PDA

View Full Version : MFG.mobi sold for $2,750

Dave
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Just saw this reported at DomainNameNews.com, as part of a report on recent Sedo sales...

http://www.domainnamenews.com/domain-sales/sedo-sells-callcom-11-million-reports-2-million-weekly-sales/5905

(On a "related note," it also reports that MobilityScooters.org sold for $1,500...) :laugh:

blitzpotz
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Great news!

The buyer is a German.
mfg is used as the short form of "Mit freundlichen Grüßen" = With kind regards.

Pred
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
great to see being used as a redirect already
lets hope they build out as a stand alone
at very least i would imagine they will promote mobi in a small way as otherwise pointless shelling cash out
lets hope lots of german buyers come looking for lll.mobi
i have a 'few' :biggrin:

DomainTalker
09-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Nice sale in today's market, that.

blitzpotz
09-03-2009, 06:15 AM
great to see being used as a redirect alreadyMy guess that the name could be used in the sense of the acronym (regards -> greeting cards, MMS, chat) was wrong.
As Pred discovered there will be a use for ride share/car pool (MitFahrGelegenheiten). The buyer of mfg also owns mfz.mobi (MitFahrZentrale).

Carpooling seems to be a growing sector in Germany. Recently one or two other mobi start-ups in this sector have been presented here.

ChineseDomain
09-03-2009, 06:35 AM
My guess that the name could be used in the sense of the acronym (regards -> greeting cards, MMS, chat) was wrong.
As Pred discovered there will be a use for ride share/car pool (MitFahrGelegenheiten). The buyer of mfg also owns mfz.mobi (MitFahrZentrale).

Carpooling seems to be a growing sector in Germany. Recently one or two other mobi start-ups in this sector have been presented here.

MFZ.mobi was sold in sedo by Mobility member in July or August.
The buyer is a big end user.

When more and more end users go .mobi, big cash will follow :)

noonoo1
09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
You are soo right CD :biggrin:

vikrantjain22
09-03-2009, 07:54 AM
My guess that the name could be used in the sense of the acronym (regards -> greeting cards, MMS, chat) was wrong.

Good Luck on Carpooling.mobi :laugh:

blitzpotz
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Good Luck on Carpooling.mobi :laugh:Well, it is not the best term for the business. But some reg time left to watch. My Mitfahrzentrale.mobi is better. :biggrin:

HipHop.mobi
09-03-2009, 09:55 AM
good news, prices are recovering

Pred
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
MFZ.mobi was sold in sedo by Mobility member in July or August.
The buyer is a big end user.

When more and more end users go .mobi, big cash will follow :)

how much did mfz sell for?

ChineseDomain
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
how much did mfz sell for?

mfz.mobi 2009-07-30 888 USD

From: http://www.domainpulse.com/2009/08/16/strong-sedo-sales-topped-by-servercom/

Pred
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
mfz.mobi 2009-07-30 888 USD

From: http://www.domainpulse.com/2009/08/16/strong-sedo-sales-topped-by-servercom/

cheers
rimd

blitzpotz
12-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Good Luck on Carpooling.mobi :laugh:Carpooling .mobi sold on SEDO now. 400,- € = ca. $570,-

Transfer still has to be started. A quicky like Christmas sale. Income will be used for some January renewals.

Good luck to the registrants of Carpool and Carsharing. Someone is collecting names out there.

Accent
12-26-2009, 06:14 PM
This seems to be use of the Mobi extension to mean transportation - NOT directed particularly at mobile phones. I had never considered the possibility.

But heck, if they have the money, I'll sell to 'em.

photoman
12-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Very good news indeed, thanks for sharing!

pchip
12-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Carpooling .mobi sold on SEDO now. 400,- € = ca. $570,-

Transfer still has to be started. A quicky like Christmas sale. Income will be used for some January renewals.

Good luck to the registrants of Carpool and Carsharing. Someone is collecting names out there.

That's awesome :laugh: Congrats on the sale!!

blitzpotz
12-26-2009, 08:06 PM
This seems to be use of the Mobi extension to mean transportation - NOT directed particularly at mobile phones. I had never considered the possibility.Look here, another .mobi in transportation: petshipping .mobi and (German) tiertransport .mobi http://www.petshipping.com/de/latest/petshipping.mobi-ist-online.php

The mother is petshipping .com.

.mobi may not only stand for cell-/smartphone websites but might be the DN platform for any location changing purpose and dynamic processes in the future.

Accent
12-26-2009, 09:23 PM
... location changing purpose and dynamic processes in the future.

Consciousness.mobi

Throw *** your rigid Com-sciousness

vikrantjain22
12-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Carpooling .mobi sold on SEDO now. 400,- € = ca. $570,-

Where's the mandatory Rep