PDA

View Full Version : Advertising my business

photoman
01-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi all!

I'm wanting to start thinking of promoting my business name on letterheads, envelopes, and stamps.
I have given it some thought, of course my business name will appear, together with logo & website, (both .com and .mobi), but I'm not sure if I should include my phone number. :hmmmm2: on these three things I mention above!
The reason why I say phone number is because now with the introduction of .mobi & click to call feature on mobile should I really need my phone number on there???
I would like some opinions please on this issue to help me make my final choice so:-
Should I place a physical phone number on letter heads, stamps, envelopes?

Thank You

Tim
01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
I would look for your answer in the answers to these questions:

1) How long have you had your phone number?
2) How much have you promoted it already through other advertisements and business cards?
3) Are you planning a move anytime soon?

I wouldn't put it on letterhead. I wouldn't put it on stamps. I wouldn't put it on stationary. I would put it only on business cards and my website/s.

I have several reams of paper with bunk info that is now expensive scratch pads.

Good luck with your promotions!

photoman
01-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Tim

I fully agree on these points you stated
Website content both com and mobi will have the numbers, for point of contact
I've had my number for a number of years now but they have not been actively used just yet for business promotion!

The reason why is to avoid this very thing, limit scrap pieces of paper if/when I move and having to change numbers. Lets face it most of us young folk tend to move a bit
so cutting out extra expenses would be another obvious reason to omit number(s)

Yes I'm calling myself young!

Gerry
01-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Hi all!

I'm wanting to start thinking of promoting my business name on letterheads, envelopes, and stamps.
I have given it some thought, of course my business name will appear, together with logo & website, (both .com and .mobi), but I'm not sure if I should include my phone number. :hmmmm2: on these three things I mention above!
The reason why I say phone number is because now with the introduction of .mobi & click to call feature on mobile should I really need my phone number on there???
I would like some opinions please on this issue to help me make my final choice so:-

Thank YouLetterheads, yes.

Letterheads are going to be inserted into envelopes.

Sight unseen.

photoman
01-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Gerry

gogo
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
or you could give a skype no? or mobile no.?

or a q/r code (if space allows)

Seems to me its a trade*** between space / legibility and guaranteeing that people contact you.

Most people will know they can probably find a number on a site, but they still have to go there and find it.. so you have introduced two hurdles to immediate contact, which may filter out a few contacts who can't be bothered.

photoman
01-20-2009, 10:05 AM
or you could give a skype no? or mobile no.?

or a q/r code (if space allows)

Seems to me its a trade*** between space / legibility and guaranteeing that people contact you.

Most people will know they can probably find a number on a site, but they still have to go there and find it.. so you have introduced two hurdles to immediate contact, which may filter out a few contacts who can't be bothered.

I hate trade ***s!- a valid & important point! I appreciate the feedback!

vikrantjain22
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
From the practical point of view, if I am on the move and need a number real urgent, I would certainly decide to look on the letterhead for the No. rather than try to look up that on a Website.
Maybe in all probability, if the No. is not there on the Letterhead and I decide to look up the No. on the website, it would be a higher probability that I would not remember looking it up, lest it may slip my mind.
But with a No. printed right in front of the face, the call would go through immediately.
I am just using the logic, I use in my day to day life.
just my 2 cents

andymoore
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
If you hide your number on your website people like me will not bother to find it.

If you want me to call make it easy for me to find the number.

As a customer you will only **** me *** by making me hunt for your contact details.

I've moved but have been able to keep my numbers as they're toll free and non geo.

Hiding your number away will make you look amateur and cost you clients.

Rule 1: reduce the barriers between you and your customer!

Scandiman
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi all!

Thank You

If you want people to be calling at all then include your phone number on letterhead and business cards and also on your websites. It would be odd to include it on the envelopes and I'm not sure what you mean by promoting your business with stamps.

Click-to-call is great as a convenience tool for mobile visitors but is no replacement for other forms of communicating your phone number.

photoman
01-21-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by promoting your business with stamps.

Click-to-call is great as a convenience tool for mobile visitors but is no replacement for other forms of communicating your phone number.

I'm wanting to get some stamps made to press on to the back of my framed prints, so if interested they can contact me!
I'm wandering if it's really necessary to include my phone number, or get away with just using my business name, my .com site, and use my .mobi site as a point of contact!

My .com and .mobi site will have all the usual important contact detail info
For those visiting my .mobi site, the 1st thing that comes up is the click to call feature on the home page so finding the number it is no major deal

As far as letterheads, letters and business cards I think i might have to place my phone number on there just by looking at the feedback here so far...

Thanks for all your responses so far

newton
01-21-2009, 02:10 AM
I always use a phone number as it annoys the **** out of me if I have to google the number to a company. Don't forget you are introducing some people to the web for the first time and especially mobi, so whilst its good to have those enabled on the stamps, letterheads etc, the majority of people will still always revert to a physical telephone number. Why lose out on an additional revenue stream by not putting your number on there?

Scandiman
01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm wanting to get some stamps made to press on to the back of my framed prints, so if interested they can contact me!
I'm wandering if it's really necessary to include my phone number, or get away with just using my business name, my .com site, and use my .mobi site as a point of contact! For this application I think the websites are completely adequate, especially since it's reasonable to assume your URL's won't change as readily as your phone number could.

BTW, make sure those labels are guaranteed acid free from the manufacturer of the material, both the stock and the adhesive... don't trust the label salesman either, make sure to see the stock order because hardly anyone carries that kind of product on the shelf. 7 years in the wine label industry taught me a thing or two ;)

photoman
01-21-2009, 03:45 AM
BTW, make sure those labels are guaranteed acid free from the manufacturer of the material, both the stock and the adhesive... don't trust the label salesman either, make sure to see the stock order because hardly anyone carries that kind of product on the shelf. 7 years in the wine label industry taught me a thing or two ;)

One step ahead of you buddy! ;)

MH Vishal
05-12-2009, 06:51 AM
A lot of people make or buy a website, thinking that all they have to do is publish it, and people will go to it and buy from them. This is simply not the case. So many times, I'm asked "why isn't my website making any money, what am I doing wrong ? You're not doing anything wrong, you're just not getting people to See it people don't know it is there !
There are very easy ways to get people to see your site, and this is referred to as getting traffic to your site.

lydabryant
05-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Don't forget to put your email address too...
I guess putting a lot of detailed info into your letterhead or stamps is not a bad idea. But if it will look very cluttered I think you should limit to the very important ones instead.
Good luck! :biggrin:

mike123
01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
well obviously he will put email id also thanks for reminding though

morse
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Why not get an alternate number which you can switch *** when you dont want clients calling. They will most probably call you again during working time.

photoman
12-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah I've already thought of that idea, and have done exactly that. I don't expect a bombardment of calls-well initially anyway ;)

Rolado
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Hello Every One !!!
Dear fellows advertising is most important of any business of you. Some people say about advertising that advertising is a blood of every organization. It is much more important.

Rolado
08-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Hello Guys !!!
My partner and i fully decide on these kinds of details you reported.
Web page articles each com and also cellular could have the volumes, pertaining to place involving call. I've truly experienced my own quantity for assorted a long time right now but they haven't been positively applied as of this time pertaining to enterprise promotion! Seems to us it is a trade*** in between space or legibility and also promising that men and women call you.

Mobicite
08-18-2012, 07:25 AM
I would give as many contact details as you can on a business card and letter head. Different story if you are doing online marketing and have a flow you want to create. You have to remember that most people arent into all of the gadgetry that we are. Also you should have redirects on your main website to the mobile site if visited by a mobile device so no need to advertise the .mobi