LAX,mobi -> $1,150 (LA airport)
LHR,mobi -> $925 (Heathrow airport)
Booze,mobi -> $873
Ferry,mobi -> $851
Burgers,mobi -> $291
Transit,mobi -> $200

what do you think about these sales?

many people would say prices were low but i see a different thing here
i see people really believe in names fit .mobi very well... and believers are getting bargains these days

Gerry
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
LAX,mobi -> $1,150 (LA airport)
LHR,mobi -> $925 (Heathrow airport)
Booze,mobi -> $873
Ferry,mobi -> $851
Burgers,mobi -> $291
Transit,mobi -> $200

what do you think about these sales?
Perhaps low from a 2006 and 2007 standpoint.

But I think excellent bargains, all of them.

You're talking about items that are self-branding. Keywords and generics in themselves. The weakest of the bunch I think is transit and thought so even while they were being auctioned ***. Too generalized.

The others have very specific usage and huge audiences.

I guess I am more surprised that booze brought as much as it did.

A year or so ago, I think the airport codes as strong as these are could easily have brought 5K or more.

But these prices reflect the current market and I not think it is solely a reflection on .mobi.

I am not sure who (if any members) got them, but Newton got LHR and got a well branded LLL.

I was in on Ferry and burgers but dropped out.

I think had I gone one, Ferry could have topped the list.

But, other priorities at the moment.

Scandiman
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Was bidding on LAX but went beyond my limit since I'm also working some other deals. Buyer did well I think, I hope they do something with it.

TLD
07-29-2008, 02:56 AM
thought you wanted LAX. my fav is arcade..

nombre
07-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Burgers,mobi -> $291
Transit,mobi -> $200imagine 3 years from now when virtually everyphone made will have built in gps

if you own transit.mobi or burgers.mobi, you will code in the link to read the gps location and your customer will only need to go to burger.mobi and the gps will automatically bring up a map with all the burger joints within whatever radius they choose

it will automatically bring up a map of whatever transit system is closest, there will be no real need for londonunderground.mobi or seattletransit.mobi or metrotransit.mobi etc (of course i'm sure these names will be around for awhile but i can really see someone with deep pockets contracting with all the transit systems in the top 1000 markets to link to a mobi compliant back end of their systems)

the gps itself will decide what menu and what maps and what directions to show the user won't have to do anything except read a map with all of the material in place for them to choose from

these seem to me to be real bargains ....

Gerry
07-29-2008, 03:50 AM
these seem to me to be real bargains ....I agree. Transit still seems a little generalized to me but that is just me. But you are correct...assuming everything is GPS and picks your location and positions it with the location of the nearest terminal, station, tube, tunnel (mass transit) this might be the hidden gem. And, everything is heading towards GPS so why even assume.

Burgers are the craze here in the US. I was bidding on it. But on a global scale, it is perhaps more a US craving. Still a very, very good keyword.

noonoo1
07-29-2008, 05:46 AM
I was bidding on booze, but went a little high for me. I started 3 of them *** on sedo. They were all nice names.

Gerry
07-29-2008, 07:19 AM
They were all nice names.Indeed.

I got in on Ferry and Burgers.

HipHop.mobi
07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
i think the prices are good for for 3 letters

nombre
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Transit still seems a little generalized to me you are right gerry, it really is, so i guess a large infrastructure and advertising would need to put in place

who knows what people think about around the world when they want to get on a bus, train or subway ??

is it metro.mobi, tube.mobi, bus.mobi, transit.mobi, schedule.mobi, buses.mobi. tram.mobi or will it be the initials of each local transit authority like mta.mobi ?? still a long way to go to figure this out

now pizza.mobi is another story, you could code gps and maps into that domain _worldwide_ and it could be a money machine :laugh: