Pred
12-29-2010, 09:46 PM
this weeks dnjournal

Vouchers.mobi 3,500 = $5,390 Innovation Central

very cheap imho

noonoo1
12-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Very cheap indeed,

Westport.mobi sold for $1001 and looked to have been bought at auction, pool or snap i'm guessing.

ChinaMobi
12-30-2010, 02:03 AM
very cheap imho
Are there any relative figures that tell you this .mobi is worth this much and that .mobi that much etc? What is the basis of your judgment? This may look like a silly question but I'm trying to learn how to value a .mobi.

gogo
12-30-2010, 08:39 AM
this weeks dnjournal

Vouchers.mobi 3,500 = $5,390 Innovation Central

very cheap imho

right around the un***icial price ceiling of $5000 for a .mobi

In the same week coupon.ca sold for $75,600

and ipaymobile.net sold for $1177 - a good example of someone buying a domain name containing the word mobile for a xxx or xxxx price. And guess what, as with many good sales, the .mobi is not even registered.

ChinaMobi
12-30-2010, 08:50 AM
And guess what, as with many good sales, the .mobi is not even registered.Which one are you referring to? coupon.mobi is registered.

Both vouchers.com and .net are parked. Only .org is used.

mjnels
12-30-2010, 07:04 PM
pred did you hit your head on something.. how is this considered "cheap" ?

this aint 2007 anymore...

Pred
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
pred did you hit your head on something.. how is this considered "cheap" ?

this aint 2007 anymore...

enduser sales v forum sales are poles apart

add to that, the English speaking world use 'vouchers' not coupons

is still cheap
the enduser is an individual, possibly just an investor, by concidence from my hometown in London

there have still been LLL.mobi sales for mid xxxx range this year
not many but they do happen, you're talking about a keyword perfectly suited for mobile, and BIG business and lots of money to be made
some voucher sites are making x,xxx - xx,xxx a day

2 options for owner, sit on and do nothing and resell later for more, which I'm certain they can do, or develop well and make a pile

i accept this forums mentality for some is all domains should be priced at xx regardless of keyword :rolleyes2:
each to their own

Scandiman
12-30-2010, 09:20 PM
add to that, the English speaking world use 'vouchers' not coupons

English as in British? Coupons is far more common here than vouchers in the discount shopping context, I hear vouchers used more so in the debate over whether parents can get education vouchers from the govt to be used at schools of their choice.

Pred
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM
English as in our language in England
not the American Bastardised one

note sale in
buyer in London/Kent

coupons is more popular in states, but we're not discussing states

same way 'rental.co.uk' or coupons.co.uk would be worth fraction of hire.co.uk or vouchers.co.uk
particularly in that cctld

re; earlier comment, im surprised someone paid 70k for coupon.ca as that extension is struggling bigtime at minute
still some top end sales for the very best keywords, but in singular not that keen
i think THEY massively overpaid

Scandiman
12-30-2010, 10:17 PM
English as in our language in England

Thanks for clarifying

not the American Bastardised one

Always the diplomat you are, that's bastardized in American.

Pred
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks for clarifying

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bastardised%20English :biggrin:

blitzpotz
12-30-2010, 10:29 PM

:rofl:

What about a poll regarding a generally binding Mobility.mobi language? Esperanto would be elegant.

Scandiman
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bastardised%20English :biggrin:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Anglocentrism

A friendly tip for the next time you cross the pond for a visit, if you happen to visit the John Thomas steakhouse in Ithaca and are craving some dessert, avoid asking the waiter for a mouthful of spotted dick because you may get a hot banger instead.

photoman
12-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Thank God Australia hasn't come into it... yet...
ps... G'day! all;)

ChinaMobi
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
As a small country, New Zealand is accommodating of different languages. Our TV news reporters, anchorman, and anchorwoman speak different types of English and we are still living peacefully.

mjnels
01-01-2011, 12:14 AM
dunno pred.. when i calculate in the likelihood of getting an end user .mobi sale it sorta seems like an "outlier" situation

i dont necessarily think all keywords should be priced at some arbitrary amount and yes end users will pay higher prices but "cheap" and "expensive" are certainly relative to the track record of sales for the past few years

nombre
01-01-2011, 05:35 PM
re; earlier comment, im surprised someone paid 70k for coupon.ca as that extension is struggling bigtime at minute
still some top end sales for the very best keywords, but in singular not that keen
i think THEY massively overpaid how much would you say coupon.com is worth ?is coupon.com worth 700K, i would say so .... :biggrin:

i very fair rule of thumb is to just divide by 10 since canada is almost exactly 1/10 the size and the market of the usa by population and by gdp

so i would say that 70K is a very good price for a domain like coupon.ca

canadians spend more time on the internet than any other country in the world (http://soshable.com/canadians-spend-more-time-on-the-internet-than-any-other-country-in-the-world-infograph/)

trust me, canadians are serious bargain hunters since we pay more and have a much smaller selection of merchandise than our neighbor to the south

so, a well developed site like coupon.ca could generate a lot of cash ...

