08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
i saw this sale today on sedo

LAX.mobi 1,150$

HipHop.mobi
08-21-2008, 11:10 AM
cheap

TheJD
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Great buy, especially since "Lax" in Swedish translates to Salmon.

Scandiman
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
jd, i admire your multilingual perspective, but i think its better angle might be that it is the commonly used code for los angeles airport

Gerry
08-21-2008, 05:17 PM
jd, i admire your multilingual perspective, but i think its better angle might be that it is the commonly used code for los angeles airportyes, and the failed (miserably) Heather Locklear series.

Think of the fun someone could have with the sub-domain ex.lax.mobi.

Would go hand-and-hand (cheek-to-cheek?) with Biff's Johny.mobi.

TheJD
08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
jd, i admire your multilingual perspective, but i think its better angle might be that it is the commonly used code for los angeles airport

Los Angeles airport, I didn't know that. Now it seems an even better buy than I thought for the buyer. :coo2l:

Hey, maybe it could be used for selling Swedish Salmon (Lax) shipped directly from Los Angeles airport :biggrin:

Best regards,
Jonas

Scandiman
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Los Angeles airport, I didn't know that. Now it seems an even better buy than I thought for the buyer. :coo2l:

Hey, maybe it could be used for selling Swedish Salmon (Lax) shipped directly from Los Angeles airport :biggrin:

Best regards,
Jonas
Gravlax from LAX:laugh:

LAX is also a common abbreviation for lacrosse.

keithmt
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Seems cheap especially since yup just went
for over 2K.

acc
08-22-2008, 12:15 AM
LAX is also a common abbreviation for lacrosse.Yep, being from the East coast (US) where lacrosse is very popular ... lacrosse is the first thing that comes to mind for the term "LAX". Nice lacrosse site built out on the .com too.

youmo
08-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Do you think there are any TM issues with the airport usage. I think the real name is Los Angelese International Airport, but LAX is what everyone calls it. On arrival, at the airport all the signage says LAX. Its kind of a geo name, but also maybe a property?