PDA

View Full Version : mobiles.mobi $4600 at Pool

warsteiner21
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
dropped name mobiles.mobi sold for $4600 at Pool auction

Scandiman
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Not bad for a closed bidder pool. Do you know how many people were competing for it?

ChineseDomain
11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
My God! I didn't beat pool on catching this one :rolleyes2:

warsteiner21
11-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Not bad for a closed bidder pool. Do you know how many people were competing for it?23 bidders - only 3 still in over $1000 and then just 2 from $2200 and up.

HipHop.mobi
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
thats nice

Dave
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
The person who dropped it must be kicking themselves... :frown:

keithmt
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
The person who dropped it must be kicking themselves... :frown:
It was a claimed TM during sunrise registration. I've noticed
many of these dropping over the last couple months. I wonder
if Mtld has a hand in this?

mjnels
11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
It was a claimed TM during sunrise registration. I've noticed
many of these dropping over the last couple months. I wonder
if Mtld has a hand in this?

i seriously doubt it.. i also doubt the person that droped it even knows what pool.com is... people drop domains for a variety of reasons.

1. decided they dont need it anymore (and dont realize its worth money or even know where to begin selling it)

2. death

3. forgot to renew it - possibly due to invalid email or a person no longer employed by a certain company.. i would imagine this happens often with TMs.

also, im not sure if some of these .mobi TM registrants realize that the renewal price is not $150 (or whatever the initial sunrise registration price was)

keithmt
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
A few sales that just ended at Snap...

mpc.mobi (sold for $134).
ord.mobi (sold for $300). A very nice name IMO!

Pred
11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
nice little sale. these drop companies are making money hand over fist :mad2:

noonoo1
11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I cant believe i missed this one when i was looking through the lists:hmmmm2:

Pft, my teachers always told me to concentrate more.:smile:

Very good sale, it would have been nice if one of the independants caught it but there we go. Onwards and upwards.:coo2l:

warsteiner21
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
As far as I know it's the highest amount paid for a dropped dot mobi domain - pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Very often a higher price is paid at the drop auctions than could be achieved by a domainer selling independently - what's your opinion on this one? If someone on this board owned the name or one of the drop catchers on this board caught the name, how much do you think they could have sold it for in today's market? (presuming a domainer to domainer sale)

Dave
11-25-2008, 01:12 AM
As far as I know it's the highest amount paid for a dropped dot mobi domain - pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Very often a higher price is paid at the drop auctions than could be achieved by a domainer selling independently - what's your opinion on this one? If someone on this board owned the name or one of the drop catchers on this board caught the name, how much do you think they could have sold it for in today's market? (presuming a domainer to domainer sale)

Absolutely true, for any domain extension -- people bidding on drops will often go much higher than you would generally be able to sell the same name for on the boards, or even at Sedo auction. It's that competitive feeling that you're getting something that others can't get in on (if it's a private, backorder auction)...the thrill of the hunt.

mjnels
11-25-2008, 02:30 AM

i was going after the name and was thinking about pricing it at $500-750... i actually would have expected the name not to sell on this forum for what i would have priced it at, but figured i'd try anyway and just hold it if there were no takers.. it was one of the more decent ones that dropped that night.. unfortunately it just made pool some money instead of poor ol' me. :(

vikrantjain22
11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
There were some good sales at Snapnames also last night with the following prices:

galapagos.mobi - $529
msp.mobi - $759
teenager.mobi - $171
orl.mobi - $190
mediterranean.mobi - $115
ord.mobi - $300
mpc.mobi - $134
415.mobi - $217

Pred
11-25-2008, 11:50 AM
i was going after the name and was thinking about pricing it at $500-750... i actually would have expected the name not to sell on this forum for what i would have priced it at, but figured i'd try anyway and just hold it if there were no takers.. it was one of the more decent ones that dropped that night.. unfortunately it just made pool some money instead of poor ol' me. :(

its final price prob noone would have bought for here but we all have enough names. its worth xxx,xxx of course to the right busines model

mobile.co.uk sold for 120k
properly developed any site with this keyword and a gtld would make a lot of money

i still think it would have got snatched up for about 2.5k on here

warsteiner21
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
i was going after the name and was thinking about pricing it at $500-750...
I'm sure you'd have got a buyer on this forum in that range. There is of course still potential to make a good profit on top the $4600 paid, but time and patience will be required.

mjnels
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sure you'd have got a buyer on this forum in that range. There is of course still potential to make a good profit on top the $4600 paid, but time and patience will be required.

i dont know, forum sales are funny sometimes.. ive ***ered up some pretty good deals in the past on the forums with no takers only to have em sell for double or triple at sedo auction.. i think a lot of it has to do with the competitive bidding thing.. auction fever, etc..