PDA

View Full Version : Just sold prijsvergelijk.mobi for about 1500 dollar

GijsZePa
06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi guys,

Sold another dutch .mobi. Prijsvergelijk.mobi ..for 1000 euros

Prijsvergelijk means 'price compare'
Nice deal for a dutch language one I pressume :)

Martin

domainitrix
06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
How cool!!

Congrats on the great sale Martin!

Pred
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
congrats
Dutchies are kicking ass with mobi:adore:
shame they got their ass kicked by the Ruskis :biggrin:

jasdon
06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Congrats Martin!

that word looks like your cat walked across your keyboard - if I saw the .com on a droplist, I would've passed over it thinking it was a previous spammers domain :biggrin:

GijsZePa
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Do i hear somebody flushing the toilet ?

Martin (They played great...the Ruskis..)

jasdon
06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
congrats
Dutchies are kicking ass with mobi:adore:

At least they were in the bloody thing.....:confused2:

hawkeye
06-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi guys,

Sold another dutch .mobi. Prijsvergelijk.mobi ..for 1000 euros

Prijsvergelijk means 'price compare'
....Wow, it has meaning??? I thought perhaps you fell asleep regging, and this is what you got when you used the keyboard for a pillow!!

Congrats. Nice sale.

GijsZePa
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, it has meaning??? I thought perhaps you fell asleep regging, and this is what you got when you used the keyboard for a pillow!!

Congrats. Nice sale.

haha...understand that totally... I think the dutch are the only people in the world who use the 'ij' together.

My olders son has the combination in his name: Gijs (GijsZePa means father of Gijs). Very old fashioned duth name.

Martin

Pred
06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
was it a private sale Martin or sedo etc? and did they approach you?
cheers

GijsZePa
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
was it a private sale Martin or sedo etc? and did they approach you?
cheers

Sedo,

Had an initial bid 425 euros and decided to bring it to auction. Emailed several price compare sites that it would go into auction and all of the sudden some other (originally 250 euro) bidder decided to accept my counter bid. (probably afraid that a competitor would get te name).

I'm regretting the 1000 euro counterbid. Probably should have been higher.

Well..I'm still happy with it...seen some very nice english keyword domains sold for less :)

Martin

Pred
06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
cheers Martin
congrats again on a solid sale that will be developed

bricio
06-25-2008, 02:00 AM
congrats on your very nice sale :congrats:

haha...understand that totally... I think the dutch are the only people in the world who use the 'ij' together.

My olders son has the combination in his name: Gijs (GijsZePa means father of Gijs). Very old fashioned duth name.

Martin
Martin, we also have 'ij' together like in "beijo" and it means kiss

nice to know what your username means :coo2l:

photoman
06-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Martin

Congratulations on your sale, a good price in my opinion- congratulations on the buyer too!
Do you have any idea what this person/company will do with this name?

GijsZePa
06-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Martin

Congratulations on your sale, a good price in my opinion- congratulations on the buyer too!
Do you have any idea what this person/company will do with this name?

I don't know who is it yet, but according to somebody who contacted me its probably the current owner of prijsvergelijk.nl ..and that's a great developed site ! I expect an developed .mobi..

Martin

photoman
06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I don't know who is it yet, but according to somebody who contacted me its probably the current owner of prijsvergelijk.nl ..and that's a great developed site ! I expect an developed .mobi..

Martin

Hopefully he/she can join the forum and show us the developed site when done! een lekkere prijs Martin-prijsvergelijk.mobi! Van Harte!:congrats:

italiandragon
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Congrats!!!

I wonder why no Dutches pick up my 2 nice LLL.mobi which are also Ducth words? :(

GijsZePa
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Congrats!!!

I wonder why no Dutches pick up my 2 nice LLL.mobi which are also Ducth words? :(

Well Dragon...those are normal dutch words but very difficult to monetize..I think they're worth the money, but you need some purpose for it (as you know...parking .mobis isn't an option)

BTW I noticed that you sold RUK.mobi and RUW.mobi. so don't complain :)

Martin

italiandragon
06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Well Dragon...those are normal dutch words but very difficult to monetize..I think they're worth the money, but you need some purpose for it (as you know...parking .mobis isn't an option)

BTW I noticed that you sold RUK.mobi and RUW.mobi. so don't complain :)

Martin

:) yep, and I also just sold MUF.mobi but I`m selling at bargain prices and if you noticed instead I had (with my big surprise) just discovered that on MUF.mobi there was HIDDEN revenue!! too bad I already had agreed to the price and the deal was carried with Sedo.