PDA

View Full Version : Coupon.mobi Sold: $7,754 & Betting.mobi Sold: $4,100

DomainTalker
12-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Been referenced elsewhere, I think, but, two sales reported in DNJournal this week:

Coupon.mobi - $7,754

Betting.mobi: $4,100

noonoo1
12-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks DT and a merry Christmas to you. :biggrin:

Been referenced elsewhere, I think, but, two sales reported in DNJournal this week:

Coupon.mobi - $7,754

Betting.mobi: $4,100

think
12-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Would be nice to see a list compiled of all the sales from the big drop.

Merry Christmas DT!

ChessCentral
12-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Well that's cool - maybe my "CouponClipper.mobi" has a chance!

HipHop.mobi
12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
buyer deff has a good deal

Pred
12-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Would be nice to see a list compiled of all the sales from the big drop.

Merry Christmas DT!

these are the main ones
http://okok.com/recent-drop-mobi-prices/

dont know what rates.mobi was or a gfew others. only worth mentioning others mid xxx and up i think

youmo
12-27-2009, 03:44 PM
A couple more snap drop sales-
location.mobi $1,051.00
rates.mobi $3,303.00

youmo
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
It looks like the mysterious 'lebanon' grabbed all these (and a bunch more)-
luxury.mobi
pizzas.mobi
archive.mobi
Artists.mobi
Bankrupt.mobi
Brooklyn.mobi
Cast.mobi
Classified.mobi
dive.mobi
anniversary.mobi
Consult.mobi
Designs.mobi
Contests.mobi
dvds.mobi
Engineer.mobi
Facts.mobi
Goals.mobi
Graphics.mobi
designs.mobi
herbal.mobi
Organize.mobi
Tape.mobi
Orientation.mobi
Things.mobi
Stats.mobi
Sites.mobi
Status.mobi
Trades.mobi
Traveler.mobi
Vips.mobi
Tablets.mobi
Discuss.mobi
Spirits.mobi
Contractor.mobi
Suggest.mobi
Finder.mobi
Hill.mobi
Freelance.mobi
Locals.mobi
Journal.mobi
Saver.mobi
Select.mobi
Rings.mobi
Reserve.mobi
Schedule.mobi

Not sure if there is such a thing as being greedy in the domaining world... haha probably not, but grabbing nearly all the premium names so they stay undeveloped isn't ideal.

Pred
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
A couple more snap drop sales-
location.mobi $1,051.00
rates.mobi $3,303.00

cheers

Pred
12-27-2009, 04:30 PM
It looks like the mysterious 'lebanon' grabbed all these (and a bunch more)-
luxury.mobi
pizzas.mobi
archive.mobi
Artists.mobi
Bankrupt.mobi
Brooklyn.mobi
Cast.mobi
Classified.mobi
dive.mobi
anniversary.mobi
Consult.mobi
Designs.mobi
Contests.mobi
dvds.mobi
Engineer.mobi
Facts.mobi
Goals.mobi
Graphics.mobi
designs.mobi
herbal.mobi
Organize.mobi
Tape.mobi
Orientation.mobi
Things.mobi
Stats.mobi
Sites.mobi
Status.mobi
Trades.mobi
Traveler.mobi
Vips.mobi
Tablets.mobi
Discuss.mobi
Spirits.mobi
Contractor.mobi
Suggest.mobi
Finder.mobi
Hill.mobi
Freelance.mobi
Locals.mobi
Journal.mobi
Saver.mobi
Select.mobi
Rings.mobi
Reserve.mobi
Schedule.mobi

Not sure if there is such a thing as being greedy in the domaining world... haha probably not, but grabbing nearly all the premium names so they stay undeveloped isn't ideal.

well i checked a few and it seems he has only paid for pizzas. eventually.
hopefully some of these will go to second bidder or rereleased for a second auction

pcaero
12-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like most if not all have NOT been paid for..
Funny thing is he keeps soliciting me selling names that are in snapnames possession.

I get an e-mail every morning from him selling these names..

PC

well i checked a few and it seems he has only paid for pizzas. eventually.
hopefully some of these will go to second bidder or rereleased for a second auction

keithmt
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Looks like most if not all have NOT been paid for..
Funny thing is he keeps soliciting me selling names that are in snapnames possession.

I get an e-mail every morning from him selling these names..

PC
Could "he" possibly be associated with snap? Something
sounds suspicious about this!

Pred
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Could "he" possibly be associated with snap? Something
sounds suspicious about this!

no
check out his whois at www.domaintools.com/pizzas.mobi

he has a 'sales' site and indeed lives in beirut if you see whois
i recognise name also. think a member at namepros or dnf, not here
i think he got greedy and wanted names for himself and now cant pay. snap should re-release names or give to second bidder. they prob dont want to do this as strictly speaking they should be giving lots of us refunds as this little oik bid everything up
in fact our very own bob who owns coupon/s may have a case to get some money refunded on these possibly?
oversee/snap are seriously in doghouse so they HAVE to be seen as fair imho

pcaero
12-27-2009, 04:58 PM
2 Names on that list I was the 2 bidder..
Now he's trying to sell them to me?

