PDA

View Full Version : Basic questions

swornenemy
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi, i am new to the .mobi scene here. I have managed to pick up some major brand .mobi domains. The question is now what? Do I sit and wait to see if .mobi becomes a standard domain for mobile users or contact these brands and try to strike a deal? Where is .mobi really at today and where do you see them in the future? Did i just waste my money? opinions / facts are appreciated.

mjnels
09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
hi.. going by your post im gonna guess you're new to the whole domain scene too.

registering brand names is trademark infringing stuff.. the only deal that is likely to get struck is a WIPO / UDRP complaint filed against you by the brands lawyers if they even think its worth their time.

swornenemy
09-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Not good, so the fact they have the .com and i picked up the .mobi doesn't mean a thing for the .mobi purchaser? If that is the case then i have wasted my money on some domains.

swornenemy
09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Man, went ahead and had the brand name .mobi's deleted. That was an expensive lesson but better than getting in trouble :) I think you may have saved me from an unintentional headache! Thank you

photoman
09-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Sworn

A great move man!, you're already well on the way to being a great domainer/investor!
There's heaps of info here in trademarking etc
And a few members that know lots more if you ask them.
What line of business are you in?

swornenemy
09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Nothing really specific to domain investing ( obviously, lol ) but I am interested in getting into it. Ill keep reading and learning before i waste anymore money on what i think is a good idea, lol.

coast
09-30-2011, 05:12 AM
I already respect you more now that you dropped the infringing domain names. In case there's any doubt, have a look at this: .mobi WIPO Stories (http://mobienthusiast.mobi/?s=wipo)

swornenemy
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks coast, I believe in honest hard work. I am a small business owner and have learned to take a hit when necessary without being upset about it. We can always make money another day ;)