PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest .mobi Domain Name?

jenHenry
06-14-2009, 01:26 PM
From where can i get this domain name for cheap?

Regards
Jen. Henry

Scandiman
06-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Are you wondering who is the cheapest domain registrar such as GoDaddy or Moniker?

mandilon
09-20-2009, 07:05 AM
I would say 1and1 is amongst the cheapest though also the trashiest of registrars.

CommerceMobile.fr
12-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Godaddy $7.99 and Moniker $7.29 are the cheapest at the moment. Let us know if you find a registrar below those prices.

newton
12-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Do not use 1 and 1 even if your life depends on it ;)

Scandiman
12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Do not use 1 and 1 even if your life depends on it ;) 100% agreed for domain registration but their hosting has been good for me.

andymoore
12-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Friend you can use this site xnynz.com .This provides the .mobi at cheap cost..

Friend, nah...... I hate that; actually I find it egregiously shallow.....

It's a GoDaddy reseller! Yuck! Why pay the reseller a cut when you can cut out the middle (spammy url dropping one *** posting) man and deal direct?

At $14.99 a year someone is taking the proverbial.

As for 1&1 - I know folks who rate them and folks who don't. Personally speaking they're not for me.

Whatever you do, one vital tip is to register your name from one company and host it elsewhere with another.

That way your host can never hold your name to ransom on you and if your host goes down the pan your name isn't flushed with them.

Scandiman
12-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Whatever you do, one vital tip is to register your name from one company and host it elsewhere with another.

That way your host can never hold your name to ransom on you and if your host goes down the pan your name isn't flushed with them.

Truer words haven't been written in this forum.

andymoore
12-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I found out that one the hard way with a .co.uk since then I dealt direct with Nominet then went all the way and became a tag holder.

Hard lesson to learn, take it from me it hurt!

newton
12-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Best hosting companies who I have personally used / use (I have tried a lot) -
cyberwurx.com
reflected.net
mojohost.com

Registrars pretty much all the same with no real benefits
enom - expensive for mobi's
moniker - meh
godaddy - meh
directi - meh

I wish fabulous would allow people to register mobi's and i would be there in a heartbeat.

mandilon
12-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I bought a .mobi URL from Namecheap "thinking that I needed one."

After I saw m.facebook.com's mobi subdomain I thought If facebook doesn't need one why did I?

xnynz.com are RESELLERS of the thieves at godaddy.com

BEFORE I purchase/do business with online vultures 'now-a-days,' I type their name into rip***report.com's THIEF SEARCH ENGINE.

Try 1and1.com AND godaddy.com for a SURPRISE!

1and1.com and godaddy.com STOLE monies from me (amongst others like hostway.com et al) and they WILL PAY A THOUSAND-FOLD, if it's the last thing i do!

I'm waiting-out the 1 year mobi URL to EXPIRE.

Happy Holidays TO ALL & God Bless!

Scandiman
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I bought a .mobi URL from Namecheap "thinking that I needed one."

After I saw m.facebook.com's mobi subdomain I thought If facebook doesn't need one why did I?

xnynz.com are RESELLERS of the thieves at godaddy.com

BEFORE I purchase/do business with online vultures 'now-a-days,' I type their name into rip***report.com's THIEF SEARCH ENGINE.

Try 1and1.com AND godaddy.com for a SURPRISE!

1and1.com and godaddy.com STOLE monies from me (amongst others like hostway.com et al) and they WILL PAY A THOUSAND-FOLD, if it's the last thing i do!

I'm waiting-out the 1 year mobi URL to EXPIRE.

Happy Holidays TO ALL & God Bless!

With such a joyful post you really do need a Happy Holiday. :laugh:

Best of luck with your registrar revenge. Please let us know how that's working out for you.

photoman
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
I have my .mobi hosted with GD
they have been good so far...

mandilon
12-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Best of luck with your registrar revenge. Please let us know how that's working out for you.

I'm playing with this idea:

1000-top-internet-thieves-and-scum-of-the-earth.info

LOOK @ these thieves........
rip***report.com/Search/godaddy_com.aspx
godaddy_com
Approximately 75 Reports Found
Showing 1 - 15

rip***report.com/Search/1and1_com.aspx
1and1_com
Approximately 21 Reports Found
Showing 1 - 15

If I'd known about rip***report.com I wouldn't have dealt with these thieves.

.....aiming to show these links to AT LEAST 1 million PAIRS of eyeballs (hopefully MORE)!

vistaxie
12-28-2009, 08:33 AM
hexonet.net i am there,for 19.50USD

andymoore
12-28-2009, 08:48 AM
And the prices being posted are getting more and more expensive!!

I'll happily charge twice that if I can find anyone stuuupid enough to pay.......

;)

vistaxie
12-28-2009, 08:52 AM
:confused2: so can you let us know which is the best cheapest domainregistar for .mobi?

And the prices being posted are getting more and more expensive!!

I'll happily charge twice that if I can find anyone stuuupid enough to pay.......

;)

andymoore
12-28-2009, 08:54 AM
best + cheapest

not always words you find together in the real world.

vistaxie
12-28-2009, 08:56 AM
then can you let me know your choice?

andymoore
12-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't mind paying a few extra dollars in order to get access to the enom api. I also like the way our company name comes up as the registrar on some reports.

Others puke at the prices they charge but an email to sales gets a couple of bucks *** listed prices sometimes.

GoDaddy are cheap enough most of the time but the site pisses me ***, every single corner is an upsell and that's if i'm lucky enough to be able to log in without having to ring the states and get the password reset.

I take it you're part of the team at 1api / hexonet?

vistaxie
12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
no ,i am not part of the team ,just reg some domains there before and maybe i will transfre my domains to godaddy or somethere else