PDA

View Full Version : BTW.mobi bought at $454

Mobitunist
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
by the way , Just thought I would report a purchase here (cause I can't tell my wife!!!)

Not sure who bidder # 6 :mad2: was on Sedo, but I have a couple of great ideas for this one and stuck in there --

Final price was $454!!

newton
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Well done :) Nice buy and I think I might have been bidder 6 :D

Gerry
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Another easily brandable, already branded LLL.mobi.

By The Way

Could be a superb reminder site for daily events, meetups, grocery list.

Very good buy, I think.

Yeah, don't tell your wife about your purchases.

Just your successes and sales!

bricio
07-29-2008, 07:37 PM
congrats Mobitunist!

nice buy!!! :)

newdomainer
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
by the way , Just thought I would report a purchase here (cause I can't tell my wife!!!)

Not sure who bidder # 6 :mad2: was on Sedo, but I have a couple of great ideas for this one and stuck in there --

Final price was $454!!

I can assure you that I ranked no higher than "bidder 5" :biggrin:

Well done, nice name... care to share your dev plans or is it a secret?

GijsZePa
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM

Final price was $454!!

BTW is the dutch name for VAT .... just approach the dutch government for it :)

Martin

HipHop.mobi
07-29-2008, 08:37 PM
thats a steal

namelot
07-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Well done. I feel that in a very short space of time, the mobi names we mobility members have managed to acquire at places like sedo, will be regarded as absolute "steals".
I am looking forward to seeing development of this great name.

Mobitunist
08-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the congrats.

As a small-timer this is the most I have ever paid for a domain, and first one bought on an auction, so feels good to hear that it was a worthy purchase!! :biggrin:

Google gets 150M hits on BTW, so guess it must also have some inherent value. Yes Martin, in Afrikaans BTW also stands for VAT.

I will share my plans on what I want to do later, as the idea is very easy to copy, and I want to get going first. It should, when executed correctly, help the .mobi cause.

Cheers,