PDA

View Full Version : I just sold SmartDating.mobi for $650 at Sedo

Dave
05-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Payment just went through today on this sale at Sedo! I'm pleased with the price... :thumbsup:

think
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Nice sale Dag Congratz

Tom
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Nice work :)

newton
05-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Nicely done mate :)

newdomainer
05-06-2009, 11:10 PM
well done, tell me - how did it go to SEDO? was it a straightforward ***er or auction or did you have to negotiate a lot? :coo2l:

Dave
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
well done, tell me - how did it go to SEDO? was it a straightforward ***er or auction or did you have to negotiate a lot? :coo2l:

It was an ***er via Sedo from an unknown party, and after a couple of back-and-forth counter***ers, I settled on $650 and opted not to go to auction, as I didn't suspect that it would get bid up right now. I probably could have pushed for a bit more in the negotiations, but I was happy with this and didn't want to risk losing it.

coast
05-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Congrats and nicely done! I agree, it was best not to send this one to auction.

Pred
05-07-2009, 08:36 AM
congrats
handled sensibly

newdomainer
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
It was an ***er via Sedo from an unknown party, and after a couple of back-and-forth counter***ers, I settled on $650 and opted not to go to auction, as I didn't suspect that it would get bid up right now. I probably could have pushed for a bit more in the negotiations, but I was happy with this and didn't want to risk losing it.

I think you did the right thing... well handled.. are you happy to disclose what the 1st ***er was?
I ask because I have names on SEDO (worth $500 for example) with no asking price, I receive a $100 ***er (for example) and I counter with $495 (for example) and struggle to raise the bar... ending up with no sale or a sale at $250...

It's worse when someone bids $100 on a $1,000 name because when I counter with $1,000 I often never hear from them again....

I know some have silly prices as their asking prices - $100,000 etc.. and then end up selling for $500 but that just makes a mockery of it (or does it?) :hmmmm2: -

I'm sure others here will tell me where my strategy is going wrong :embarassed:

vikrantjain22
05-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Congrats Dag

Dave
05-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I think you did the right thing... well handled.. are you happy to disclose what the 1st ***er was?
I ask because I have names on SEDO (worth $500 for example) with no asking price, I receive a $100 ***er (for example) and I counter with $495 (for example) and struggle to raise the bar... ending up with no sale or a sale at $250...

It's worse when someone bids $100 on a $1,000 name because when I counter with $1,000 I often never hear from them again....

I know some have silly prices as their asking prices - $100,000 etc.. and then end up selling for $500 but that just makes a mockery of it (or does it?) :hmmmm2: -

I'm sure others here will tell me where my strategy is going wrong :embarassed:
Well, I was fortunate in this case that the initial ***er was $500, so I knew they were serious. I countered with $1000.

I think that if you believe there is real value in a name, you should at least counter with $1000, if not more. However, if it's a name you didn't care too much about anyway and someone only makes a minimum bid, maybe just either counter low or send it to auction and see what happens...

Maguire
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Nice sale.

So, the secret is to sell oxymoronic domain names.

I never did anything smart on a date or anything I would want my resting in peace gray-haired Mother to know what I did. Or the other party's Mother for that matter either.

I have to learn how to use that Sedo.

Never quite figured it out.

I listed some domains but, I think you have to pay them to really promote them.

I don't mind paying, I just never figured out the interface.

Someone give me quick primer.

Doc

Dave
05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice sale.

So, the secret is to sell oxymornic domain names.

I never did anything smart on a date or anything I would want my resting in peace gray-haired Mother to know what I did. Or the other party's Mother for that matter either.

I have to learn how to use that Sedo.

Never quite figured it out.

I listed some domains but, I think you have to pay them to really promote them.

I don't mind paying, I just never figured out the interface.

Someone give me quick primer.

Doc
Thanks. I've never paid them anything aside from the commission once something sells. Just add the domains to your account, make sure they're listed as "For Sale," and that's about all you need to do. Just point the domain's nameservers to Sedo's once you get an ***er, to avoid the $50 minimum commission on sales under $500 -- unless of course you want to use Sedo's parking, in which case they'll already be set.

Maguire
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks, Dag.

I will have to take a better look.

I have up what I consider some pretty good domain names under another extension and I have not had a nibble for 6 months.

AustraliaGreenEnergy.com and many more and just not 1 ***er, for a reasonable price.

Doc

Dave
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Dag.

I will have to take a better look.

I have up what I consider some pretty good domain names under another extension and I have not had a nibble for 6 months.

AustraliaGreenEnergy.com and many more and just not 1 ***er, for a reasonable price.

Doc

Well, you can always try paying the fee to get the name showcased for a few days, but most folks who've done that over at NP say that it's never been of much help.

Maguire
05-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Advice taken. Will not showcase.

Doc

DomainTalker
05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice going, dag...You got a very reasonable price for that domain, imo...:)

gogo
05-08-2009, 05:04 PM
nice one and congrats.

I never would have registered that domain... to me it shows demand for dating sites.

I see various ones like dumbdating and stupiddating are free, I wonder why LOL.

Dave
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
nice one and congrats.

I never would have registered that domain... to me it shows demand for dating sites.

I see various ones like dumbdating and stupiddating are free, I wonder why LOL.
Something told me to renew it last year...glad I did!

"Smart dating," as I was telling someone else, is a concept that's commonly mentioned in articles, books, etc.

After checking the Whois, it seems to have been bought by the guy who runs this site: http://www.youand.me. He's also a domainer, and if you do a search for him you'll find a recent interview with him on a domaining blog.

Pred
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
"Smart dating," as I was telling someone else, is a concept that's commonly mentioned in articles, books, etc.

After checking the Whois, it seems to have been bought by the guy who runs this site: http://www.youand.me. He's also a domainer, and if you do a search for him you'll find a recent interview with him on a domaining blog.

he's our very own 'mobineer' !

you need to get around the forum more Dagster, like the rest of us saddos :biggrin: :embarassed:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=31015&highlight=youand.me :coo2l:

Dave
05-08-2009, 07:03 PM
he's our very own 'mobineer' !

you need to get around the forum more Dagster, like the rest of us saddos :biggrin: :embarassed:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=31015&highlight=youand.me :coo2l:

I figured he might be here...guess I missed that thread! :laugh: Oh well...thanks, Mobineer!

HipHop.mobi
05-09-2009, 01:50 PM
dope

Mobineer
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I figured he might be here...guess I missed that thread! :laugh: Oh well...thanks, Mobineer!

You're welcome -- and you'll see SmartDating coming to some Mobile app platforms - real soon -- stay tuned ---

:coo2l: