 PM
we have to search evereyday

i think it was two days ago or yesterday... a NP member found a geo name; the city is in ukraine, its spelling is correct and it has about 1 million inhabitants :eek2:

today I also regged

navajos
pintos
woodpeckers
silkworms
possums
warblers
wrens
wombats
wormholes
polenta

They are out there...it's just a matter of looking.