PDA

View Full Version : rss.mobi sold via sedo for $4,680.00 USD

rob
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
a close comrad sold rss.mobi via sedo for $4,680.00 USD friday afternoon

view the auction history here http://www.sedo.co.uk/auction/auction_history.php?language=e&auction_id=49828&tracked=&partnerid=

cheers
rob

keithmt
02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats newts!!

newton
02-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys :D Congratulations to the buyer too :)

coast
02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Congratulations to the buyer and seller.

acc
02-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Congratulations to the buyer and seller.
Coast always know just what to say ... in this case she is dead on. nice sale and great name for the buyer.

Jeff
02-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Is the buyer known ... and are there definitive development plans in the near-term? :pcguru:

-Jeff :coo2l:

Scandiman
02-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Is the buyer known ... and are there definitive development plans in the near-term? :pcguru:

http://mtld.mobi/domain/whois

look it up, send them an e-mail and report back for us.

Tom
02-23-2009, 03:32 AM
I would imagine that the buyer's info is currently private, until the sale is complete.

That's just how Sedo works mate.

Jeff
02-23-2009, 03:41 AM
I would imagine that the buyer's info is currently private, until the sale is complete.

That's just how Sedo works mate.

Good point, come to think of it the escrow may not even have completed yet ... just wondering if there are definitive development plans here (if known), IMHO.

I'll check back here after a reasonable amount of time, thanks for the kind assist Egnited.

coast
02-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Good point, come to think of it the escrow may not even have completed yet ... just wondering if there are definitive development plans here (if known), IMHO.

I'll check back here after a reasonable amount of time, thanks for the kind assist Egnited.

The site is developed. Have you seen it? Stop baiting the members here or I will start giving negative rep points.

Jeff
02-23-2009, 03:51 AM
The site is developed. Have you seen it?

No, I just came across this thread (and Rob's post below) this evening! :eek2:

a close comrad sold rss.mobi via sedo for $4,680.00 USD friday afternoon

It's been transfered and already developed ... in less than 48 hours?

Thanks for any insight.

Tom
02-23-2009, 03:53 AM
It has not been transferred yet, the sale just occurred on Sedo, where transactions can take up to several weeks to complete.

Patience...

newton
02-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Jeff, I am not aware of the buyers plans as yet since everything is still going through sedo (which can take a while). Everything will no doubt become crystal clear once it is in their possession.

Jeff
02-23-2009, 03:57 AM
It has not been transferred yet, the sale just occurred on Sedo, where transactions can take up to several weeks to complete.

Patience...

Patience is a virtue, thanks friends!

Scandiman
02-23-2009, 03:57 AM

Patience...

You certainly have patience EG, explaining common domainer knowledge to someone who knows all these things already. But your comments are certainly useful to the uninitiated who may be viewing and not commenting.

Tom
02-23-2009, 04:01 AM
You certainly have patience EG, explaining common domainer knowledge to someone who knows all these things already. But your comments are certainly useful to the uninitiated who may be viewing and not commenting.
hehe.... as Jeff said, patience is a virtue. Practice makes perfect, eh? :embarassed:

Scandiman
02-23-2009, 04:03 AM
hehe.... as Jeff said, patience is a virtue. Practice makes perfect, eh? :embarassed:

As you know, Jeff will give you plenty of opportunity to test your patience if you let him. :laugh:

Tom
02-23-2009, 04:11 AM
As you know, Jeff will give you plenty of opportunity to test your patience if you let him. :laugh:
I've got spare time here and there, and I don't mind spending a few minutes answering some of his questions... at least long enough to give the man a chance to be a positive contributor to the forum.

Speaking of spare time, mine's running out. I'm *** to continue development now on my recently-acquired St Louis domain - Jeff should be glad to hear that it went straight into the hands of a highly-motivated developer! :biggrin:

Jeff
02-23-2009, 04:15 AM
... Jeff should be glad to hear that it went straight into the hands of a highly-motivated developer! :biggrin:

Congrats!
Please post an update once it's up-and-running, my friend.

Night.

Tom
02-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Congrats!
Please post an update once it's up-and-running, my friend.

Night.
Will do. And I do believe that you will be pleased with my efforts once I am finished. But, again you will need to have patience -- quality development is a very long process.

Jeff
02-23-2009, 04:24 AM
... quality development is be a very long process.

Agree, and that's why when I see "quickie" .MOBI sites being thrown up in a rush, I feel the need to take pause and also wonderment at the reasoning for its expediency IMHO. :hmmmm2:

All the best!

cobo
02-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Congrats to both seller (good one, Newton!) and buyer.
That is indeed a category killer name!
This bodes well for my RSSvideo and videoRSS names and all other's RSS names.
Thanks guys!

newton
02-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Thanks mate :) rss and xml will do very well for mobile. You should get in on the xml dot mobi thread currently on sedo :D

newton
02-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Agree, and that's why when I see "quickie" .MOBI sites being thrown up in a rush, I feel the need to take pause and also wonderment at the reasoning for its expediency IMHO. :hmmmm2:

All the best!

There wasn't enough time Jeff, not with launching an adult mobi network which took priority after I was laid ***.

vikrantjain22
02-23-2009, 09:47 AM

All the best!

The best person to ask this question would be RickLatona and his Mini Site development company AEIOU.com
and that's why when I see "quickie" .COM sites being thrown up in a rush, I feel the need to take pause and also wonderment at the reasoning for its expediency IMHO. :hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

photoman
02-23-2009, 09:56 AM
A very good price in such difficult times IMO! congrats to both parties!

HipHop.mobi
02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
price is a steal the guy should develop it into a twitter kinda page for cellphones

DomainTalker
02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Good stuff, newt....Fair deal on both sides...:)

newton
02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys :)

Pred
05-28-2009, 10:53 PM
it's LIVE :coo2l:

www.rss.mobi

acc
05-28-2009, 11:34 PM
FYI - Just a sales comp as reported in a thread at NP:

RSS.biz ended @ $900 on Sedo 5/10/09

.mobi = 5 x .biz - I'll take that for now

Pred
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
FYI - Just a sales comp as reported in a thread at NP:

RSS.biz ended @ $900 on Sedo 5/10/09

.mobi = 5 x .biz - I'll take that for now

nah, more like 50 :coo2l:

actually to show how bizarre .mobi pricing is at moment reseller.........

i have bought recently some .mobis for xx range each that would go for low - mid xxxx reseller if .info domains

dont get me wrong, like .info but how screwed is that?

this wont last forever. more crap needs to drop and more good stuff needs regging as so many gems out there still for regfee but a year or two from now onwards noobs joining this forum will say omg i wish i was there in 2009 and before. trust me on this

acc
05-29-2009, 12:15 AM
nah, more like 50 :coo2l:

actually to show how bizarre .mobi pricing is at moment reseller.........

i have bought recently some .mobis for xx range each that would go for low - mid xxxx reseller if .info domains

dont get me wrong, like .info but how screwed is that?

this wont last forever. more crap needs to drop and more good stuff needs regging as so many gems out there still for regfee but a year or two from now onwards noobs joining this forum will say omg i wish i was there in 2009 and before. trust me on this
I meant 5x okay with .biz at high $xxx to low $x,xxx vs .mobi at mid $x,xxx.

With so many names being sold *** in the last 6-9 mo in the $xx and low $xxx range anything can happen and has happened. ... in ALL extensions. Bunch of .us drops today at TDNAM. Same deal, a couple went for $x,xxx, some for $xxx, and many at $xx. This was the 7 year anniversary drop cycle for .us and it happens every year.