PDA

View Full Version : set up an e-mail account

Pitchman101
08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Had to post and let newbies now that when I started development of .mobi's, I made the mistake of using my personal e-mail as the place for info about that site to be sent to.
BIG MISTAKE. If your going to develop multiple sites as I have, one of the first things to set up is an e-mail account for each website. This allows you to track your response to that perticular site without having to search through seeing what was sent for what account like my first go around. Pain in the a**.
Also allows for a contact list to be automatically generated. I have a central e-mail address for all lottery information comeing from everything but what I would consider mailing list material, and then all contacts by customers go to an e-mail dirrectly designed for me to track interested partys that may be valuable to me in the future.( thus creating a mailing list)
Also. I have set up twitter acounts for each individual site and many/all? social networks do not allow you to have an e-mail account ***ered for more than one social network account.
So to me,its important to make an e-mail account individualy. It is a easy way to create a list of your clients and only takes a fiew ninutes of your time to set up.
Good luck to all and I'm looking forward to seeing your DEVELOPED SITES.:biggrin:

developmy.mobi
08-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Paul,

You can also set up an email account for the domain through each site.. IE: [email protected]

fij99
08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Creating your own mail on domain has its advantages and disadvantages as well. I like to keep everything centralized, and for that Gmail is the best option without doubt.