PDA

View Full Version : Problem after configuring broadband internet in mobile

skt
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Dear All,
I am very new to this forum.

Any one please help me to resolve my problem.
I have a problem with my Nokia N73

I had installed broadband internet in my Mobile.After configuring even though i am not using net daily my Mobile battery is getting low very quickly.I thought its a problem with the battery and i changed it,Still the same problem.

So what to do to resolve this problem.
Please Help

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.But you people will understand my problem..

Thanks and regards,
skt

Mobitunist
02-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Welcome SKT! I also only started out by browsing the Internet on my N73 and today I own over 1000 .mobi domains, so be careful! :-)

As for your issue, the reason why the phone's battery is running down quickly is because you are still connected to the Internet and that is more draining on battery than just connected to the GSM network.

You wiill see that there are 2 lightning lines below the 3G icon on the left. If these still show after you have stopped browsing, then just keep the red (terminate) button in for a few seconds and it will ask you if you want to terminate the connection. Say Y and you will be disconnected.

Hope this helps and that you will use the N73 more often to visit Mobility to learn more about the Mobile Internet and dot MOBI.

skt
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Mobitunist,

That was a very helpful message.I tried that and it works.
Now what should i do if i want to activate the internet again in my mobile.

skt
02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I tried it and it is working for a few seconds.hen i pressed the terminate(red) button it is asking for and packet data connection. then i pressed yes.

At that time the symbol below the 3G symbol has gone.But it came back automatically after a few seconds.

What to do to terminate the internet and activate it according to our wish

thanks and regards,
skt

dev
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
hi skt,

1.please do tell me that is this problem of yours from the start or is this just started..
2.did you ever formated your mobile. ?
3.do you use default memory card or you baught a new one for your mobile.
4.also do tell me whether you see dotted parallel lines after disconnection.
5.have you ever updated your n73 firmware, if yes then from where?

please do tell me about this whole thing......

skt
02-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi all,

The problem had been solved.It was because i had installed fring in my mobile.Due to improper exit from fring while closing, it is again loading after a few seconds.So if fring is loading it will automatically invoke the internet connection.So again the symbol is dispalying
So when i closed fring in a proper manner.Then after i do what you had said above the symbol had gone and it is working fine.

Thank you guys for all your help.Thanks a lot.