WTF.

no
check out his whois at www.domaintools.com/pizzas.mobi (http://www.domaintools.com/pizzas.mobi)

he has a 'sales' site and indeed lives in beirut if you see whois
i recognise name also. think a member at namepros or dnf, not here
i think he got greedy and wanted names for himself and now cant pay. snap should re-release names or give to second bidder. they prob dont want to do this as strictly speaking they should be giving lots of us refunds as this little oik bid everything up
in fact our very own bob who owns coupon/s may have a case to get some money refunded on these possibly?
oversee/snap are seriously in doghouse so they HAVE to be seen as fair imho

Pred
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM

WTF.

save email
contact Bari, and try to get his ass banned from snap
at end of day he's trying to sell domains he doesnt actually own. plus he must know who you are to approach you knowing second bidder.
if he's a member here can we root him out
you may get a result, get him banned and get the domain without his bids should be course of action or get released.
i only bid on 2 but he got them from under me. i would like to get 1 of them thats rightfully mine imho and he bid the hell up and hasnt paid

youmo
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM

WTF.

Same here, he beat me in multiple auctions. I have had two emails already with those names listed within. Also these same names and many others still pending payment at snap.

I am guessing Lebanon over stretched himself, and as there are so many names still unpaid I am guessing he is very over stretched. Or he is trying to cut a deal?
Maybe we should all email snap, if they see there is interest, they might be more inclined to re-auction?

I would say its in snap's interest to be as transparent as possible in this and all matters, these days.

Scandiman
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
hopefully some of these will go to second bidder ...

I'm pressuring Snapnames to do just that for a name I was 2nd highest bid. It's well past their 7 day requirement.

Accent
12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
He mucked the auctions up to the point that they should be re-done.

The auction I was in he bid early and often, in real time, giving the impression that there was more interest than there was.

The name is familiar - I think he sometimes bids on LLLL.coms.

Pred
12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
The name is familiar - I think he sometimes bids on LLLL.coms.

http://whois.domaintools.com/pizzas.mobi
OnlineDomains.mobi - Nidal Elkadri

www.OnlineDomains.mobi

newton
12-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I have had two emails from him thus far, listing all the domains he is selling.

gogo
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm pressuring Snapnames to do just that for a name I was 2nd highest bid. It's well past their 7 day requirement.

Hi could you give a link to the 7 day requirement?

I've told them that Sedo is more careful about vetting bidders' ability to pay, and if this drags on it can't help Snapnames reputation.

for info, this is in their FAQ:

https://www.snapnames.com/faqs.jsp#creditcardcharged
> *What happens if SnapNames does not receive payment from the high bidder of an
> auction?*
> If we are unable to receive payment from the high bidder, we will either ***er
> the domain name to the second bidder or to re-run the auction for the domain
> name. We will let the other bidders involved in the auction know by email.

gogo
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe we should all email snap, if they see there is interest, they might be more inclined to re-auction?

Yes we do need to all email them.

If the buyer is ***ering domains that have not been paid yet probably Snap needs to know that too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering - if a domain now goes to the underbidder, is it at the highest price they bid in the original auction OR is it at the highest price they bid BEFORE the duel with the non-paying winner? That could mean a big price difference.

Scandiman
12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi could you give a link to the 7 day requirement?

https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctionsLegal.jsp

Live Auction Buyer Agreement

3. Payments:

A domain name purchased by Buyer during the Auction must be paid for in full within 7 business days of the close of the Auction. Payment must be remitted via wire transfer, cashier's check, or personal check. If payment is performed via personal check SnapNames may delay delivery of the purchased domain name until the check clears. SnapNames reserves the right to accept payment in any form other than those listed at SnapNames' sole discretion.

6. Buyer Responsibilities:

Buyer will:
1. Affirm that they understand and agree that any bid entered in the Auction is a binding agreement to purchase the domain name bid upon at the price bid, and that Buyer agrees to be bound by his bid.
2. Agree that upon winning a Name, Buyer will promptly, within seven business days, pay SnapNames the full purchase price in a manner prescribed by SnapNames.
3. Affirm that at the time of placing the bid Buyer has sufficient resources available so that should Buyer's bid be accepted the transaction can be completed.

7. Warranties; Disclaimer of Warranties:

2. Buyer warrants with respect to itself only that:
1. It has the legal power and authority to enter into this Agreement;
2. It will perform its obligations under this Agreement in a timely manner, in good faith and with all due skill and care;

Furthermore: https://www.snapnames.com/legal.jsp#terms

3. Bidding.

Following the successful completion of an auction for a particular domain, SnapNames will notify the winning bidder and attempt to collect payment. SnapNames may in our sole discretion require the winning bidder to tender payment to SnapNames in a manner of our choosing, including but not limited to credit card, check, or wire transfer. All fees collected by SnapNames are non-refundable, in whole or in part. In the event of a charge reversal or chargeback by a credit card company or other payment provider, or if we determine in our sole discretion that we are unable or unlikely to collect payment, any associated domain registration will immediately terminate and/or the domain name registration will be transferred to SnapNames as the paying entity for the registration. SnapNames may, in our sole discretion, award the reclaimed domain name to the next highest bidder in the relevant auction and charge such bidder their highest bid amount, or make the domain name subject to a new auction among bidders determined by SnapNames, or otherwise dispose of the name.

pcaero
12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
What about this?

There was an auction that he and I were the only bidders.
I ended up winning the name, but in the mean time he bid up the name?

If he had no intention on paying then why should I pay the higher price..
Granted it's a small amount, but the principle is what matters.

I think that's why rates.mobi hasn't been transferred..
Lebanon bid the name up and lost after 3300.00

:mad2:

Yes we do need to all email them.

If the buyer is ***ering domains that have not been paid yet probably Snap needs to know that too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering - if a domain now goes to the underbidder, is it at the highest price they bid in the original auction OR is it at the highest price they bid BEFORE the duel with the non-paying winner? That could mean a big price difference.

