PDA

View Full Version : mpg.mobi sold via sedo auction

rob
09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Im pleased to say mpg.mobi sold last night via sedo auction for $750

newdomainer
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
That's one very nice LLL - shame it only got you $750...

rob
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM
your right newdomainer .. thats why im not sending bmx.mobi to auction anytime soon

newdomainer
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
your right newdomainer .. thats why im not sending bmx.mobi to auction anytime soon

That is a beaut...

I'll tell you something.. I have KTM.mobi (as in the International sport motorcycle brand) - A huge (extremely) company!

I spoke to the UK ***ice today and from the MD's own lips... 'we're not interested' (& that was without me uttering more than an introduction)... I know people are rude but for Gawds sake... he didn't even want to know what I was phoning about.. (I'd have emailed him but that seems to be 'privileged information ;-)

I emailed the HQ in Germany instead... but who knows if they'll reply.. they have the dotcom, all the dot CC's they operate in.. you'd have thought it was a no brainer?

Some people just don't get it! (yet)

Good luck with BMX - when I saw you had that I saw $10,000 all over it!

hawkeye
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
$750 is cash in hand, which is better than cash spent renewing!! Though it seems logical that MPG would be Miles Per Gallon, not really sure that is a 'commercial' usage name/product, especially as a .mobi, to bring much more currently. Nice sale Rob.

newdomainer
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
$750 is cash in hand, which is better than cash spent renewing!! Though it seems logical that MPG would be Miles Per Gallon, not really sure that is a 'commercial' usage name/product, especially as a .mobi, to bring much more currently. Nice sale Rob.

Trouble with 'cash in hand' is that it tends to 'leave hand' very shortly after it arrived! :embarassed:

It was a good sale in the current market... but has heaps of potential.. as miles per gallon - let alone anything else..

keithmt
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Catching those drops obviously pays *** :biggrin:

Congrats!

Gerry
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I think 100 x reg fee is pretty good.

A different market and time would perhaps have brought 1000 times reg fee.

Just goes to show what bargains are out there.

But still a good sale, rob.

And I agree that there are some that should be held onto.

tophatter
09-18-2008, 09:50 PM
In this market of Horrible Credit freezing in the US & World markets I'd say that's a GREAT ROI. Many investors in the market would give their I tooth to only Break Even !! especially if they were into the Finacials. I know some folks that lost xxx,xxx within the last couple of days due to the Equity Markets.
So I'd say .. mmm Yeah you did GREAT !!!!

newton
09-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Great sale mate and very well done :)

Maguire
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
MPG.....Multiple Protocol Gateway has more value to the computer newtworking industry than to the gasoline industry.

Doc

MyWebSearches
09-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Its a great deal for the buyer because is a great domain with potential.