PDA

View Full Version : Site maps & auto generators

Pitchman101
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Can any one please tell me if automatic site map generators are the real deal and if there is one better than others?.
How do they work?. Do you still need to cut & paste into the header and if so, then what good are automatic site map generators if you still are having to do this?.
I have multiple sites to generate site maps and am looking for a way to get it done painlessly.:hmmmm2:

Utilising a link check tool,I noticed that google had no links to some sights that should have links and many other search engines have links I realy did not expect.
I have never done a sight map on any of my sights accept a free service for a few.
these few sights seem to have more links.
Any advise?:dontknow:

Scandiman
08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
When I opened this thread I was hoping you were sharing an auto mobile site map generator. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming for the day...:laugh:

Pitchman101
08-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Has anyone used automaticsitemap.com and if so, does it work, or waste of money?.

developmy.mobi
08-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Google provides a free template to help you get started with an XML sitemap. Then using their Webmaster Tools, you can submit it to them.

You can learn a lot by going to:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

Never pay for anything like this. With a little bit of research you can get it done for free.

developmy.mobi
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm working on a mobile site map generator. However it still has a few bugs. It scans your site for URLs, however URL's with a # in it get broken. You can still use it, but please scan the XML first. If there is a URL in there that is broken, or doesn't belong: REMOVE IT. When I scan coders.mobi I get URL's like http://coders.mobiArchives

Sorry, had to remove the link. There are a few other bugs.

I may come up with a different solution where you manually enter your URLs. Submit this to Google, and as long as there are no broken links, it should work.

:)

morse
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Personal opinion - Sitemaps are not that really important if you are targeting specifically for Google SERPS, but they are somewhat important if you are targeting for Yahoo and Bing SERPS.