Scandiman
12-27-2009, 10:28 PM
That's a difficult situation PC, hard to prove lack of intent to pay. I know he's won and paid for other names via snap, but I don't know what's been paid for and transferred this time around. If he doesn't follow through on anything this time around and proves to be a deadbeat it is debatable that you should pay only your first highest bid over all the other auction participants and disregard his bidding.

What about this?

pcaero
12-27-2009, 10:30 PM
agreed.

Have emailed snap.

That's a difficult situation PC, hard to prove lack of intent to pay. I know he's won and paid for other names via snap, but I don't know what's been paid for and transferred this time around. If he doesn't follow through on anything this time around and proves to be a deadbeat it is debatable that you should pay only your first highest bid over all the other auction participants and disregard his bidding.

pchip
12-27-2009, 11:43 PM
What about this?

There's no way you should have to pay the price you paid for that name if he does prove to be a deadbeat bidder. Good Luck!

DomainTalker
12-28-2009, 12:52 AM
This bloke emails me almost everyday, hawking large lists of names, too...

It looks to me like he's bidding on names to win a Snap auction - then, trying to quickly get a deal from others (via his emails) to buy names from him, before he pays for them at Snap...

....I suspect that if he doesn't get any ***ers from his emails for a given domain, then he won't pay for them at Snap....? (he appears to have paid for Pizzas.mobi - prob 'cos he reckons he'll sell that for sure, in time).

This looks like a variation of a bid-scam play...

PC...I agree with you (and the others)...Your winning bid price looks like having been bid up by this drongo......And, where you came second (at a falsely bid-up price), giving it to you as second bidder is a falsely high price, as well...

I think Snap should re-auction these names...

I'd support you in helping pressure Snap about his, too...

youmo
12-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Snap are on the case.
I have emailed them several times and the issue got escalated today.

pcaero
12-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks

Hopefully gets resolved soon

Snap are on the case.
I have emailed them several times and the issue got escalated today.

pcaero
12-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Chris

Thanks for your help mate..

This bloke emails me almost everyday, hawking large lists of names, too...

It looks to me like he's bidding on names to win a Snap auction - then, trying to quickly get a deal from others (via his emails) to buy names from him, before he pays for them at Snap...

....I suspect that if he doesn't get any ***ers from his emails for a given domain, then he won't pay for them at Snap....? (he appears to have paid for Pizzas.mobi - prob 'cos he reckons he'll sell that for sure, in time).

This looks like a variation of a bid-scam play...

PC...I agree with you (and the others)...Your winning bid price looks like having been bid up by this drongo......And, where you came second (at a falsely bid-up price), giving it to you as second bidder is a falsely high price, as well...

I'd support you in helping pressure Snap about his, too...

photoman
12-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Another .mobi Auction fiasco...
I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Scandiman
12-28-2009, 05:10 AM

That's clearly an option for them if the buyer doesn't pay up, but I hope they first ***er the names to the next highest bidder.

photoman
12-28-2009, 05:48 AM
I wonder If "betting" and "coupon" went for more (@auction) due to this bidding.

Scandiman
12-28-2009, 05:56 AM
I wonder If "betting" and "coupon" went for more (@auction) due to this bidding.

Records indicate that the person in question who hasn't yet paid up for won auctions was not involved in the high bidding for coupon.

gogo
12-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi thanks for the info - I will quote it to them today.

https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctionsLegal.jsp

Live Auction Buyer Agreement...

Furthermore: https://www.snapnames.com/legal.jsp#terms

3. Bidding.

Following the successful completion of an auction for a particular domain, SnapNames will notify the winning bidder and attempt to collect payment. SnapNames may in our sole discretion require the winning bidder to tender payment to SnapNames in a manner of our choosing, including but not limited to credit card, check, or wire transfer. All fees collected by SnapNames are non-refundable, in whole or in part. In the event of a charge reversal or chargeback by a credit card company or other payment provider, or if we determine in our sole discretion that we are unable or unlikely to collect payment, any associated domain registration will immediately terminate and/or the domain name registration will be transferred to SnapNames as the paying entity for the registration. SnapNames may, in our sole discretion, award the reclaimed domain name to the next highest bidder in the relevant auction and charge such bidder their highest bid amount, or make the domain name subject to a new auction among bidders determined by SnapNames, or otherwise dispose of the name.

From their point of view the quickest and most lucrative is probably to sell at once to the next highest bidder at that person's highest bid made in the original auction. And the underbidder might see that as good, ie avoiding a new auction, new interest and maybe new bidders.

But what if the underbidder chooses to pass on that ***er? I don't think they can force anyone to buy after the auction has closed.

It will look very bad if they do not stick to the 7 day payment deadline, especially if names not paid for in the auction are already being ***ered for sale by the winning bidder.

BTW, does anyone else have doubts about accounts on sedo that have never bought anything suddenly making large ***ers?

Scandiman
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM

Actually I recounted the days, the auction ended on Dec 16 and since the TOS is for 7 business days the payment isn't delinquent until after today.

Pred
12-28-2009, 11:14 PM
i contacted snap other day. just heard back. here's what they have to say:

Thank you for contacting us. As we often do for long-term, active customers we have thoroughly vetted, payment arrangements have been made that allow for payment of the names over time. If the names ultimately fail to be paid for, we will re auction them or award them to the next highest bidder.

Thank you,
Koren Bartnik

discuss..............:popcorn:

pcaero
12-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I see

I'f that the case, then why is this individual trying to sell names he has not taken possession of...?

So I can bid on about 50k worth of names, withhold payment while I find a buyer and then presto...Payment sent...

