PDA

View Full Version : babe.mobi sale for $500

dungdenvn
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
babe.mobi just sale for $500 on Sedo :D do you think it's a fair price ?

blitzpotz
04-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Did you buy or sell this name? In another thread (http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?54328-babe.mobi) you mention to develop this gem. :hmmmm2:

Fair price? Some people may say itīs a bargain, others will call it too expensive in the current market.

I believe this is a great name defying appraisal. :adore:

dungdenvn
04-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah i'm the buyer. As you say it's not the good deal for me to buy ? But i see others name .mobi sold for event better price but their name is not as good as mine. You make me a little nervous :(

ChinaMobi
04-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Someone named dungdenvn is asking appraisal on digitalpoint (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2126130) for selling.

thank you http://s.dpstatic.com/smilies/smile.png but currently i don't have much time to develop anything that's why i'm asking for a price to sell it http://s.dpstatic.com/smilies/biggrin.png please help
Today, another dungdenvn has this to say on NP (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OR46V7_0iIMJ:www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/708348-babe-mobi-what-your-thoughts.html+babe.mobi&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.co.nz):

I just accidently buy babe.mobi for $120 ... Do you think it's a good price ?

My budget for babe.mobi only $80 but i got carried away.

So you think i can sell it back for $120 ?

Any advice is really appreciate. Thank youThat's interesting.

dungdenvn
04-06-2011, 02:42 AM
that's me but that's before i have the final bid on this name. At that time it's $120 and the final bid is $500. Nothing interesting about it :) . If i'm selling it for $120 it's interesting, here i just asking for advice how much i can sell it back for but i don't get any help

Scandiman
04-06-2011, 03:12 AM
that's me but that's before i have the final bid on this name. At that time it's $120 and the final bid is $500. Nothing interesting about it :) . If i'm selling it for $120 it's interesting, here i just asking for advice how much i can sell it back for but i don't get any help
The only valuation that counts is the one made by a buyer and seller, anyone else is just guessing. If your goal is resale for profit then my guess is it may be tough sell right now, it's not hard to find equal or better names for less.

newdomainer
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
My best suggestion is to build a site and then market the domain to the 'appropriate' market..... a domainer might not ***er you $50 or $500 but if you hang onto it & develop it (without spending very much) you could sell for a nice profit... It's actually a good domain, better than many by far and with luck you could see mid $x,xxx
But you might have to wait a while....?

dungdenvn
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah i know where it is going and i also have a great idea to develop it, but like you said it's still a long way ahead.

gogo
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I will ***er you $9.99 for this domain, ***er good for 48 hours from time of posting.

Pred
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
if you have a definite business plan and are after a particular domain then theoretically you never overpay if it becomes a success
however, for resellers this is close to a regfee domain imo
i would pay $15 at most for it as i have no plan or use for it
if key services and products are not getting ***ers in .mobi then what value does this name really have/

now, if you can develop and start getting an income from wallpapers etc then great, i see that. only problem being the days are gone when people pay for ringtones and wallpapers, surely?
clumsy clicks on ads on mobiles prob the best bet

bottom line, it's only when the registrations increase, then we see one worders getting rarer and rarer will you see demand and values increase.
this is the way it is, in all other extensions
so we need to see increased development, more interest from endusers, and then more speculation from domainers will follow

but yes, if you have no real plan to develop i would take gogo's ***er lol

the other thing is, when i hear 'babe' i tend to think of only one thing (http://www.nicksflickpicks.com/f100babe.jpg)

Accent
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I think it is a very good name.

A noun with 280M Google and use in the fashion and po-no markets.

Scandiman
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I think it is a very good name.

A noun with 280M Google and use in the fashion and po-no markets.

How much would you be willing to buy it for today?

dungdenvn
04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I will ***er you $9.99 for this domain, ***er good for 48 hours from time of posting.

That's seem like a good ***er, PM me for a quick sale

To others:

Oh .mobi will be a break out after iphone 4 release. I just don't think this domain will sit there 4ever :) i think this domain have a huge promise in front of it. Like you said, when you say "babe" you know what it mean already. A couple of hundred to design a website and an app at iphone app store could make it a big different.

gogo
04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
That's seem like a good ***er, PM me for a quick sale

Could you confirm here that you are accepting the ***er of $9.99?

And can you confirm that you own this name? You don't have a trader rating on this site.

dungdenvn
04-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Could you stop joking and serious about this. I don't think you think i will sell it for 9.99 after i spend $500 to buy it ? ... Seriously ...

gogo
04-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Could you stop joking and serious about this. I don't think you think i will sell it for 9.99 after i spend $500 to buy it ? ... Seriously ...

HI I wasn't joking, I ***ered you what the domain is worth to me. You appeared to accept my ***er, but I asked you to confirm to avoid any misunderstandings. Now it sounds like you don't want to accept my ***er. OK, I am withdrawing my ***er. Frankly I don't think most mobis are worth buying or owning unless you need a domain for a site and can't find one in the TLD or CC you prefer.

