PDA

View Full Version : Serve.mobi - $3,000

Andres Kello
06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Just sold Serve.mobi for $3,000 to an end user (http://whoiz.mobi/serve.mobi).

keithmt
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Congrats Andres!

noonoo1
06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Great results, Andres.

pcaero
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Very nice sale

think
06-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Great name Andres. I'm sorry it didn't fetch more for you but it is good to see the term "end user" in there.
Looking forward to seeing what the plans are for the site.

Andres Kello
06-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry it didn't fetch more for you but it is good to see the term "end user" in there.Yeah, they weren't willing to pay more, but when I asked them if they were going to develop it and they said yes, I agreed to their ***er. I did not know the end user was Iron Mountain until after the sale completed, but I knew it was an end user because I was approached by a lawyer and they later confirmed their client would develop it. That was good enough for me.

think
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I did not know the end user was Iron Mountain until after the sale completed, but I knew it was an end user because I was approached by a lawyer and they later confirmed their client would develop it. That was good enough for me.

Iron Mountain... Now that's interesting....

Scandiman
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, they weren't willing to pay more, but when I asked them if they were going to develop it and they said yes, I agreed to their ***er. I did not know the end user was Iron Mountain until after the sale completed, but I knew it was an end user because I was approached by a lawyer and they later confirmed their client would develop it. That was good enough for me.

I hope the promises materialize. I've had multiple agreements where development was promised and nothing, but one buyer here at Mobility did develop as promised. Unfortunately as a seller there's no real enforcement angle that I can see but we can still keep trying our best to get names we won't build ourselves into good hands for the benefit of the .mobi community as a whole.

acc
06-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Will be nice to see if it goes live. Smart, very inexpensive new marketing tool for whoever uses it.

But don't jump to conclusions. Maybe end user is other than Iron Mountain itself ... because ... might/don't they ***er IP protection services similar to Mark Monitor who we often see acquiring domains for their clients?

Often problem is (from my own experience and observations) that MM buys and usually ends up holding the domains inactive. I had 1 or 2 early .mobi sales to them and names are still setting idle. Have seen that happen very often noticing MM in whois records for other extensions too.

blitzpotz
06-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Congrats Andres! Good that you kept this LR II dropcatch through tough times.

HipHop.mobi
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
congrats

ChinaMobi
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks like a great name for the service industry. Well done.

Dave
06-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Congrats, Andres -- nice to see enough interest from a large company that they'd go out of their way to purchase a keyword domain...

sf2010
07-01-2010, 12:58 AM
congrats on the sale

iron mountain provides ***site data recovery (electronic and physical documents). wonder how it fits with serve mobi?