Interesting.

DomainTalker
12-29-2009, 12:58 AM
I see

I'f that the case, then why is this individual trying to sell names he has not taken possession of...?

Well, in my book, that's seriously shady....He doesn't own the names, if he hasn't paid for them.

Imagine the vulnerable position of someone that pays him cash for a name that he doesn't technically own, nor has possession/control of.....At best its very bad practice (even if he pays Snap, then, on-transfers the name to the new buyer) - At worst, its open to theft & scam activity.

No auction house should aid & abet that by extending payment terms, imo.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
BOY
you said it....:biggrin:

Well, in my book, that's seriously shady....He doesn't own the names, if he hasn't paid for them.

Imagine the vulnerable position of someone that pays him cash for a name that he doesn't technically own, nor has possession/control of.....At best its very bad practice (even if he pays Snap, then, on-transfers the name to the new buyer) - At worst, its open to theft & scam activity.

No auction house should aid & abet that by extending payment terms, imo.

Scandiman
12-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Can anyone post an e-mail that was received trying to sell names that were not yet paid for and transferred?

youmo
12-29-2009, 01:53 AM

I received the exact same email.

So basically there are special rules and arrangements for different users. And they do not apply their TOS uniformly.

Snaonames has a huge cloud hanging over its head due to halvares, and on top of this we are informed there are special deals going on that put non-preferential users at a disadvantage. And potentially waste many people's time. The policies and lack of transparency at this company really sucks.

youmo
12-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Can anyone post an e-mail that was received trying to sell names that were not yet paid for and transferred?

The email is not worth posting, I think many of you have received similar emails from this guy. It just asks if you are interested in buying any of the names and lists approx 1000 mobi names and a bunch of .coms and .asias.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Sent to your email..

youmo
12-29-2009, 02:44 AM
I am wondering if we as a group outspent Lebanon?
This one individual received preferential treatment over a long list of people, assisting him in scooping a so many premium domains.

It sucks that snapnames has such a strategic position in the drop catching process, I would love to not have to use their services.

Scandiman
12-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Sent to your email.. Thanks PC, got it. I can clearly see a domain being ***ered for sale that is not in his possession according to both the whois as well as Snapnames showing it is still Payment Pending.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Just doesn't sit right with me...
I show the same..

Snap should know better..This is flat-out wrong
No matter how you look at it.

PC

Thanks PC, got it. I can clearly see a domain being ***ered for sale that is not in his possession according to both the whois as well as Snapnames showing it is still Payment Pending.

mediaadvantages
12-29-2009, 03:52 AM
I questioned this guy in the first place and let a few of you know of my concerns about him. I knew he wasn't right but didn't know exactly what was up. It brings up the question if Snap knew about him doing these things before since he is a "VIP Customer" in different words. After the issues snap had in the best it also makes me wonder if this guy works for snap and was trying to raise the prices on the majority of the auctions and figured worst case scenario is they would try to sell the domains after that auction or go back to the person who was second and say the buyer didn't pay so it goes to you at your last bid now. If you look at it, it's a win/win situation for snap if this is the case.

Scandiman
12-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Just doesn't sit right with me...
I show the same..

Snap should know better..This is flat-out wrong
No matter how you look at it.

PC

I can't hold snapnames accountable for the buyer trying to sell names he doesn't yet own. I don't know anything that connects the two besides the bidder/marketplace relationship. In the case of the name I was bidding on, as of the close of business today the payment is now delinquent and I will be contacting snapnames tomorrow for some action.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 05:00 AM
I can't hold snapnames accountable for the buyer trying to sell names he doesn't yet own. I don't know anything that connects the two besides the bidder/marketplace relationship.

In this particular case I disagree
Snapnames and the bidder should be held accountable.
Snapnames knowingly allowing a bidder to sell names NOT in his possession,(or paid for) poses a problem.
I can understand that snap was/is blind to the bidders dealings..
But at this point that is not the case..

NOT trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to understand your logic.
As far as the bidder having special/vip status this is a totally different issue. I thought the whole point of an auction is a level playing field.

Scandiman
12-29-2009, 05:15 AM
In this particular case I disagree
Snapnames and the bidder should be held accountable.
Snapnames knowingly allowing a bidder to sell names NOT in his possession,(or paid for) poses a problem.
I can understand that snap was/is blind to the bidders dealings..
But at this point that is not the case..

I guess my point is that snapnames doesn't control what anyone tries to sell privately. If someone was sending me e-mails ***ering your domains for sale, they could keep doing this every day for the rest of their lives regardless of whether or not you know about it because you have no power to allow or disallow their bad behavior.

NOT trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to understand your logic.

No feather ruffled, it's an important discussion.

As far as the bidder having special/vip status this is a totally different issue. I thought the whole point of an auction is a level playing field. Here I completely agree. The rules need to be applied even handed across the board. I'll report what I hear from snapnames tomorrow.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Cool :coo2l:

Agree on all points.
Nothing is ever simple and easy in mobiLAND :mad2:

PC

gogo
12-29-2009, 07:16 AM
The rules need to be applied even handed across the board.

I completely agree.

If the seven day payment deadline is not enforced the TOS become meaningless.

Maybe they were secretly extending the payment period for a few "big spenders" - for how long? Months? Years? Did they extract interest or extra commissions for the payment delay? Are they ***ering incentives to bid things up?

The cat is out of the bag here - I don't think a company with their reputation and credibility problems can do this any more - now any spoiler can join an auction, bid things way up, then not pay, or try to get terms to pay in installments.

