PDA

View Full Version : mobi future

ronenad1
11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
hello,

i bought mobi domain name and i want to create mobi web site.
1. mobi web site can produce profit (through affiliate program)?
2. my concern is the option that mobile phone in the future allow to browse in com extension freely and my mobi site will be worthless

thanks

TheJD
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Hello,

Congratulations on your first mobi name! :thumbsup:

Find my answers to your questions below;

1. I haven't started using affiliate programs yet for any of my mobis, but I've heard others on this forum using Admob successfully. Here's a link to it: link to admob (http://www.admob.com)

2. I think that there will always be a need for mobile sites and to stand out as a mobile site. No matter how advanced phones would become and how good they could display normal pc sites, it's my opinion that there would always be the need to have a website marketed as only for mobile phones with special services only useful to mobile phones. Which would be best done with a dot mobi site.

There are lots of people on this forum with more knowledge about the mobile web than me and with better answers, but I hope I at least answered your questions a little bit satisfactory. :smile:

Sincerely,
Jonas

Javier Marti
11-30-2008, 10:49 PM
The free ebook in my signature may help in answering some of your questions.

ronenad1
12-01-2008, 10:35 AM
thak you for answering

coast
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
To answer your questions, affiliates are still few and far between for mobile right now, with the exception of admob pay per click advertising and amazon.com. However, the good news is a lot of patents have been filed for different companies wanting to capitalize on the coming mobile web boom, so if you are patient you are likely to be rewarded (or you can sit out and wait and take your chances later, which is also a viable option).

As far as .mobi being worthless with future technology, I don't believe that will be the case. Mtld has been working behind the scenes on business-to-business building strategies that are starting to pay *** with larger companies deploying their .mobi sites, most notably Disney, financial institutions, automobiles and luxury brands. If you develop a site and get it spidered by the search engines, you shouldn't have to worry about it losing value.

Work In Progress
12-01-2008, 10:49 PM
hello,

i bought mobi domain name and i want to create mobi web site.
1. mobi web site can produce profit (through affiliate program)?
2. my concern is the option that mobile phone in the future allow to browse in com extension freely and my mobi site will be worthless

thanks
Congratulations on the biggest success step to mobi's...development :adore:

As long as you provide useful information / applications, you should do fine.
Coast hit on some great points. The future looks bright for the mobile web. New ways of monetizing are on the horizon.

Think outside of the box and you'll find other ways of monetizing as well.

Adsense for mobile is another popular pay per click option. The upside is it provides relevant ads vs admob crap-shoot ads.....the downside is you won't get any PC visit clicks as the ads don't resolve (while Admob's do)

As for the future of mobile sites vs full sites...I also agree that there will always be a need for a "smaller, more concise" mobile version for the foreseable future. Sure, it could change at some point, but you're looking at possibly decades down the road. Mobi will be well established at that point (at least your site will!)

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Gabriel
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
1.Yes, its possible! :D (do your homework in this forum)
2. Mmm, well, as long as transcoders keep doing their nasty biz messing with our code, theres a long live to this extension! :D Also, even without transcoders, its a great extension to DEVELOP (a keyword is a keyword, no matter its tld!!!)