Videoslots.mobi $1,150

&

Kitesurf.mobi $,1096.

photoman
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow.. Nice sales

nombre
02-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Kitesurf.mobi $,1096. i hope it was bought by this guy :adore::adore: .....

----------------The Take***------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZE81zEy4uk

------------------The Landing--------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZiZ9G-gNs&feature=related

ChinaMobi
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm scratching my head. They are 2-word .mobi and do not have any significance in terms of being mobile or related to mobile phones. I just don't see the value in them. Am I looking at the wrong place?

mobidomain
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
That's some awesome footage you dug up, Nombre.

ChinaMobi,

I agree with you about Kitesurf. There are far more valuable 2 words Mobis that are sitting unsold.
Kitesurf seems a very specific niche and not well suited to .Mobi. Plus, it doesn't sound as good as, say, KiteSurfing.

However, I can see the appeal of Videoslots. Online gambling is huge. Its really only a matter of time before gambling from mobile devices becomes widespread, if it isn't already. Think of slots as slot machines.

ChinaMobi
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Think of slots as slot machines.I thought it's some sort of warehousing system which can automatically allocate video tapes to slots.:embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

Pred
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought it's some sort of warehousing system which can automatically allocate video tapes to slots.:embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:
:biggrin:

slots.com sold for $5 million recently :coo2l:

photoman
02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm scratching my head. They are 2-word .mobi and do not have any significance in terms of being mobile or related to mobile phones. I just don't see the value in them. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Isn't it great how value is in the eye of the beholder.
I've got a few two worded names. Most here won't pay even $60 for LOL (what I paid for a drop catch)

Accent
02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
There is a huge random factor in domain sales in all extensions. Makes it difficult to get a handle on the market.

It is the same thing with the LLL.mobi sales for over $3000. One seller who had the nerve to demand the price plus one business with an idea that needs that particular domain.

But it is great news that there is some activity, too many people are thinking that there will never be any more Mobi sales.

gogo
02-12-2011, 08:19 AM
:biggrin:

slots.com sold for $5 million recently :coo2l:

Have a look on namebio for all the slots jackpot sales...

As for kitesurf, I never assume that mobi domain sales have anything to do with mobile - there is no guaranteed connection. There will be some buyers who hope mobi helps them brand their content as mobile, but imo the big draw is cheap keywords. Look at it from the point of view of a buyer who wants a keyword domain and looks to see what extensions are available and at what prices.

Try doing a search on Sedo for kitesurf, eliminating all synonyms and words over 8 letters:

kitesurf.biz For sale 1,650 EUR - - Continue
kitesurf.de For sale 2,200 EUR - - Continue
kitesurf.com.mx For sale Make ***er - 1 Continue
kitesurf.in For sale Make ***er - 1 Continue
kitesurf.com.es For sale Make ***er - - Continue
kitesurf.mx For sale Make ***er - - Continue
kitesurf.pro For sale Make ***er - - Continue
kitesurf.com.cn For sale Make ***er - - Continue
kitesurf.org.es For sale Make ***er
Kitesurf.mobi is cheaper than kitesurf.biz

Interestingly, kitesurf.ws and kitesurf.asia are free, so clearly the buyer had some criteria such as being a TLD or quality. I find it interesting to see mobis sell when a term is free in another extension - there are a few people, if not many, who do specifically want a .mobi domain.

Scandiman
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm scratching my head. They are 2-word .mobi and do not have any significance in terms of being mobile or related to mobile phones.

As gogo has already pointed out, mobile significance isn't at all a necessity for .mobi, just as there's no mobile significance in the name wonderland.mobi but you've built a mobile friendly site that is relevant to the keyword.

There is a huge random factor in domain sales in all extensions.

This should be completely obvious, yet it appears some expect a consistent flow of high dollar ***ers for the majority of their portfolio. Domains aren't liquid assets easily converted to cash at top dollar prices.

Mobitunist
02-14-2011, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=mobidomain;157596] Plus, it doesn't sound as good as, say, KiteSurfing.

QUOTE]

As the owner of www.KiteSurfing.mobi (http://www.KiteSurfing.mobi), I am sure glad to hear that ... :-)

I also do think that KiteSurfing does indeed suit the extension from an "on the go" perspective. My view was always that one can make this into a social KiteSurfing site, where members can upload video clips taken by mobiles etc. I do not see people taking their laptops to the beach .. :-)

kiwi
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I am not saying that this is it, but a similarly named App seems to have a good rating.

"Kitesurf Instructor (KI) is the original and most highly rated Kiteboarding Instructional app for the iPhone and iPod Touch."

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/33975/kitesurf-instructor%3A-beginner-level-kiteboarding/

coast
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I at the beach right now. I see surfers, I see joggers, I see people walking their dogs, but like mobitunist said, I don't see a single laptop anywhere. There are plenty of smartphones right now, including mine, which I used to post this.