I trust Snapnames auctions less than ever.

DomainTalker
12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
BOY

you said it :D

:D :D

The cat is out of the bag here.....now any spoiler can join an auction, bid things way up, then not pay, or try to get terms to pay in installments.

I trust Snapnames auctions less than ever.

Exactly.

This is very bad practice by Snapnames, imo...

Whilst Snap can't control what an individual does with a domain after an auction (and, I'm not suggesting they are party to any fraudulent activity, in this case), by extending payment terms to a bidder, their action facilitates that bidder's option to ***er that name for sale to a third party before they've paid for it - ie before they own/control that domain...

....This makes it tempting for an unscrupulous player to do a deal with Snap over extended payment terms, then bid on a large number of premium names, try to on-sell them, and, then, fail to pay Snap if he can't sell the names.

The under bidder is left being ***ered a domain at a price that has effectively been bid higher under false pretences. And Snap IS the beneficiary of that.

A key point, too, is that if Snapnames have a policy to extend favoured payment status to certain 'good customers', then, just how many bidders at Snapnames are doing this? And, how many auctions are being driven higher 'cos of the potential 'less-risk' 'good customer' bidders?.......Exactly how systemic is this practice at Snapnames....??!!

The solution, imo, is for an auction house to never ***er extended payment terms, in the first place.

Is there no end to Snapnames' tricky management practices??

Pred
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
SnapSucks.com is owned by snapnames
registered pretty near the start of their business
http://whois.domaintools.com/snapsucks.com

i guess they knew then what sort of service they were likely to be giving

i haven't checked but i'm sure if you wanted to do a tribute site, the domain :
SnapNamesSucksDonkeyBalls.com is probably available :biggrin:

youmo
12-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I think this is issue needs some coverage in the press!

Dave
12-29-2009, 06:36 PM
To be fair, and accurate, before we start another witch hunt, there are many names won by lebanon that he has paid for already.

In fact, I believe he's watching this thread, because he wrote to me today via e-mail to ask me to post these as sold (he made no particular mention of this thread) -- and as far as I can see, for the ones that I was also in on, he has paid for all of these. If anyone sees anything in this list that is NOT paid for, please let me know:

muhammad.mobi-$64.00 28-Dec-2009
dolls.mobi -$61.00 28-Dec-2009
anniversary.mobi -$325.00 28-Dec-2009
luxury.mobi -$526.00 28-Dec-2009
seats.mobi -$64.00 28-Dec-2009
businesses.mobi -$300.00 28-Dec-2009
banner.mobi -$61.00 28-Dec-2009
dealers.mobi -$71.00 28-Dec-2009
locals.mobi -$64.00 28-Dec-2009
males.mobi -$64.00 28-Dec-2009
developers.mobi -$180.00 28-Dec-2009
dvds.mobi -$606.00 28-Dec-2009
sites.mobi -$375.00 28-Dec-2009
classified.mobi -$160.00 28-Dec-2009
archive.mobi -$145.00 28-Dec-2009
inbox.mobi -$110.00 28-Dec-2009
graphics.mobi -$325.00 28-Dec-2009
gamers.mobi -$244.00 28-Dec-2009
traveler.mobi -$110.00 28-Dec-2009
architects.mobi -$110.00 28-Dec-2009
engineer.mobi -$74.00 28-Dec-2009
creditscores.mobi -$71.00 28-Dec-2009
creditreports.mobi -$145.00 28-Dec-2009
designs.mobi -$164.00 28-Dec-2009
ali.mobi -$81.00 15-Dec-2009
advertisements.mobi -$166.00 15-Dec-2009
cowboys.mobi -$110.00 15-Dec-2009
radios.mobi -$426.00 15-Dec-2009
877.mobi -$60.00 15-Dec-2009
onsale.mobi -$65.00 15-Dec-2009
hotgirl.mobi -$104.00 15-Dec-2009
hall.mobi -$64.00 15-Dec-2009
beatles.mobi -$59.00 15-Dec-2009
allnews.mobi -$999.00 15-Dec-2009
scouts.mobi -$1000.00 15-Dec-2009
discussions.mobi -$59.00 15-Dec-2009
allpages.mobi -$59.00 14-Dec-2009
staffing.mobi -$101.00 14-Dec-2009
series.mobi -$111.00 14-Dec-2009
locks.mobi -$61.00 14-Dec-2009
scm.mobi -$60.00 14-Dec-2009
spirits.mobi -$102.00 14-Dec-2009
exams.mobi -$61.00 14-Dec-2009
pizzas.mobi -$477.00 14-Dec-2009
stages.mobi -$59.00 14-Dec-2009
weekends.mobi -$61.00 13-Dec-2009
biscuits.mobi -$61.00 13-Dec-2009
hill.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
benjamin.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
ticketsales.mobi -$2000.00 13-Dec-2009
effects.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
adventures.mobi -$1100.00 13-Dec-2009
betpoker.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
rafting.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
echina.mobi -$1000.00 13-Dec-2009
mytaxi.mobi -$2500.00 13-Dec-2009
certificates.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
talents.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
ipods.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
419.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
internetbanking.mobi -$1000.00 13-Dec-2009
enfant.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
jerry.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
tvn.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
idownload.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
carts.mobi -$1400.00 13-Dec-2009
cheaper.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
directories.mobi -$1800.00 13-Dec-2009
cheapest.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
anderson.mobi -$1079.00 13-Dec-2009
pods.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
suggestions.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
voices.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
aircrafts.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
discuss.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
smiles.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
hairstylist.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
tops.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
stocktrade.mobi -$2200.00 13-Dec-2009
requests.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
interests.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
724.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
recover.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
letters.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
steps.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
keys.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
select.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
sara.mobi -$1005.00 13-Dec-2009
stadium.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
subscriber.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
bestpizza.mobi -$1050.00 13-Dec-2009
finder.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
count.mobi -$59.00 13-Dec-2009
newsfeed.mobi -$1200.00 13-Dec-2009

Considering how much he HAS paid for already, I'd have to say that he has a lot of faith in the success of .mobi!

