PDA

View Full Version : FYI: HealthyFood.mobi sold for $1,000

Michael
09-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Now showcased on the Sedo's "Recent Sales" section

HealthyFood.mobi - sold for $1,000

Reece
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Good news for owners of health and food names :) The buyer wasn't me -- saving up for food.mobi here hehe (doubt I'll win it though) ;)

TLD
09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
nice sale #, better for seller??

Google

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,790,000 for "healthy (http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=dict&q=http://www.answers.com/healthy%26r%3D67&usg=AFQjCNEJTydLIaxuduNevMN40jP74wk6VQ) food (http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=dict&q=http://www.answers.com/food%26r%3D67&usg=AFQjCNEvwrI0hcpqfRqxlUUKQxpLrRd87w)"
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,060,000 for "health food"

Wordtracker

healthy food 254 447
healthy foods 179 315
health food 79 139

onassis
09-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Healthyfood will sound better than healthfood. Congrat to both the seller and buyer. :biggrin:

Scandiman
09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Good news for owners of health and food names :) The buyer wasn't me -- saving up for food.mobi here hehe (doubt I'll win it though) ;)And here I thought for sure it would be you. But I've got to agree, food.mobi would be awesome for your collection.

newdomainer
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
When it comes down to it does anyone agree with me that sometimes a term can be too general to be effective?

Take food.mobi as an example..... can someone explain how such a general term can be made into a useful business model? surely 99% of the traffic is going to be superfluous & whilst I can see that a site can have maybe 10 sub groups & each of those can be divided again... who is going to search for 'food' on a PDA / phone? surely anysearches will be more targetted - like pizza / chinese / burgers / italian / MacDonalds / LaGaroche etc... who is going to search for 'food'? with any expectation of a worthwhile or meaningful result?

I can see the merit of many 'broad generics' but maybe I'm missing the point here?

Regards

Gary

Reece
09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
When it comes down to it does anyone agree with me that sometimes a term can be too general to be effective?

Take food.mobi as an example..... can someone explain how such a general term can be made into a useful business model? surely 99% of the traffic is going to be superfluous & whilst I can see that a site can have maybe 10 sub groups & each of those can be divided again... who is going to search for 'food' on a PDA / phone? surely anysearches will be more targetted - like pizza / chinese / burgers / italian / MacDonalds / LaGaroche etc... who is going to search for 'food'? with any expectation of a worthwhile or meaningful result?

I can see the merit of many 'broad generics' but maybe I'm missing the point here?

Regards

Gary

I think I'm the perfect person to tackle this question, seeing as I would be very interested in acquiring food.mobi provided the price was reasonable :)

I'm currently working on a calorie database like calorie-count.com or calorieking.com. The caveat being that the site is designed with mobile users in mind. After awhile of brainstorming, the best name that came to me was food.mobi (and I actually regged foodX.mobi for dev purposes if I can't get the food.mobi that I want).

The idea for the site is as follows... You're waiting in line at a restaurant, you have nothing better to do -- since you're waiting in line :rolleyes2: So you whip out your phone, type-in "restaurant_name, food_name, calories" and voila, you're presented with the amount of calories in a large personal pan pizza or a Big Mac -- or hundreds of other possibilities...

That's my vision for it anyway.

photoman
09-25-2007, 07:48 PM
The obesity statistics around the world are getting out of control!. Everyday I see ads relating to weight loss programs, exercise programs, and Food (healthy food) to compliment the two, there's a big market out there that want to eat good food, and they already have phones! A good buy IMO! Congrats too on the sale!

Dave
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
The idea for the site is as follows... You're waiting in line at a restaurant, you have nothing better to do -- since you're waiting in line :rolleyes2: So you whip out your phone, type-in "restaurant_name, food_name, calories" and voila, you're presented with the amount of calories in a large personal pan pizza or a Big Mac -- or hundreds of other possibilities...
For that usage, "Food" is much better than "HealthyFood," even though the "healthy" part is the end goal. People wouldn't think that a site called "HealthyFood" would have any information on food found at McDonald's, so they wouldn't be as likely to bother checking it.

Best of luck getting Food.mobi!

TLD
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
pm sent. backup alternative word idea :dontknow:

mediaadvantages
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Does anyone that post here have healthyfood.mobi??? I have a great idea and want to implement it nationally. If anyone is interested in getting involved and wants to discuss the idea I would be happy to get together and see what we can do.

onassis
09-26-2007, 03:14 PM
In term of health, reece and I have the best completed list of health .mobi. PM reece and me if you have any great ideas.

newdomainer
09-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I see - yes indeedy..... food could be used in its broad generic term for that purpose..

Good luck with it...

You could always try;

Ingreedients.mobi

or foodinnit.mobi (UK Chav speak innit ;-) as in food, whats in it?

Infood.mobi

RDA.mobi

GDA.mobi (Recommended daily allowance / Guideline daily allowance) - Key in the info re the food you're eating to get the % RDA / GDA)

Or Wheat.mobi (what/eat)

I'll get my coat ;-)

Foodcontrol? Dietcontrol? foodintake? Enumbers? Foodcontent?
Knowfood? Caloriecounter? Nuts? Onaplate? sizeitup?
foodAllergy? gutcontrol? Waistcontrol? eatwell? fibrefoods?
fattyfoods? badfoods? goodfoodguide? bestleft? best I go now......

Gary