PDA

View Full Version : Greyed out?

texasgamer
06-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Ok this isnt necessarily a mobi question, but can be.
When I am checking for available mobi names over at Godaddy, Sometimes
the extension is totally greyed (grayed) out. What the heck does that mean?
:confused:

Scandiman
06-29-2007, 02:42 AM
No idea about godaddy but I'd recommend everyone check availability of names directly at the source... http://whois.mtld.mobi/

Maybe check the same grayed out names at the above address and see if there is a correlation.

Dave
06-29-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm not completely sure, but I've always figured that it meant that the renewal is too far *** for it to be backordered now. Or maybe it's because it's registered elsewhere and they can't backorder it (doesn't GD only deal with their own registrations for backorders?). One of those things, I think...

nrmillions
06-29-2007, 05:22 AM

Dont use GoDaddy to search for available names at all. Someone could end up mysteriously regging the name before you go to pay for it. Use the link Scandi gave you to check directly from mTLD.

Reece
06-29-2007, 05:31 AM
I believe Godaddy sells the search lists to big time domainers and/or corporate domain firms -- both of which do not seem interested in .mobis. I've never had any trouble there with .mobis, although it's always best to be cautious I suppose -- no whois check over at mtld is also nice :)

texasgamer
06-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Very good suggestions and tips. Thanks!

bricio
06-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Dont use GoDaddy to search for available names at all. Someone could end up mysteriously regging the name before you go to pay for it. Use the link Scandi gave you to check directly from mTLD.
thank u for this tip nrmillions

fathomjh
06-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Sometimes they say its available when its not :(

MrMobi
09-27-2007, 06:28 AM
if its greyed out and says unavailable it usually means its recently been registered or has been registered for multiple years ie 10 is what i thought...but you know what thought....godaddy is where i registered my .mobiu through convenience as they are the biggest, they have in my humble opinion been ok but could do with major customer service upgrades...ie you send in a complaint or problem and it goes from one to another and to another new person every time you email them back... i mean come on...tell me that isnt costing them time and money...it also sux for the customer. I will be registering an account at moniker.com asap...dont feel 100% today..ty