Tim
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
looking at the final price of these names confuses me profoundly as to the value of names.

Dave
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
looking at the final price of these names confuses me profoundly as to the value of names.
I think a lot of the variation has to do with luck -- people trying to catch the names in other ways and venues. I believe that if everyone trying to catch on their own or using Pool or avoiding Snapnames in general for other reasons had all used Snap, we would have seen very few if any names going for $59. But of course, that's just speculation...no way to prove it, obviously.

Tim
12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Here are my WTF's
sara.mobi -$1005.00 13-Dec-2009
carts.mobi -$1400.00 13-Dec-2009

and these are my double dog WTF's

mediaadvantages
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Dag.... I think Tim is referring to the extremely high prices of some names that aren't that special. Maybe this is just my opinion. But I don't see any of the names below worth even a quarter of what he paid for them.

lol....i edited to explain tim's wtf and he posted right before me to explain.

Dave
12-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, I see what you mean, of course -- I was focusing on why so many otherwise good names were at $59 while names like those were so high.

Can't explain those prices (although I think scouts.mobi is understandable), other than assuming that there were possible end users involved in those.

Scandiman
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM
To be fair, and accurate, before we start another witch hunt, there are many names won by lebanon that he has paid for already.

Now I'm confused who "lebanon" is, whois on some in your list say the registrant is Nidal Elkadri in Beruit Lebanon while previous "lebanon" wins are registered to naim kadri in Gatineau Quebec Canada. :confused2:

Dave
12-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Now I'm confused who "lebanon" is, whois on some in your list say the registrant is Nidal Elkadri in Beruit Lebanon while previous "lebanon" wins are registered to naim kadri in Gatineau Quebec Canada. :confused2:
It's the same person, I think...he goes by Nidal in the e-mails I've received.

mediaadvantages
12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Dag, I would disagree with this statement. "Considering how much he HAS paid for already, I'd have to say that he has a lot of faith in the success of .mobi!"

If that was true he wouldn't be trying to sell them before he actually pays for them.

Dave
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Dag, I would disagree with this statement. "Considering how much he HAS paid for already, I'd have to say that he has a lot of faith in the success of .mobi!"

If that was true he wouldn't be trying to sell them before he actually pays for them.

Okay, then, he has a lot of faith that there are still a lot of .mobi buyers out there willing to spend more than $60 on decent domains. Better? :rolleyes2:

youmo
12-29-2009, 08:51 PM

I would say that as well as faith you need to have a sense of what is good for the TLD. Grabbing every premium name you can and throwing them in the vault is not going to help the overall amount of content out there and thus increase usage and awareness of the TLD.

Without sounding like a sore loser, I honestly can say I would feel a little embarrassed at scooping so many names at one time. Its his right of course, and with a differed payment scheme in place, it probably makes good business sense. Its just a bit over the top.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Same person or group.

pcaero
12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
On another note: look at the rates.mobi auction..
He and another fellow took it up to 3300.00..

He lost the name, but it still shows snapnames.

gogo
12-29-2009, 10:46 PM

In fact, I believe he's watching this thread, because he wrote to me today via e-mail to ask me to post these as sold (he made no particular mention of this thread) -- and as far as I can see, for the ones that I was also in on, he has paid for all of these. If anyone sees anything in this list that is NOT paid for, please let me know:

Why not ask him to post the list himself? And ask him to inform Snapnames that he accepts that he has lost all the names that he has now not paid within the 7 business days deadline? That would show good faith and a spirit of fairness, and solve Snapnames' latest problem very nicely - all they need to do then is say that in future any purchase not paid in 7 business days is cancelled, with a penalty fee to the non-paying person.

Pred
12-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Dag.... I think Tim is referring to the extremely high prices of some names that aren't that special. Maybe this is just my opinion. But I don't see any of the names below worth even a quarter of what he paid for them.

lol....i edited to explain tim's wtf and he posted right before me to explain.

tell me he didnt pay these prices?
it's a windup yeah?

mediaadvantages
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Whats his email address? I would like to send him an email of some names I have for sale since he is willing to pay high prices for mediocre names. :)

By the way. I'd like the email addresses of whoever decided to go this high with him since it takes at least two people to get the auction that high. lol

Dave
12-30-2009, 12:23 AM
tell me he didnt pay these prices?
it's a windup yeah?
Was anyone else here in those auctions? Are they indeed all paid for?

