PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back!

Gerry
02-25-2010, 04:38 PM
So, where have you all been lately?

Anyways, health is still on a roller coaster (up and down), studying and taking classes for Health Informatics, still having issues with balance and falls, and we still only have eight dogs.

Needless to say, I have been keeping up with mobile and .mobi and watching how things are going. And yes...I am still bullish on .mobi. I believe you can make a site out of any extension and if all the .mobi counterparts are parked pages then you will get an audience. Consumers are pretty savvy and know what a parked page looks like. Our audience is younger and they have truly been there, done that.

I do look at things from different angles - if autodetection is such a big thing, then you take a .mobi domain and make a full scale site out of it and when the time comes and someone is using a mobile device then it will look like a mobi. In that instance, .mobi still wins! Remember, nearly all your tld counterparts are parked and ***ering no real time service to the consumer.

Now, think of it the way that there is now a plug in for WordPress to make a site mobile. I have not tried that yet (going back to more indepth Joomla stuff) but I know some people have and Shaun is still a driving force in the mobi scape. But the same reverse mentality should apply...take your mobi domain and make a wordpress site that is identical to any word press site to where it appears dynamic on a pc and laptop, throw in the Mobile plug in and - wallah!

Sales - Within the past few months, I have had three major sales take place via sedo. These were the potential buyer contacting me. I am in the process of transferring one at present. Someone somewhere is interested in .mobi and they are buying them. Again, perhaps not in the USA but someone is not going to pay XXXX or greater for a .mobi domain in this economy without have some plans for it. So the needs, interests, end users, and buyers are out there.

Selling and dropping - lets face it...I can't keep them all and I can't buy them all. I am letting some drop or selling for nearly nothing. So no - Gerry is not dumping or having a firesale or getting out of .mobi. Like I said, a good keyword domain is a good keyword domain in any major TLD. And Google appears to like .mobi in the rankings.

Anyways, that the shortened version of what's going on.

I'll be in and out.

For now,

Gerry

miellas
02-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome back Gerry! We have definitely missed your presence and glad to hear things have been working out.

coast
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
It's nice to see you again, Gerry. If you have the time, I have some things to discuss with you. You know where to find me :)

seanboy
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Welcome back Gerry...

One minor correction: I am a supporter of the mobile web as a whole. .Mobi is just one small part of it. I sold almost all of my .mobi domains a long time ago.

think
02-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Good to see you back and posting at Mobility Gerry!

2010 looks like a huge year for mobile internet happenings. Hopefully this will include a healthy interest in Dot mobi.

Cheers!

Tim
02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Nice to hear from you again, you lazy bum.

photoman
02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Gerry

yeah we miss your rambling Gerry, but u know what... it's good reading some more again!!! ;)

Gerry
02-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome back Gerry...

One minor correction: I am a supporter of the mobile web as a whole. .Mobi is just one small part of it. I sold almost all of my .mobi domains a long time ago.A driving force in the mobi(le) scape...dope

seanboy
02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
A driving force in the mobi(le) scape...dope
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Gerry
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
its a compliment...means you know perhaps more about mobile formatting and the mobile landscape...a metaphor

coast
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
He didn't call you a dope, he said dope as in cool, as in how HipHop says it...

seanboy
02-27-2010, 02:36 AM
its a compliment...means you know perhaps more about mobile formatting and the mobile landscape...a metaphor
I thought it was a drug reference....oh well :)

I must be getting old..

capt. ahab
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Welcome back Dawg !!!

GijsZePa
02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Elvis is alive !!! :laugh: