PDA

View Full Version : register and leave

Pitchman101
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I was ckecking the members list just to check out some of the ingenious names people use, and noticed many people register and then don't come back to mobility.mobi.
It may be as high as 50%. :bawling:
I just wanted to post and let the newer than me's, now that they are missing out on a very good opportunity here to pick the brains of some very talented individuals whom have made a living, as well as a life out of .mobi. you should realy check back for a while and get involved. get into some of these guys and gals heads.:2in1:

then if you find its not for you, I sincerally hope you succeed in whatever venture you persue.
I happen to see the value in associating with a group of individuals whom are in a position to mentor me, and thats wourth alittle more of my time. :party:
Pitchman101:coo2l:

newdomainer
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Pitchman,

I know that a lot of new members are only here to spam the forum (indeed many forums) with their scamming adverts for non-existent hardware (phones/laptops etc..) so they can steal from others... the Mods here do an excellent job of removing these 'irritants' as soon as they're spotted... that may account for a number of non-returning members (just my guess..)

What's your interest in dotmobi? have you been into them for long?

Gerry
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I second that bit on the spammers. Not uncommon at all to have several per day.

Here is another domain forum's numbers:

Members: Total 76,456
Currently Active Users: 1069

My calculator is broken. But I think that is less than a 50% ratio.

Pitchman101
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
ya gerry
I was just scrolling down the list and it looked like half the registrants only signed up that day and never came back. it appears to be around 1.5% acording to your numbers. Pitchman

Scandiman
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I second that bit on the spammers. Not uncommon at all to have several per day.

About 500 have been banned from Mobility, many more to come no doubt.

andymoore
06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
How about sending out some weekly lists of hot topics to all who sign up and who's prefs allow mailings?

Cron > Mail

New threads
Hot threads
Latest news
Include link to login, password reminder
Include forward to a friend

It's a simple idea and it can be automated, depending on how well you know the tables in the background you could get it to mail all members who've not logged in for 60 days to come back etc...

newdomainer
06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
How about sending out some weekly lists of hot topics to all who sign up and who's prefs allow mailings?

Cron > Mail

New threads
Hot threads
Latest news
Include link to login, password reminder
Include forward to a friend

It's a simple idea and it can be automated, depending on how well you know the tables in the background you could get it to mail all members who've not logged in for 60 days to come back etc...

I'd place a bet that you were born with the word 'genius' tattooed on your ****! lol :coo2l:

That is a simple, obvious and brilliant idea... so simple, so obvious that I didn't come up with it..... :embarassed:

GijsZePa
06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I'd place a bet that you were born with the word 'genius' tattooed on your ****! lol :coo2l:

That's a coincedence.....me too..

Martin

andymoore
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes but only on the left cheek, on the right it says stupid.

For every moment of genius I have I have an equally powerful moment of stupid.

Example:

Genius: Jumps up to shout whoooohoooo at parsing gigs of XML

Stupid: Bangs head on cupboard door whilst doing so

And the genius stupid balance is restored.

As a mate said to me: "You're dead clever but you're stupid enough to walk into a glass door" and he was proven right when I was last at Hull Ferry Terminal. Walked into a glass wall, no wonder they performed a search of my bag before letting me leave the UK!

It goes someway to showing the two extremes of my personalities!