By the way, he claimed that the person dropping all of these was in fact someone who died in an accident. That's the first I've heard of that theory...just thought I'd mention it.

mediaadvantages
12-30-2009, 12:26 AM
i can tell you that he did pay for some today. not sure how many but i am seeing about 20 that he hasn't. also the maxbid guy has a couple very very high dollar ones that haven't been paid for either.

mediaadvantages
12-30-2009, 12:37 AM
showing he has not paid for the following

agencies.mobi
articles.mobi
artists.mobi
bankrupt.mobi
bids.mobi (maxbid is highest at $1,863 driven up there with lebanon the whole way)
contests.mobi
degrees.mobi (he ran a mobility member at $2,112 from $153)
dive.mobi
fans.mobi
freelance.mobi
goals.mbi
herbal.mobi
properties.mobi (ran a mobility member to $903)
rates.mobi (lebanon and maxbid all the way to $3,303. Next high bidder at $801)
reservations.mobi (maxbid has it at $1,400)
rewards.mobi
rings.mobi

youmo
12-30-2009, 03:03 AM
showing he has not paid for the following

agencies.mobi
articles.mobi
artists.mobi
bankrupt.mobi
bids.mobi (maxbid is highest at $1,863 driven up there with lebanon the whole way)
contests.mobi
degrees.mobi (he ran a mobility member at $2,112 from $153)
dive.mobi
fans.mobi
freelance.mobi
goals.mbi
herbal.mobi
properties.mobi (ran a mobility member to $903)
rates.mobi (lebanon and maxbid all the way to $3,303. Next high bidder at $801)
reservations.mobi (maxbid has it at $1,400)
rewards.mobi
rings.mobi

There are a bunch more he hasn't paid for yet.

mediaadvantages
12-30-2009, 03:09 AM
youmo...those were just the ones i was in the same auction.

Dave
12-30-2009, 05:02 AM
I spoke with him again via e-mail about this, and he has no interest in posting here about it. He's a bit peeved about some of the speculation about him, though, and to some degree, I don't blame him. The only thing questionable he may have done is to try to sell names that he hasn't paid for, if that indeed has been the case. Otherwise, if Snapnames has extended a payment plan to him, that's between them and him.

I don't know him personally, and certainly don't intend to be an apologist for him -- just looking at it from the other side. I like to be fair and all...

Scandiman
12-30-2009, 05:24 AM

I'm not interested in any witch hunts and already noted that lebanon had previously paid for names won in auction. What I don't understand here though is how I get zapped on my CC almost immediately by snapnames for names won while someone else can go literally weeks without payment. I too would like to delay my payments as long as possible. I sent e-mail to snapnames last night about the seven day payment requirement having expired but they did not respond at all today.

Tom
12-30-2009, 05:30 AM
The only thing questionable he may have done is to try to sell names that he hasn't paid for, if that indeed has been the case.
Seriously.... who hasn't done that? ;-)

I don't really see a problem here. As Dave said, this is between him and Snap. Either they work something out, or I'm sure Snap will resolve this another way according to their standard procedures. Auctions go unpaid for every day, they know how to handle it. They don't need tons of people emailing them bitching about how they run their business. They don't care if you like it or not, if you want a name bad enough you'll still use their service. Of course it's a little frustrating to lose auctions to someone with bigger pockets than you, but that's how the game is played. Doesn't make this guy some sort of criminal. :rolleyes:

Dave
12-30-2009, 05:37 AM
I don't really see a problem here. As Dave said, this is between him and Snap. Either they work something out, or I'm sure Snap will resolve this another way. Auctions go unpaid for every day, they know how to handle it. They don't need tons of people emailing them bitching about how they run their business. They don't care if you like it or not, if you want a name bad enough you'll still use their service. Of course it's a little frustrating to lose auctions to someone with bigger pockets than you, but that's how the game is played. Doesn't make this guy some sort of criminal. :rolleyes:
Indeed...and continuing along those lines...

Nidal read what was posted here just a little while ago and sent me this as a response to it. He gave me permission to post it here...which I am doing verbatim:

Hello Dave,

I had a look at the posts now. I really feel sad for what everyone said.
I am a real and honest person in my life. I made arrangements with snapnames from the first day and i am not a VIP member and snapnames do not have it. However, i am using snapnames since day 1 in business.
My Name is Nidal Kadri and i am living in ottawa canada. My self i am a lawyer and have masters degree in project management. I have the right myself to promote the domains i have won through the auction until the arranged day with snapnames which i did not exceed it.

I paid the list i have sent to you and other list a week before which i did not send it to you. I have still around 25 domains ready to be paid today and tomorrow.

I will make those who put threads on mobility cry because they did not count to 10. They just started to talk about me and as if i am HALVARIS which i personally was one of his victims and in my long term i do not look to the couple of thousands. I just plan things strategically.

One of the members today told me if you do not agree to the ***er i have to you in one of your domains i will open the debate at mobility.

As you see, always i have the evidence with the reported sales or the whois of my domains shows my admin. I do not have time for debates and i am not a member at any of the forums in my life. I work myself 16 hours a day like dogs so better for these newbie domainers to learn and start thinking on how life is.

Yes: i believe in dot mobi and i reserved $100k for 2010 and on any other drops only on snapnames. Everyone of them should watch and i will open a new account not under my username: LEBANON - which is still active and is also my country.

regards,
Nidal Kadri
Ottawa Canada

Scandiman
12-30-2009, 05:37 AM
I spoke with him again via e-mail about this, and he has no interest in posting here about it. He's a bit peeved about some of the speculation about him, though, and to some degree, I don't blame him. The only thing questionable he may have done is to try to sell names that he hasn't paid for, if that indeed has been the case. Otherwise, if Snapnames has extended a payment plan to him, that's between them and him.

What is clear is names were being ***ered for sale that were still in the possession of snapnames. More a case of haste than deception IMO.

As for extended payment plans, Lebanon isn't responsible for Snapnames decisions to extend their terms, but it's reasonable for other snapnames customers to expect them to be even handed.

Dave
12-30-2009, 05:41 AM
As for extended payment plans, Lebanon isn't responsible for Snapnames decisions to extend their terms, but it's reasonable for other snapnames customers to expect them to be even handed.
I agree completely. It's just unfortunate that some people are making him out to be the villain here -- it comes *** sounding like sour grapes.

