PDA

View Full Version : My two, count 'em, 2, Dutch .mobis

Dave
07-12-2007, 06:38 AM
I only have two Dutch-language .mobis:

Luchthavens (“Airports”)
Stranden (“Beaches”)

Could any of you with a knowledge of the language confirm for me that those are good registrations? In English they obviously would be, but I just want to make sure I got it right and that those are the common terms...

Thanks!

photoman
07-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Stranden and luchthavens are ok registrations, luchthavens to my knowledge is not an overly common term that the dutch would use in communication, though the term is correct. The term Vliegveld or vliegvelden is more used instead of luchthavens hope thats of any help, there are a few other dutchies here, what do u guys think!?

GijsZePa
07-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I only have two Dutch-language .mobis:

Luchthavens (“Airports”)
Stranden (“Beaches”)

Could any of you with a knowledge of the language confirm for me that those are good registrations? In English they obviously would be, but I just want to make sure I got it right and that those are the common terms...

Thanks!

They seems nice to me and are good keywords (we have also a lot of beaches overhere...and our main airport is one of the finest in the world)
The main problem is that although the dutch are adapting .mobi quite fast concerning development and flatfee subscriptions, the .mobi domain market is slow...
Hanogl had some nice sales (some months ago. dokter and apotheek, meaning doctor and farmacy) Also Webecri had some nice sales during the landrush. But that is it. I haven't heard of any new ones.
I also have a lot of good keywords (especially recipes and relation), but did only receive some minor ***ers...

We need to have patience or have to develop them.

Martin

GijsZePa
07-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Stranden and luchthavens are ok registrations, luchthavens to my knowledge is not an overly common term that the dutch would use in communication, though the term is correct. The term Vliegveld or vliegvelden is more used instead of luchthavens hope thats of any help, there are a few other dutchies here, what do u guys think!?

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=luchthaven&word2=vliegveld

:biggrin:

Martin

photoman
07-12-2007, 07:10 AM
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=luchthaven&word2=vliegveld

:biggrin:

Martin

There you go eh! I did one with vliegvelden and luchthavens looks like i loose again! noooo

GeMulder
07-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Geinig, Googlefight!

Thanks for the tip

photoman
07-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Dat dacht ik ook toen ik het zag! Geweldig!

Gerry
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm curious, though.

The Dutch as is most Europeans are so multi lingual and their language seems to be intertwined with German, is there a prevelance or preference for one word over another...German vs. Dutch? In some instances the same word is used in both languages as I understand.

Vlucht.mobi Dutch; Flight

But I have many German that I have been told is the same thing in dutch.

GijsZePa
07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm curious, though.

The Dutch as is most Europeans are so multi lingual and their language seems to be intertwined with German, is there a prevelance or preference for one word over another...German vs. Dutch? In some instances the same word is used in both languages as I understand.

Vlucht.mobi Dutch; Flight

But I have many German that I have been told is the same thing in dutch.

Possible ...but I can only give you a good answer if you show me your german ones...

-- EDIT --
did my homework
You have 1 german/dutch .mobi and it's not used often here: StrandHotels.mobi

-- END EDIT --

Martin

Martin

Dave
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
There you go eh! I did one with vliegvelden and luchthavens looks like i loose again! noooo
:laugh: Love that GoogleFight! However, it turns out that in an OVTFight (trademark pending), vliegveld beats out luchthaven, 1500 to 1300.

So I guess it seems that I should be happy enough with the reg -- they're fairly close, all in all...

Gerry
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Possible ...but I can only give you a good answer if you show me your german ones...

-- EDIT --
did my homework
You have 1 german/dutch .mobi and it's not used often here: StrandHotels.mobi

-- END EDIT --

Martin

MartinIs not StrandHotels Beach Hotels in German?

The novelty of this is Myrtle Beach, SC is referred to as the Grand Strand and PC has a Galveston related site called TheStrand.mobi. So there may be many cross over opportunities here.

GijsZePa
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Is not StrandHotels Beach Hotels in German?

Yes...it is...and also in Dutch. Both mean the same...

Martin