Pred
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
is coupon.com worth 700K, i would say so .... :biggrin:

i very fair rule of thumb is to just divide by 10 since canada is almost exactly 1/10 the size and the market of the usa by population and by gdp

so i would say that 70K is a very good price for a domain like coupon.ca

except .com is not a cctld, its a global tld, even if most americans think it's their cctld lol
so your maths is out
what percentage is canada of the world?
canada actually has a very small population for its size

the cctld hotbed is europe, the most prized and valuable ones are there
not saying .ca has no value as it is a well managed cctld and has good value
i feel with a domain like 'coupon' it works far and away best on the com as a singular, plural being far, far better

i guess any domain is worth any amount if new owner can make a good profit and turn into a good business model
i just feel coupons and vouchers are so suited to mobile, latest deals and all that

also @ mj
coupon.mobi sold for $7,754 dec.09
you could argue the bottom of the financial mess (i know we're not out yet)
that was to our very own Bob, (developer and domainer)
this was a snapnames drop auction that 99.9999999999999% of world don't know about, and for any auction to get above $70 approx there has to be more than 1 person wanting
people wanted it
again i feel singular is a poor relation to plural

Coupons.mobi SOLD at $21,175.00 , ok in 2007
again to Bob, but it's not an enduser price
convinced it would sell for multiples on right day, undeveloped
is one of best keywords for .mobi ext imho
developed could really do things

i am just saying when you get true endusers buying, expect to see realistic prices being sold for

currently we are still seeing penny in the pound sales and resellers with far too many domains selling for peanuts
i don't have a crystal ball but i see a definite upturn in .mobi sold prices 2012 onwards. just feel timing will be right

this year has been a record year for domain sales across board, even if reseller market is struggling for all ext.

nombre
01-02-2011, 09:34 PM
here are 2 articles that address coupons and also canada as a market:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/canadian-market-should-be-worlds-beta-testers-google-canada/article1854045/

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_hackingretail/all/1

canadian retailing is far behind the usa in sophistication, never mind volume

canadians are bargain hunters of the first order because we see up close (on ever present us television stations) what great deals americans get

i think it is a market ripe for exploitation in terms of better retailing

canadian gdp has always been just shy of roughly 1/10 of the usa and it is a g8 country so it has a very well developed economy, never mind the population

i do agree that coupon could be a global product but haven't you just stated that vouchers is the preferred term in the uk so that leaves a very large market out and so coupon can play in canada, oz and nz for sure which essentially means it is 90% a usa domain so i think the analogy of 1/10 holds pretty well

what do you think coupon.com is worth ?

HipHop.mobi
01-03-2011, 02:24 AM
good sale

Pred
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
promocodes.mobi is damn fine though imo
one that needs developing, along with the other mountain

gogo
01-06-2011, 04:44 AM
sale reported on dnjournal this week (not mine):

Voucher.mobi sold for $1,965

Bear in mind a lot of location based services ***er coupons/vouchers, there are a lot of startups beside Groupon.

gogo
01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
This is the guy that sold vouchers.mobi
http://www.3ac.co.uk/vouchers-mobi-domain

wonder how much he bought it for a few months earlier?

3ac Domain Names
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I bought it for 350 through Sedo in May 2010

10 x return in 6 months. Whether people think that is cheap or not, that's their own opinion. It was a good sale for a domain I decided I wasn't going to develop

wonder how much he bought it for a few months earlier?

Pred
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I bought it for 350 through Sedo in May 2010

10 x return in 6 months. Whether people think that is cheap or not, that's their own opinion. It was a good sale for a domain I decided I wasn't going to develop

congrats on buying so cheap, and congrats on a great profit
welcome to mobility btw

3ac Domain Names
08-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks pal, appreciate the welcome

First time I have been on Mobility so having a good look round

Best

Gary

think
08-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks pal, appreciate the welcome

First time I have been on Mobility so having a good look round

Best

Gary

Welcome aboard and congrats on a nice sale. Hopefully we'll be hearing more success stories like this in the months to come :biggrin:

keithmt
08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Nice sale Gary!