Scandiman
12-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Seriously.... who hasn't done that? ;-)

EG, you can count me on the list of those who has not tried to sell any domain names not in my possession.

Scandiman
12-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Indeed...and continuing along those lines...

Nidal read what was posted here just a little while ago and sent me this as a response to it. He gave me permission to post it here...which I am doing verbatim:

Quote:

Hello Dave,

I had a look at the posts now. I really feel sad for what everyone said.
I am a real and honest person in my life. I made arrangements with snapnames from the first day and i am not a VIP member and snapnames do not have it. However, i am using snapnames since day 1 in business.
My Name is Nidal Kadri and i am living in ottawa canada. My self i am a lawyer and have masters degree in project management. I have the right myself to promote the domains i have won through the auction until the arranged day with snapnames which i did not exceed it.

I paid the list i have sent to you and other list a week before which i did not send it to you. I have still around 25 domains ready to be paid today and tomorrow.

I will make those who put threads on mobility cry because they did not count to 10. They just started to talk about me and as if i am HALVARIS which i personally was one of his victims and in my long term i do not look to the couple of thousands. I just plan things strategically.

One of the members today told me if you do not agree to the ***er i have to you in one of your domains i will open the debate at mobility.

As you see, always i have the evidence with the reported sales or the whois of my domains shows my admin. I do not have time for debates and i am not a member at any of the forums in my life. I work myself 16 hours a day like dogs so better for these newbie domainers to learn and start thinking on how life is.

Yes: i believe in dot mobi and i reserved $100k for 2010 and on any other drops only on snapnames. Everyone of them should watch and i will open a new account not under my username: LEBANON - which is still active and is also my country.

regards,
Nidal Kadri
Ottawa Canada

It's nice to know a little more about another .mobi enthusiast. It's regrettable anyone would try to coerce a sale price based on threats of public embarrassment.

Scandiman
12-30-2009, 05:56 AM
duplicate post

Dave
12-30-2009, 06:10 AM
It's regrettable anyone would try to coerce a sale price based on threats of public embarrassment.
I had the same thought. If it's true -- and I do believe he's telling the truth -- that's shameful.

pcaero
12-30-2009, 06:14 AM
EG, you can count me on the list of those who has not tried to sell any domain names not in my possession.

Ditto.

Well case closed. Time to move on.

pcaero
12-30-2009, 06:15 AM
I had the same thought. If it's true -- and I do believe he's telling the truth -- that's shameful.

agreed.

Tim
12-30-2009, 07:31 AM
I hope he enjoys my drops. If'n he wants, he can email me and I'll sell my drops for $10 each because he has been victimized here.

DomainTalker
12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Sounds like he's a legit investor...Perhaps it'd be wiser to ***er for sale only names that've been transferred into one's possession....Saves this kind of misunderstanding.

Snapnames can ***er whatever TOS, or deals, they like to their customers, of course....I still think they'd be wiser (and fairer) to ***er the same terms to all bidders - regardless of the amount of business any bidder does with them.....Again, saves confusion.

photoman
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
I hope Nidal can join our discussions here at mobility!

gogo
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
It seems that auctions for names that were not paid for are now being re-run, excluding the previous highest bidder.

mediaadvantages
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Nidal if you are reading this. I counted to 10 and some of your auctions restarted. lol

Scandiman
01-03-2010, 01:43 AM
It seems that auctions for names that were not paid for are now being re-run, excluding the previous highest bidder.

Yup, I'm glad to see Snapnames keep to their word that if payment wasn't completed by Jan 1 then things would restart.

Pred
01-03-2010, 01:42 PM
it seems not all maxbid winning auctions have restarted

youmo
01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I still have a couple of pendings in my account that havenn't restarted.

Am I right in thinking, all restarting auctions relate to maxbid, not lebanon?

Lebanon has paid for all his names.

Scandiman
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM

No, and at least one has restarted that I'm aware of

Dave
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I still have a couple of pendings in my account that havenn't restarted.

Am I right in thinking, all restarting auctions relate to maxbid, not lebanon?

No...all the restarting auctions are lebanon. Maxbid's were still pending as of yesterday...

youmo
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
So despite Ledanon's payment arrangement and the intention to invest substantial amount in mobi in 2010, he is still delinquent on some auctions. And maxbid is also delinquent. They bit *** more than they could chew. Glad to see snapnames doing the right thing.

noonoo1
01-03-2010, 11:52 PM
They seem to be handling the situation better than Sedo ever did.

So despite Ledanon's payment arrangement and the intention to invest substantial amount in mobi in 2010, he is still delinquent on some auctions. And maxbid is also delinquent. They bit *** more than they could chew. Glad to see snapnames doing the right thing.

mediaadvantages
01-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Here is the email I received today regarding Bids.mobi, Rates.mobi and Reservations.mobi. I asked if Lebanon would be allowed in one of the auctions. Maxbid won the auction and Lebanon was second.

Thank you for contacting us.

We are awaiting payment for the domain name. We sometimes extend payment
arrangements for customers. It appears that this is the case with the domain
names in question.

If we are unable to receive payment from the high bidder, we will either choose
to award the domain name to the second bidder or to re-run the auction for the
domain name. We would contact you by email if we choose to re-run the auction.

I cannot provide any information about who would be in the auction, but if the
name is re-auctioned, you will be able to see everyone that is involved.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
Dorothy Placencio
Client Services Representative
Oversee Domain Services
Supporting Moniker, SnapNames & DomainSponsor