No one is making money selling mobi domains - look at this http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?53114-Rick-Schwartz-auctioning-Flowers.mobi-with-no-reserve&p=153663&viewfull=1#post153663

Buying .mobi is like deliberately buying the cheapest properties on the Monopoly board, when in fact you can afford better ones. Because different extensions all have similar reg fees but wildly different chance of selling and typical sales price range.

dungdenvn
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
ok so let's me get this straight.

I start the topic say i just bought the domain for $500 and after 2 days you say you willing to "help" me buy the domain for $9.99 and the domain has no value and you actually think i was gonna sale it and lose $490. I think i can spend $ 500. Why in the world would i need your $9.99. I can throw this domain away but not sell it for reg fee price. It's just not worth it.

Even .mobi is dead. I don't think i can't get back my $500 from this domain. Maybe not now, maybe not 1 year from now, but in 5, 10 years i can get it back.

Regards

Accent
04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
How much would you be willing to buy it for today?

:hmmmm2:

Well, not $500. I don't buy Mobis these days unless I can get them for almost nothing - and I have been buying some. Most domainers have left the party, there are deals out there.

The Mobi market is out of balance in comparison to similar extensions like Info and Biz. As new people move in to domains and the public forgets the heavy handed attempt at monopolizing the mobile net that many believe Mobi represented, the value of Mobi domains should normalize. (The flood of new extensions is a risk factor, but I think it is not a big one.)

If I owned Babe.mobi I would put a mid-$$$$ price on it. I doubt I would accept a $500 ***er. The OP paid retail in the current market, low retail. He does have a reasonable chance at a good profit in a few years.

dungdenvn
04-08-2011, 04:11 PM
yeah i guess you're right. The flood of the new extension is a big problem that make .info . biz and .mobi going down. The only way right now is develop and make it a successful website, not domain. I guess with babe.mobi it not really hard to make people remember

Accent
04-08-2011, 08:44 PM
There are something like 250 extensions now. Mobi is pretty firmly in the second tier of gTLDs, the ones the registrars try to sell you if the Com is taken. Not many new extensions will make it there.

Good luck with your plans.

dungdenvn
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
yeah. lot of extensions. But to be honest, i still think .mobi should have their own google search traffic since iphone, black berry and a lot of smart phone has been release. I still think there will be a huge update in google in the future for .mobi extensions. And when that day come, it will change the hand of .mobi place in gTLDs

Scandiman
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Even .mobi is dead. I don't think i can't get back my $500 from this domain. Maybe not now, maybe not 1 year from now, but in 5, 10 years i can get it back.

Apparently you're not a long term holder after all. Looks like you lasted about 4 days... http://www.bido.com/Auction?name=babe.mobi

dungdenvn
04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
why do you mean that ?

Scandiman
04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
why do you mean that ?

I'm humored when you say you will get back your investment in 5-10 years and then 4 days later the name shows up in auction at bido. Is this your sale at Bido?

I still think there will be a huge update in google in the future for .mobi extensions. And when that day come, it will change the hand of .mobi place in gTLDs

What doesn't add up to me is why would Google give special preference to a domain extension that they themselves prefer to redirect to m.google.com? Regardless if you actually believe this then why try to sell the domain now?

Oh .mobi will be a break out after iphone 4 release. I just don't think this domain will sit there 4ever :) i think this domain have a huge promise in front of it. Like you said, when you say "babe" you know what it mean already. A couple of hundred to design a website and an app at iphone app store could make it a big different.

In case you missed it, the iphone 4 was released in June 2010, certainly didn't have a huge impact on the traffic for my .mobi sites, but I've enjoyed using mine for several months now.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm thinking this is nothing but a bunch of hype from a domain flipper.

dungdenvn
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
First of all. I list it on bido doesn't mean i want to sell it. I put the price a little too high ($150 bido price and $500 buy it now) after everybody say that domain name can't be pass reg fee and want to see if people still interested in this domain. If for some reason the domain got taken ($150 or more), i can't say anything and lose the money but still be happy than selling it 9.99 to some guys. If case you don't know, list the domain at bido is complete FREE.

I didn't say the iphone 4 will be the huge impact to .mobi domain name. I just say, the future people will lessly use desktop or even laptop. The more smart phone release and the more funtion they get, google may not think about the SEO for now but i think in the near future they will.

yes it's true i'm a domain flipper but i don't need to do that to sell this domain :D. I make $3000 a month already

Scandiman
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
First of all. I list it on bido doesn't mean i want to sell it. I put the price a little too high ($150 bido price and $500 buy it now) after everybody say that domain name can't be pass reg fee and want to see if people still interested in this domain. If for some reason the domain got taken ($150 or more), i can't say anything and lose the money but still be happy than selling it 9.99 to some guys. If case you don't know, list the domain at bido is complete FREE.

I didn't say the iphone 4 will be the huge impact to .mobi domain name. I just say, the future people will lessly use desktop or even laptop. The more smart phone release and the more funtion they get, google may not think about the SEO for now but i think in the near future they will.

yes it's true i'm a domain flipper but i don't need to do that to sell this domain :D. I make $3000 a month already

This post would be a top contender for most confusing post if we had such a competition here. Best of luck to you.

dungdenvn
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
lol :D I don't see why it should be confusing. Anyway, thanks and hope i can sell it on bido for a good price ... or i will just keep it