PDA

View Full Version : Instant Twitter Visibility with #followfriday Tag

coast
01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Twitter is a great way to connect with as-yet-unknown colleagues, service providers and potential clients. On Fridays, there is a way to instantly get into the most popular trending topic which will help you be seen in the twitter search feed.

It's called #followfriday - the # is a "hashtag" which lets people know right away that you are sending tweets (updates) in a specific category.

Take a look at who's being recommended on #followfriday now:
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23followfriday

To get on this twitterstream, make your own recommendations of whose updates you think people would enjoy reading, add their usernames starting with @ and remember to add the #followfriday hashtag.

Good luck!

Work In Progress
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Coast, would you be kind enough to explain the benefits of Twitter? How does one "connect" with others you have mentioned? Although I've joined and am following a few (and being stalked...I mean followed), I really don't seen to "get it" :hmmmm2:. Does that make me a Twit cause I don't tweet? :laugh:

I'm guessing I could use this to give updates on what we're doing? It seems to be an awful lot of "blah, blah, blah" and personal stuff vs business.

What am I missing? Guide me, please

Thanks!

coast
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Coast, would you be kind enough to explain the benefits of Twitter? How does one "connect" with others you have mentioned? Although I've joined and am following a few (and being stalked...I mean followed), I really don't seen to "get it" :hmmmm2:. Does that make me a Twit cause I don't tweet? :laugh:

I'm guessing I could use this to give updates on what we're doing? It seems to be an awful lot of "blah, blah, blah" and personal stuff vs business.

What am I missing? Guide me, please

Thanks!

There is a ton of blah blah blah and personal stuff on twitter. I equate it to a radio station with a lot of static but then every once in awhile you hear something you wouldn't hear anywhere else. On twitter, you can meet people that would normally have one or two gatekeepers blocking the way. The main thing is not to keep sending out links to your own stuff, but instead get involved in the conversation.

Does that help?

Work In Progress
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
There is a ton of blah blah blah and personal stuff on twitter. I equate it to a radio station with a lot of static but then every once in awhile you hear something you wouldn't hear anywhere else. On twitter, you can meet people that would normally have one or two gatekeepers blocking the way. The main thing is not to keep sending out links to your own stuff, but instead get involved in the conversation.

Does that help?
This is kinda like the kids trying to explain the benefits of texting to me vs calling and actually talking to your friends. :hmmmm2:

Call me old school... :smile:

It's funny that since I posted this, 4 more peeps are suddenly following me. Now, I'm gonna have to give 'em something to see. :eek2:

coast
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
This is kinda like the kids trying to explain the benefits of texting to me vs calling and actually talking to your friends. :hmmmm2:

Call me old school... :smile:

It's funny that since I posted this, 4 more peeps are suddenly following me. Now, I'm gonna have to give 'em something to see. :eek2:

Maybe this has something to do with it:

Mobile people, please welcome (and follow) @IdeaEarth - he has a boatload of public service mobile sites that you should see.
about 2 hours ago from web
:biggrin:

Gerry
02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Maybe this has something to do with it:

:biggrin:umm...hello?

coast
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
umm...hello?

Hey I gave you a shoutout when you joined... do you want another one?